Otakon 2011...

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
Queen_Serenity
Kakashi Stalker

Otakon 2011...

Post by Queen_Serenity »

I know it's a little early, but I am just curious as to who will be attending this year? I will be getting there probably on that Thursday to pick up my pass. I don't know if I will be bringing any of my cels with me, but I may be dragging along one of my ball jointed dolls. Has anyone started planning for a meetup? :o

<3 Stacie

Beta Attendance List:
Queen_Serenity
Sky Rat
blueshinma
Gonzai
jenn-b
genomexec
syan
Kaona
KuroiTsubasa4
Last edited by Queen_Serenity on Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

I'll be there.

Not planning on bringing cels though, I always have my hands too full transporting cosplay stuff.
blueshinma
Kamisama - God

Post by blueshinma »

:D After a hiatus of several years I'll be making this one! I hope a cel meeting happens!
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

Jenn and I will be there. Never been before, but looking
forward to something new this year. :o
genomexec
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by genomexec »

I'll be there!
Queen_Serenity
Kakashi Stalker

Post by Queen_Serenity »

Gonzai wrote:Jenn and I will be there. Never been before, but looking
forward to something new this year. :o
It's really nice. The inner harbor area is quite pretty. :) God knows it's not nearly as big as AX, but it is big enough. lol
I am going to try and book a room in the same hotel as you guys. I stayed there the year before last and it was probably the best hotel I've come across yet. I'm excited to finally be meeting you and Jenn in person! :D We will all have to plan dinner or something one day.
syan
Senpai - Elder

Post by syan »

I'll be there as well.
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

Queen_Serenity wrote: am going to try and book a room in the same hotel as you guys. I stayed there the year before last and it was probably the best hotel I've come across yet. I'm excited to finally be meeting you and Jenn in person! We will all have to plan dinner or something one day.
I am really looking forward to finally meeting you as well. ^_^
I am going to shoot you a pm about the hotel. ^_^
Queen_Serenity
Kakashi Stalker

Post by Queen_Serenity »

Updated my first post with an attendance list for when this thread gets bigger. :) Let's start planning for some sort of meetup. Would y'all like to go to a restaurant nearby or find some place in the convention center to do the meetup?
Kaona
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Kaona »

I will be there, and will probably have a ball jointed doll tagging along, too. :wink:
Queen_Serenity
Kakashi Stalker

Post by Queen_Serenity »

Kaona wrote:I will be there, and will probably have a ball jointed doll tagging along, too. :wink:
Awesome! Which ones do you have? I have a little over 30. :emb Are you on Den of Angels? If so you can check out my profile on there. :wink:

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/membe ... nity-Shall
Kaona
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Kaona »

Queen_Serenity wrote:
Kaona wrote:I will be there, and will probably have a ball jointed doll tagging along, too. :wink:

Awesome! Which ones do you have? I have a little over 30. :emb Are you on Den of Angels? If so you can check out my profile on there. :wink:

30 dolls?! 8O My goodness, that is a huge family!

I bought a Volks YO-SD Hina Ichigo for my daughter, but realized she was more of a collector's doll. So, I got her a Rosen Lied Tuesday's Child, but that didn't go over well. Her stern look and pale face gives her a creepy dolly stare that frightens the children, LMAO. And then there is a big boy I am awaiting from Soom, and a Bambicrony Ciao Bella is on its way to replace the rejected Rosen doll. My daughter already asked if she could bring Hina Ichigo to Otakon to see her original mother (Midori, who will be there this year!).

I am not a member of Den of Angels. I sort of have mixed feelings as to whether or not to join. I don't know if I really want to know what is for sale over there...do I? X|
Queen_Serenity
Kakashi Stalker

Post by Queen_Serenity »

Kaona wrote:
30 dolls?! 8O My goodness, that is a huge family!

I bought a Volks YO-SD Hina Ichigo for my daughter, but realized she was more of a collector's doll. So, I got her a Rosen Lied Tuesday's Child, but that didn't go over well. Her stern look and pale face gives her a creepy dolly stare that frightens the children, LMAO. And then there is a big boy I am awaiting from Soom, and a Bambicrony Ciao Bella is on its way to replace the rejected Rosen doll. My daughter already asked if she could bring Hina Ichigo to Otakon to see her original mother (Midori, who will be there this year!).

I am not a member of Den of Angels. I sort of have mixed feelings as to whether or not to join. I don't know if I really want to know what is for sale over there...do I? X|
Yeah, I really need to sell some. :emb I am kind of running out of space to put all of them. lol
You really should join DoA. You won't have access to the Market Place until you meet the required post amount and have been there for a certain amount of days. So that will give you a feeler about the community and all before you will be able to see all of the items for sale. :wink: It is a very useful forum full of knowledgable members.
Queen_Serenity
Kakashi Stalker

Re: Otakon 2011...

Post by Queen_Serenity »

It's getting closer! *excited squee* Will anymore Beta members be attending? :^^:
KuroiTsubasa4
Kamisama - God

Re: Otakon 2011...

Post by KuroiTsubasa4 »

I'm new to this forum, but this year will be my fourth Otakon :D I'll be in a trio of Card Captor Sakura cosplayers (myself as Meilin and my friends will be Syaoran, and Pink Cat outfit Sakura). Say hi if you see me =^_^= A cel meetup would be fun but with all the cosplay stuff I'll be transporting, I doubt I'd trust myself enough to bring cels :( I do hope to buy some at the con though >.>