Fanime - San Jose, CA - May 28-31

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Fanime - San Jose, CA - May 28-31

Post by cutiebunny »

Anyone else going? Wanna have a mini-Sluggy-fest?
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Hubby and I were thinking about going :).
Belldandy
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Belldandy »

I'm usually there >.<
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

I will be there with my daugther since she lives in San Jose, but I not sure of our plans.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Is there anyone familiar with the area around the convention center?

Otherwise, it'll be Slugfest at the local McDonald's/Burger King/Carls' Jr./In & Out! :)

Ooh! McDonald's is only .2 mi away from the center. Or we could just head to Ben & Jerry's instead. It's only .1 mi away from the con. I personally think that Chunky Monkey makes for excellent dining fare(plus, it has fruit...and that's like, from one of those food groups...)!

Any takers?! /no1

Nah, I'll look around and see if anything can be reserved for maybe a Saturday evening. Are there any dietary restrictions? I promise I'll look for something relatively expensive. Gotta save our monies for the cels & sketches!
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

~~jealousy!!~~~
* O *

:topic
I just read that apart from the reg con, fanime is also hosting a big
event on the side where they are bringing in the
designers/illustrators from Angelic Pretty and Altelier Pierrot and
setting up several brand booths selling the latest prints.

Man... California gets the sickest cons..
:drool :drool
Last edited by Shampoo on Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belldandy
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Belldandy »

The two sit down places I can think of off the top of my head are Original Joe's and Gorden Bierch...
Belldandy
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Belldandy »

Schedule is up! This is the second year they've been super good with this! Yay!

http://www.fanime.com/2010/05/22/fanime ... -schedule/

Edit: Oooh, look at that, the two thing I look forward to most have conflicting schedules. Surprise, surprise T_T
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I'm a bit torqued out that they don't have most of the panels up yet for the Japanese guests. Instead, they tell you to go to the information booth and ask when people are going to sign stuff. I feel sorry for the employee who will be working there - they're going to be swamped by people wanting to know this stuff.
Belldandy
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Belldandy »

Daisuke Ishiwatari & Toshimichi Mori - Guilty Gear Q&A 1:00pm Sunday Marriott Salon 4:6
Daisuke Ishiwatari & Toshimichi Mori - BlazBlue Q&A 1:00pm Saturday Marriott Salon 4:6
Mamoru Yokota - Anime, Illustrations... Noon Sunday Marriott Salon 4:6 (shrewd bet based on name of panel, time and where it is located)
Hiroyuki Yamaga - Hiroyuki Yamaga presents History of GAINAX 10:00am Saturday Marriott Salon 4:6

Don't bother looking for names, look for what they've worked on or a general description of what they do. A few years ago the schedule was released on Saturday. SATURDAY. They have been doing so much better lately.

First thing you should do is figure out when and where they are giving out the tickets for the (free) ticketed event, Meet the Guests is. Then you can ask the guests what panels they are doing.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Thank you :)

How far away is the Marriott from the convention center?

So...sounds like the only thing on Friday is the FLOW concert.

Also, since this is my first time at Fanime, do they have open signature sessions on the last day like AX does?
Belldandy
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Belldandy »

My pleasure!

The Marriott and Hilton are actually attached to the convention center, very convenient!

No open signatures on the last day like AX. There are autograph sessions though, I don't think I've really had a hard time getting a signature I've wanted that I can remember, but I haven't tried to get any from the bands though :?

I hope you'll enjoy the con!
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I was thinking maybe...since nothing was really planned, that maybe we should do a last minute get-together?

Say...round 7pm Saturday evening? Does that work for everyone?

I went to the McDonalds today and it was pretty desolate, so maybe that wouldn't be such a bad place?

Either way, I'll have my cellphone with me - (510)861-6367. Just give me a buzz and maybe we can work something out.
Belldandy
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Belldandy »

Sure, but Saturday at 7, is during the Gaia panel and the Masquerade, and unless I learn to split myself in three (still working on two, really hope to have that figured out by tomorrow) I am going to be at one of those (Gaia panel iz srs buzinezz and I have friends in the Masquarade)

McDonalds comes and goes in waves, so it could be good...

Do you have Twitter? Fanime has a twitter account at http://twitter.com/FanimeCon and had a ton of updates including autographs!

I'll pm you my cell #!