Otakon 2011...

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
Queen_Serenity
Kakashi Stalker

Re: Otakon 2011...

Post by Queen_Serenity »

KuroiTsubasa4 wrote:I'm new to this forum, but this year will be my fourth Otakon :D I'll be in a trio of Card Captor Sakura cosplayers (myself as Meilin and my friends will be Syaoran, and Pink Cat outfit Sakura). Say hi if you see me =^_^= A cel meetup would be fun but with all the cosplay stuff I'll be transporting, I doubt I'd trust myself enough to bring cels :( I do hope to buy some at the con though >.>
Welcome! :^^: I added you to the list. I will hopefully have my cosplay completed in time for the convention. :bounce
KuroiTsubasa4
Kamisama - God

Post by KuroiTsubasa4 »

I'm mostly done but the wig is a challenge for me...What will you be cosplaying? (I'll also be Platinum Royale Tadase *aka ridiculously frilly boy* for one of the days along with a Death Rebel Ikuto and Amulet Diamond Amu)
Queen_Serenity
Kakashi Stalker

Post by Queen_Serenity »

KuroiTsubasa4 wrote:I'm mostly done but the wig is a challenge for me...What will you be cosplaying? (I'll also be Platinum Royale Tadase *aka ridiculously frilly boy* for one of the days along with a Death Rebel Ikuto and Amulet Diamond Amu)
I am cosplaying Stocking from Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt and hopefully Chii from Chobits if I can get the costume made in time. :)
Queen_Serenity
Kakashi Stalker

Post by Queen_Serenity »

Otakon is about a week away! Are there any other members attending? I will be helping out at Midori's booth, so please stop by and say hello. :) I would love to meet you all in person! :bounce
blueshinma
Kamisama - God

Post by blueshinma »

Ohhh I'm happy Midori will be there!! Note to self bring more cash!!!!
Queen_Serenity
Kakashi Stalker

Post by Queen_Serenity »

blueshinma wrote:Ohhh I'm happy Midori will be there!! Note to self bring more cash!!!!
lol You have no idea how excited I am to finally meet her in person after all of these years talking to her! :D ...and of course to see all of her amazing cels in person. :love: This week better fly by! :P
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

Has an actual meetup time and place been decided??
blueshinma
Kamisama - God

Post by blueshinma »

I don't think so. Traditionally it has been Friday evening at the holiday in bar/lounge. They usually have space available for a group of people just to walk in. Sat people want to go to the Masq. Does Friday conflict with BJD stuff? Thursday might be perfect if everyone will be there early?.....

Plus my partner in OTA crime has been called out of the country so, if anyone wants to make a last minute plans I have a suite all to myself 3 blocks from the con :)
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

Friday evening would prob work for me... I probably won't get there until very late on Thursday, since I get off work pretty late and then have a lot of driving to do to get home and then to Baltimore, etc.

If possible it would be best if something could be decided for certain before thrusday night, because my laptop just died so I can't take a computer with me to the con and check here for updates after I get there >___<
blueshinma
Kamisama - God

Post by blueshinma »

Nobody seems to be chiming in :) How about 6:30 ish Friday at the bar/lounge in the holiday in located on the corner of Lombard and Howard streets? That is only about a block from the main entrance of the convention center.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

I wish I could go to Otakon this year. The designers from the Japanese clothing brands "Baby, the Stars Shine Bright" and "Alice and the Pirates" will be there!
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

I think 6:30 should probably work for me....
syan
Senpai - Elder

Post by syan »

Friday is good for me.
blueshinma wrote:Ohhh I'm happy Midori will be there!! Note to self bring more cash!!!!
Amen to that!
Killua
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Killua »

I'm going to be having a booth at Otakon this year selling Japanese and American artwork. :) My booth's name is Benz Animation Gallery and is #OF23.

I'll be having artwork from the following American shows:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Aeon Flux
Ren & Stimpy
Doug
Rugrats
Beavis and Butthead
He-Man MOTU
The Real Ghostbusters
Sonic
My Little Pony
The Land Before Time