Youmacon (Oct. 28-31, 2010) Detroit, MI

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Youmacon (Oct. 28-31, 2010) Detroit, MI

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Is anyone else going to attend Youmacon this year? I've submitted an application for a cel panel, but have yet to hear back. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, because last time I ran a cel panel at Youmacon (2007) I had 70+ people show up - it was awesome! :)

http://www.youmacon.com

This year the convention has moved to the GM Renaissance Center, which is right on the river front. Very nice! http://www.gmrencen.com/
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

No midwest folks? *sad* :l
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

CEL PANEL!!!! 9-10am on Saturday. Giving out free cels. :)
xXElysionsPrincessXx
Anime Geek

Post by xXElysionsPrincessXx »

I missed it?! D:
You're the other Marie Antoinette cosplayer, right? (although I don't think I saw you wearing it at the convention. You wore Lolita there, correct?). Tell me if I'm wrong haha.
x♥ C o M e J o I n M e I n E l Y s I o N ♥x
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

xXElysionsPrincessXx wrote:I missed it?! D:
You're the other Marie Antoinette cosplayer, right? (although I don't think I saw you wearing it at the convention. You wore Lolita there, correct?). Tell me if I'm wrong haha.
Correct. I did not have space to bring Marie, but I was wearing several costumes through out the weekend, including a green lolita dress on Friday. I wore Sora (Kaleido Star) on Saturday. Sunday was...uh...oh, right, Bisuke (Hunter x Hunter).

You didn't miss much by not being at the panel. It was really early in the morning, so hardly anyone came. And my grandmother died about an hour before it started, so I was pretty much on auto-pilot the entire time...I don't think any of the attendees noticed my lack of concentration, but it definitely was not a high-ranking performance from me.