2011 Anime con list

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

2011 Anime con list

Post by JWR »

So you can start planning for 2011

http://www.animecons.com/events/
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

:topic

I noticed today in the computer that my request for July 1-3 to take off work for Anime Expo has been approved. Now they could still change their minds and reverse it, but I'm somewhat encouraged at this point. I might be able to go three days after all. I won't count on it. I'll just leave it as a "possibility" for now.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

I will be at AnimeNext (Somerset, NJ, June 10-12) and proposing panels, so if there are Betarians who would like to do something animation-art associated (or not), let me know. I have run panels in 2009 and 2010 and had good experiences both times, though I'd liked to have had more people attending.

I'm considering, for instance, a panel on an anime series that is "under the radar" for most people. Tenshi ni Narumon is a good example: people who know it, love it, but it's not easy to get to know as the North American licencee only released the first half of the series, leaving off just as (in my opinion) the storyline begins to get really interesting.
Sui Kune
Kamisama - God

Post by Sui Kune »

I'll be at Sakuracon for sure. :)

I really hope I can find a cel panel there, I'd really love to attend one and get so envious of those attending when I hear about you guys running them! I am now officially dug into this hobby like a tick. XD

duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Is it just me or does the con already cancelled on April 1st seem odd? Is it some kind of early April Fool's Day joke? :P :^^:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Tabbykitty
Senpai - Elder

Post by Tabbykitty »

My husband and I will definitely be at Sakuracon this year (as every year lol). Hope to see you there Sui Kune!

Usually Curt Shiori has been the one to run and organize the cel panel in years past, but he's stepped up in the con management/volunteering, so I'm not sure if he is or is not going to do it this year.
You fight quite well for being such a ... little man-Android 18
http://tabbykitty101.rubberslug.com/
:cat
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I didn't see Pacific Media Expo (PMX) and YaoiCon on the list. Wonder why...?
Nene
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Nene »

Edit: Ok, looks like I stumbled across a cr*ppy con, so I'll delete this post.

I need to visit a US con one day when I save the plane ticket money...
JWR

Post by JWR »

One I'm going to keep an eye on is this one that runs at the same time as AX.
http://www.animecons.com/events/info.shtml/2363

With all of the problems AX created with their "policys" towards the dealers I am wondering if a lot of those who normally go to AX but are boycotting may instead go here.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

JWR wrote:One I'm going to keep an eye on is this one that runs at the same time as AX.
http://www.animecons.com/events/info.shtml/2363

With all of the problems AX created with their "policys" towards the dealers I am wondering if a lot of those who normally go to AX but are boycotting may instead go here.
Oh...AM2. Yes, you are not alone on that. I head over to their forums once in a while and see what's going on. But from the sound of it, those that had industry connections migrated over to AM2. I don't know how I feel about an a la carte convention, though.

I'm on the hedge and I may attend both that weekend. It will largely depend on who goes to each convention.