Otakon 2013

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
Digital

Otakon 2013

Post by Digital »

Anyone planning on going to Otakon this year?

August 9 - August 11, 2013
Baltimore Convention Center
Baltimore, Maryland, USA

I haven't been in a few years, but Yoko Kanno on Sunday is irresistible. Was wondering if anyone else planned to go.

If there is interest, I can see about bringing some of my cels with me. Some of them are up on rubberslug http://whimsical.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp, though I think some 150 or so never got scanned (not to mention 100s of sketches). So many hobbies, so little time.
genomexec
Eiyuu - Hero

Re: Otakon 2013

Post by genomexec »

I'll be there! Can't wait.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Not quite sure if anyone going is interested in getting Yoko Kanno or TMR's autograph, but if you haven't checked out the Otakon boards, you might want to. Looks like they're going to hold a lottery in order to decide who gets an autograph from each of these two artists, and both of them are only having one autograph session each. One of my friends who is going is really ticked off about Otakon's handling of these two artists.
Digital

Post by Digital »

Thanks for the heads up on the lottery for Yoko's autograph. I'll have to keep an eye out to see how that's going to work. Not even sure when the autograph session will occur, but I guess I'll make time if I can. Was mostly interested in seeing her perform versus the autograph.
AR-99
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by AR-99 »

The relevant thread on the Otakon forum is: http://board.otakon.com/index.php?showtopic=24317

If someone who is going would be open to attempting to obtain Tomkazu Seki's autograph on a shikishi board on my behalf, I can reimburse you for your time and effort plus shipping of course. Let me know.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Hi Everyone!

I will be there! How many people are going??? The last time I made the trip it was 2007!! So I am super excited! We should definitely do a get together! I can pack one cel book, with room for more cels so I will take any special requests if there are any, anyone would like to see! I look forward to seeing everyone again!

Jadeduo
:jump
Digital

Post by Digital »

Still have no idea how many people are coming, but I'm all for a meet-up time permitting. I'm going to bring two of my cel books with me, though I won't necessarily have them on me at all times. The books have a variety of cels, douga/genga, and rilezu in them from:

Azumanga Daioh, Cowboy Bebop, Kare Kano, Infinite Ryvius, Kimagure Orange Road, Scrapped Princess, Space Battleship Yamato, Mahoromatic, Ranma 1/2, Maison Ikkoku, Vampire Princess Miyu, You're Under Arrest, Mamotte Shugogetten, Ai Yori Aoshi, Someday's Dreamers, Bubblegum Crisis, Haibane Renmei, Gigantor, Bubblegum Crash, Refrain Blue, Video Girl Ai, Macross 7, Moldiver, Bubblegum Crisis 2040, Cardcaptor Sakura, Tenchi Muyo

If anyone's interested in getting together, PM me and we can arrange the when and where. Sorry, but Sunday is going to be iffy - I plan to go to the Yoko Kanno concert and don't plan on leaving the cels in the car.
shadowlight

Post by shadowlight »

I should be around. Looks like I will be free. Still not sure what I will be bringing, quite a diverse guest list.

With that said, I put my old site back up. Trying to work up the new layout and see how hard it will be to convert all the pages into a more modern modular web design. The web site is now back up at www.shadow-light.net

Marcus
KuroiTsubasa4
Kamisama - God

Otakon 2013

Post by KuroiTsubasa4 »

I'll be there but I have to travel by plane so I won't be packing any cels. Too many cosplay supplies ^_^; It would be nice to meet up with people though.
Killua
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Killua »

I'll be there with a booth, and am up for meeting up somewhere after dealer hours.