Katsucon: Feb. 12-14 in Washington, DC

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

That will probably work for me....
syan
Senpai - Elder

Post by syan »

Good for me too.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

I HAVE RESERVATIONS FOR OUR GROUP AT MCCORMICK & SCHMICK'S FOR 11:30am ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 12. BECAUSE IT IS VALENTINE'S DAY WEEKEND, I WAS REQUIRED TO USE MY CREDIT CARD TO HOLD THE RESERVATION. I NEED TO KNOW WHO CAN COME AND WHO CANNOT. IF YOU WOULD PREFER TO E-MAIL ME, RATHER THAN POST HERE, PLEASE DO SO: REITHEJELLY[AT]GMAIL.COM

ALTHOUGH THIS IS A RESTAURANT, PEOPLE ARE ENCOURAGED TO BRING AT LEAST SOME CELS TO SHOW OFF. :D :D

(AND YES, I REALIZE THAT THE COMPUTER I'M CURRENTLY ON HAS ISSUES WITH THE CAPS LOCK. MY APOLOGIES. FEEL FREE TO BLAME INSUFFICIENT SCHOOL FUNDING AND THIRD-RATE EQUIPMENT.)
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

I had a grand total of 2 people tell me they could make it to this luncheon, which partly factors into my decision to cancel my reservation at McCormick & Schmick's. But mostly because I can't go to the convention anymore and the reservation was on my credit card.

Between the 10" of snow at home, the 18" in Philly and the 20" in Baltimore and DC (all expected on Tues/Wed in addition to what was already on the ground from last week's storm), there is no way I can handle driving out and back by myself.

I hope everyone who is able to make it has a great time, though! Take photos, ok? :)
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

I was actually going to email you to see if the snow was affecting the plans...

I still plan on trying to go, but I'm not certain I'll make it either. I've been off work the past 2 days and not even sure if I'll make it in at all this week. If I do make it to the convention I might not be ableto get there until friday, instead of thursday night like I was planning. No clue yet!!!

Do you go to Otakon? I go to that con as well as Katsucon every year. I hope I can manage to meet up at some point in the future! Sorry it isn't going to work out this weekend. ;__; Horrible weather is abysmal.
Kata
Sakabatō Sheath

Post by Kata »

I wasn't sure if I was be able to go, so I left it open. But by the way it's going with this weather here right now I wouldn't be able to make it anyway. We snowed in here and I had to dig my cars out of the snow the other day. But we got hills of snow around my area just so streets could be for most part clear so that people are able to still get to their destinations.
We suppose to get more snow tonight and tomorrow. We got already over 22" on ground already, not sure if I want anymore. LOL My car still got snow all around it, but thankfully I can drive it out of the driveway.

To bad, I would of liked meeting up with some of you in person. :( Maybe next time.
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

Okay, so I'm still at the con, but dang. You guys really aren't missing much. I've been to probably every Katsucon except one since 2000...and this is probably the deadest I've ever seen it. There isn't even a single cel dealer in the merch room. Not loving this new hotel either. ;__;