this really blows..

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

How does that work? You mean they have 1-day, 2-day, 3-day and 4-day passes?

What if you wanted to do something like go the first day and the third day only?
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

ah no, I meant I could also choose to go on 2nd&3rd or 3rd&4th if I were to get a 2 day pass, but as far as I know there are 1, 2 and 4 day passes. and for 2 days it'll have to be 2 consecutive days.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

They sort of spaced out the gaming panels though. It might be better if I went there three days. It doesn't feel right staying at a motel for only one night. It's like as soon as I get to AX it's time to leave.

Anyone want fifty bucks to wait in line for three hours? :D

Unfortunately I don't have a cell phone so that wouldn't work. Now I'll have to figure out if there's a decent motel to stay at within walking distance.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

now now, don't embrace obstacles-_-''come on we're talking about the biggest anime convention in U.S, once a year+the 20th year! ...guess that doesn't really matter much to people like us who only cares about loots and nothing else lol personally I think its really worth it since they have a bunch of awesome anime figurines with decent price(last year I got a kos-mos one for 50$ and its always 100+$ everywhere else+shipping, mandarake even had it for 20000yen days ago and was sold out) so that itself paid for the ticket :)

for cels I don't like how all the vendors just have them in a bunch of giant folders and displays them where a bunch of people just flaps through them randomly and there big and heavy and even easy to be damaged and I even gets discouraged to look because most owners are so unfriendly and consistently checks up on you with the gaze, like my boss . maybe they should have scanned all the cels into smaller pictures and put them into smaller folders without a bunch of cel bags wrapped over where people can just flip through easily. more viewer friendly I think lol
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

theultimatebrucelee wrote: for cels I don't like how all the vendors just have them in a bunch of giant folders and displays them where a bunch of people just flaps through them randomly and there big and heavy and even easy to be damaged and I even gets discouraged to look because most owners are so unfriendly and consistently checks up on you with the gaze, like my boss . maybe they should have scanned all the cels into smaller pictures and put them into smaller folders without a bunch of cel bags wrapped over where people can just flip through easily. more viewer friendly I think lol
That's always bothered me!!!

The cons I go to usually only have one or two cel dealers and they have to fit so many cel books on the tables that they are constantly getting stacked and slammed on top of each other. It always makes me cringe thinking of how much weight must get put on some of the cels over the course of the con.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Okay, I went and made a reservation at the "JW Marriott Hotel Los Angeles" for July 1-3, 2011. So at least I have a reservation set up now. :)

Hopefully everything will work out.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

..oh? surprised :D

and four days nonetheless...speechless lol thats cool, hopefully you can go and find the con enjoyable. on the flip side, I might not go anymore..had some facial nerve problem thats not bells pulsy but have similar symptoms for the pass two months but keeps on getting worse and now my face is totally distorted, and the doctor couldn't figure out what my problem is!! so now, sad to say, but I look all retarded so general don't go out to public unless I have to, besides school a few time a week which I have absolutely no choice. this is such a killer at my age..
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Well it's three days, but we'll see how it goes. Hopefully I'll be able to take off. Got a new manager in our department so I'm not sure. But we'll see. It'll be a new experience for me going over there.

Sorry to hear about your health and that you won't be able to make it. :(

I hope they'll be able to figure out what's going on with you.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

man, thats how messed up I was, couldn't even read the number right lol I just decided to live without looking at mirror unless I have to and don't think about it, if theres problem there won't be enough money to cover so my problem might be permanent-_- but yes I hope everything works out for you, if by chance I'm able to go visit I'll be sure to contact you ahead so maybe we can meet up still and maybe even hangout :D assuming you don't mind talking to the wired looking asian guy lol I don't have much exp either at AX, but if theres anything I can help, let me know.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Thanks! I'll do that if it all gets to that point. First, I'll have to be able to take off work. If only a couple of those days were weekdays and together it would be easy to take off, but taking off Sunday and the Fourth of July is not easy.

The hotel is more expensive than I'm used to, but at least it's very close. And I rarely get to do this too so it's a semi-special occasion (if I go that is). :D

Hope it works out on your end also.