Anyone going to AnimeNEXT this year?

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Anyone going to AnimeNEXT this year?

Post by majinuub »

Just curious as this will be the 1st time attending this con :) .
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: Anyone going to AnimeNEXT this year?

Post by sensei »

Alas, I won't be, though I was a regular at this con for quite a few years, giving panels on collecting animation art most years. But my daughter has moved south, and she is no longer part of the staff, so it's going to be too far afield this time around. It is an well-run con, with especially good panels.
KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by KinoLRB »

I attended three or four times, it's a great con, but I fell out of the anime loop for a while and haven't been in a few years.

That said, I may attend this year. Depends. Does anybody know, do any cel dealers regularly attend?
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by majinuub »

I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed myself at this con. They were very accommodating with offering free shuttles and free water in each building(I don't think I would've lasted in that heat :O ). The only 2 issues I had were the preregistered line(people who didn't buy tickets online basically had less of a line & got in early)that it was divided into 3 other hotels(good thing I'm used to walking).

It also looks like they'll be moving to Atlantic City next year.