this really blows..

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Keropi wrote:Heck...I'd pay an extra $50 to avoid standing in a three and a half hour line. I hate standing in lines. Are people even allowed to sit on the floor while waiting these days? :sweatdrop
I knew you were rich, I knew it!! lol but yeah I get what you mean standing in line is tiresome especially 3+hours! last year me and my friends just set in line and played yugioh lol(even made it to top 16 but was DQ'd on final cause were late..)
I think I'm getting a little too old to sit on the floor for three hours comfortably (even if they allowed us to sit on the floor).

well I just thought up a great idea for them to generate more profit, speedpass!! and make 3 levels, limited, ultra and ultimate!! and charge the hack out of rich and inpatient lol that way poor people can get in faster too.
If I attend there next year, I'll try to stay away from the events that'll annoy me (and the overcrowded events). :)
which kind of event? we should meet up at some place :D
My dad is wondering if the bankrupt City of Los Angeles is raising fees at the Convention Center? He just retired from working for the City so he knows how screwed up they've been lately.
even more so the Speedpass lol no idea, but think the ticket prices are raised, and the picture on the ticket looks blurry compared to last years.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

A speedpass would be good.
theultimatebrucelee wrote:which kind of event? we should meet up at some place :D
If I was by myself, I would avoid things like the musical events, the masquerade, the movie debuts and the anime music video contest. It's not worth the trouble trying to get in. Probably wouldn't be able to read the subtitles on the screen. Those lines are too long. Seeing a raw video wouldn't be as bad as it used to be, but I would still only understand so much of what they were saying.

I wouldn't try to get a ticket to get an autograph either. I've stood in lines with winning tickets and ended up getting nothing and wasting my time. If I was by myself I'd probably only attend panels and go to the dealers room. Maybe I'd sit in and see some videos, but that would only be to pass the time. It's not like the old days when you'd be able to see videos that few people in the room had seen before.

The dealers room would be good to check out assuming anyone will be there next year. But I wouldn't want to look at anything if the front of the table is crowded. I'm not in a rush to buy anything so I could wait to see what's left after people have already picked everything over.

In short, while I'm there by myself I'd stick to the smaller hassle stuff. :)

Not sure how they run things there now, but I've never been in the Convention Center and it'd be good to see new places. Meeting people from online would be good too.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

I see, well I'm not a people person myself and would rather avoid overly crowded places, either that or try to blend in like ninja so no one would notice lol I don't talk to people I don't know, and I Unintentionally avoid people for no good reason...I think I would be perfect living in Japan in a isolated room and never get out like the dude from "Welcome to HNK" :D
unfortunately for me...lets just say I don't make enough money and my parents don't support me enough like other asian parents do lol

well next years gonna be the 20th anniversary of AX so I bet something awesomes gonna take place over at LA convention center, I really liked that FF XIII advertisement they had last year---entire side of hotel building painted with XIII's main chars!! at night it just looks stunning! next year I might go for either 2 days or 4 days, if I'm along then we should meet up somewhere, and discuss bishojo related stuff and char personalities/traits lol if your not talking to anyone else and got nothing better to do and bored :) beware of my accent however, I should be understandable most of the time tho, I hope, its what I get for not talking much :x
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Alright...I'll see if I can try to go next year.

I'll have to see where I can make a room reservation. I don't even know of a reasonable place to stay around there. Too bad they don't have supermarkets around the area like Anaheim did. They were good places to pick up cheap food. :D

Not sure what name to put on my name badge though. The gamers might know me by one name while the people here would know me by another. Or maybe I should go incognito instead and try to blend into the background. :P
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

actually I think there is a little 7/11 like store very close to pantry cafe, but I forgot the name of it and there kinda over priced..still a good place considering how convenient it is. hotels a totally different matter tho..last year we had ten people in one room and somehow everything worked out in the end lol early reservation should prably take care of it, or maybe even a motel, if everything fails I'll just have to stay at my grandparents place over at chinatown 8)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Pantry cafe? What's that?

Ten people in a room? Wasn't the floor hard to sleep on?
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:Pantry cafe? What's that?
well heres the website about them http://www.pantrycafe.com/

there really close to LA convention center and like 5 minutes away walking distance. supposedly they opened 24/7 for the past 85 years. pretty nifty place if you ask me, their prices are reasonable too. last year I screwed up and forgot the room number of hotel, didn't know whos the dude that rented the room for us, couldn't find my roommates and cell photo dead without their numbers...didn't sleep for two days haven't eaten in a day...2:30 in the morning with everything else closed down they were my savior! I then had the strength to walk an hour to chinatown afterwards..
Ten people in a room? Wasn't the floor hard to sleep on?
well it wasn't really if your tired enough :) somehow we all fitted in there, big enough room at least.

so my harddrive returned at last two days ago, and inside there was a bunch of corrupted files and empty folders with only 1/2 of my original data..they told me they'd restore 390gb of data which is what I paid for and called me they were only able to do 360, and I received almost half corrupted...those fry's bastards!! should prably call their manager and ask for refund or something.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Hmm...that place looks familiar. I might have seen it while cruising the area on Google Maps Street Level. :)

Sorry to hear about your hard drive results.
Rik1138

Post by Rik1138 »

Keropi wrote:Too bad they don't have supermarkets around the area like Anaheim did. They were good places to pick up cheap food. :D
:P
There's a Ralph's about 2 blocks from the convention center (9th and Flower). It's on the way to the hotel I stayed in if I chose to walk. I loaded up on day 1 (which lasted until about day 3... :) ).
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Thanks for the info.

The Google Maps street level must be older than three years old then. I can't even look up the address on Ralph's website because it says it's Store Finder lookup is currently not available.

So it's on the Northwest corner then? Must be smaller than their usual size store since it's downtown.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:Must be smaller than their usual size store since it's downtown.
heh, thats what my friend said when he saw the local taco bell, the smallest one he ever laid eyes on. I'm pretty used to it by now lol
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Ah...so Anime Expo 2011 is on July 1-4 eh?

They changed the days just to include the Fourth of July? How nice. Guess it won't be so easy going next year after all. There's just no way to avoid the Fourth of July no matter what day of the week the convention falls on. :roll:

#%&@!!
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:#%&@!!
poor excuse! :D why not on july fourth, is it the traffic, or work?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I work retail and the Fourth of July is one of the busiest days of the year (excluding November and December of course).

I get more work hours that week and I get time and a half pay for the Fourth of July. It makes up for the week before when I don't get many work hours. It's also harder to take off of work around that time because there are more things to do on the Sunday before the Fourth of July and on the Fourth of July itself. I'm the one that's primarily doing those activities so it's harder for someone to fill in for me.

It's the hardest day for me to take off of from January to October.

Maybe I should take off for three days from Friday to Sunday. That might not be too bad.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

ah, that sucks man. I can't relate to it only because my hourly rate sucks, therefore I'd call any working day off to go anywhere I want be it a time and half or double :D

but for loots and meeting people 2 days would prably be enough, that's what I'm thinking about doing since I'm not really interested in those overly crowded events either, would most likely be first and second day. tho I wouldn't be so sure about pre-ordering tickets since judging from this years exp picking up or buying on the spot would take about the same amount of time(on 1st day), I think. man, still hope you can make it, if not maybe next next year :)