Slugfest/Beta gathering AX 2014

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Slugfest/Beta gathering AX 2014

Post by JWR »

Well it's that time of the year again.

Anime Expo in Los Angeles California will be July 3rd - July 6th this year.

We normally have this on a Friday night but due to it being the 4th this year and having been informed that many who would attend have other plans for that evening we will be having it on the Saturday night instead.

So I have arranged to have our Annual Cel Collectors gathering know as Slugfest to be held on Saturday July 5th at the Bonaventure Brewing Company located on the 4th floor #418A of the Westin Bonaventure Hotel located at 404 S. Figuroa Blvd north of the Convention center.

It's the same place as last year and will be at 7:00pm. Like last year we will be able to order off the menu and I did get a promise that they will limit it to a max of 6 people to each check.

I must give them a final total no later than Monday June 30th.

Do remember that even if you choose not to attend AX you are still welcome at this event.

Hope to see you there.

JWR 2
Kathpatty 2
Keropi 1
Kalmcelworld 2
Rallihir 4
Drakonia 2
Silvrdrago 1
Last edited by JWR on Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:23 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Re: Slugfest/Beta gathering AX 2014

Post by kathpatty »

Going this year with my son !
In my hotel too.
Sign me up for 2
A Man Who Views The World The Same At Fifty As He Did At Twenty Has Wasted Thirty Years Of His Life. - Muhammad Ali
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I'm planning on going.

I only put in to take off from work on Saturday and Sunday in case they needed me to work on the Fourth of July.

I'm not sure if I'm going to cancel my Friday night Westin Bonaventure hotel reservation. I'm going to see when the advertisement dates start at work first before making a decision. If I only stay one night at the hotel I might pass on buying a tablet also. I was thinking of buying a cheap tablet to watch videos on, but for only one night it probably wouldn't be worth it.
rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rallihir »

Joe,

I should be there. I will have three other guests with me.

Thanks as always for setting this up.
There is no such thing as too much cuteness
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

Hey Joe - I know I am one of the ones that told you that it would be better if it
was Saturday, since I have family things to do on the 4th, and all the guests come
with me to my family's house, however, I just found out that we won't be able to
come to this at all this year. I am sorry, but apparently, they have other things
planned out for the entire trip this year. >_<
JWR

Post by JWR »

Gonzai wrote:Hey Joe - I know I am one of the ones that told you that it would be better if it
was Saturday, since I have family things to do on the 4th, and all the guests come
with me to my family's house, however, I just found out that we won't be able to
come to this at all this year. I am sorry, but apparently, they have other things
planned out for the entire trip this year. >_<
No problem for life happens.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
JWR

Post by JWR »

Bump
JWR

Post by JWR »

just a reminder,

I will be calling in a total monday evening (6/30) so if you would like to attend please let me know before then.