comic con question....

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
moonrabitt
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

comic con question....

Post by moonrabitt »

I know I'm asking this super ahead of time....but due to the con's massive nature..I'm wondering...for those of you who have gone....in how far in advanced do you get the tickets???

I know the thing is like 3 times as big as Expo 0_o...I tried going but the tickets where sold out...is it like months in advanced?

-thanks!!!
Some say that life is like a box of chocolates, I say life is like a box of cake.
graymouser

Post by graymouser »

I am not sure exactly when they sell out, but for this past Comic Con the 4 day tickets were sold out by mid-March (possibly earlier). That is when a friend of mine tried to get tickets and ended up having to buy each day individually instead of one ticket for the entire time.

It has been selling out earlier and earlier so the sooner you get them, the better off you are.

It is still being debated by the city of San Diego, but there is a possibility that the convention center will be expanded. Hopefully that will eliminate the problem altogether. Right now the fire department puts the maximum number of people for the building at about 125,000. Its just a matter of seeing if the city is willing to pay the huge price tag to expand the center.
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

This year 4 day and Saturday tickets sold out in Febuary.

Hopefully there will be relief on the horizon for there is a current proposal to add another 400k square foot expansion of the San Diego convention center from the new section towards the water. If that is built it will allow more to attend (the fire marshalls have set the 125K attendance limit due to the current size).
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
graymouser

Post by graymouser »

I just checked their web page, and the 4-day tickets for July 2010 are already sold out. I am not sure when that happened, but I am very happy I got my ticket extra early this year.

They will be opening sales for individual day tickets starting December 15.
http://www.comic-con.org/
moonrabitt

Post by moonrabitt »

0_o they sold out super fast!!! HOLY $&#^&*##

I'll just buy day tickets then..next time I'll just buy them super early

-thanks for the info
Some say that life is like a box of chocolates, I say life is like a box of cake.
Tabbykitty
Senpai - Elder

Post by Tabbykitty »

I remember reading on Sideshow's site (the statue maker/retailer) that the 4 day passes with access to preview night were sold out by the start of october. Which pretty much put to rest my hopes of going to comic-con this next year :)
You fight quite well for being such a ... little man-Android 18
http://tabbykitty101.rubberslug.com/
:cat