AX cel collector gathering 2015

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Re: AX cel collector gathering 2015

Post by JWR »

spending the days in the dealer room all 4 days , most of the vendors were quite disappointed for even though there were people not much sales seemed to be made. Most blame the fact that San Diego Comic con moved up 2 weeks to this week (normally the 3rd week in July) when you take into account hotels, travel and such it is hard to make funds stretch.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

^ I think the general consensus among buyers is that they'll get a better deal online. That seems to be what I largely overheard, things like "I bet I can find this for cheaper on Amazon or E-bay". Some of the corporate sellers try to combat this idea by offering bonus items, which may not be feasible for smaller sellers. Speaking just for myself, of the three non-artwork purchases I made in the exhibit hall this year, all three were from the Viz Media booth and all three were made solely because I wanted the bonus Sailor Moon canvas bag they offered for free with every purchase.

JD, with AX crossed off my list, I plan on hitting another Midwest or Eastern convention next year. Which, I guess, means you're stuck with me :vict
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

YAY!

I don't want to jinx it but I might be game for Sakuracon next year, I have a tentative okay from the fam!

But in the meantime Otakon is in two weeks and the schedule will be out a week from today hopefully the panel will not conflict with anything! *bites nails*

JD
JWR

Post by JWR »

Jadeduo wrote:YAY!

I don't want to jinx it but I might be game for Sakuracon next year, I have a tentative okay from the fam!

But in the meantime Otakon is in two weeks and the schedule will be out a week from today hopefully the panel will not conflict with anything! *bites nails*

JD
Of course plans can always change but at this point Maria & I also plan to go to Sakuracon next year so if your there hopefully a few of us can meet up. :cheers
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

@JWR, I look forward to it! I still have to crunch some numbers though :)

JD
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

Hey JWR and JD, looks like it's about a 75% chance I'll be at Sakura as well. Haven't been in about 5 years, and it's one I enjoy. Also have a friend who moved out there, and some customers I can visit, so a lot of reasons to make the trip. Hopefully we can have some good AB representation out there. :)