Crunchyroll Expo con Santa Clara Ca Aug 25-27

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Crunchyroll Expo con Santa Clara Ca Aug 25-27

Post by JWR »

Saw an announcement for a brand new con to be put on by Crunchyroll in Santa Clara Ca , south of San Francisco & north of San Jose in case anyone might be interested.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... convention
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Re: Crunchyroll Expo con Santa Clara Ca Aug 25-27

Post by cutiebunny »

CrunchyCon :D

Depending on the guest list, I'll probably go. I'm glad to see we're getting some sort of replacement after Japan Expo USA ditched us. My only complaint is that it's only a couple days after AnimeFest, so I'll likely be pretty tapped out.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Re: Crunchyroll Expo con Santa Clara Ca Aug 25-27

Post by cutiebunny »

I received an e-mail with their attendee pricing structure today and whoa...mind blown. This con seriously thinks its Anime Expo already, in its first year.

VIP Plus badge - $350 (it came out to $388.43 with sales tax & service fee)

VIP badge - $125

3 day Attendee - $65

1 day pass - $50

The perks also remind me of AX's VIP badge in the first couple of years it was offered, such as premium goodie bag, access to dealer hall before regular attendees and discounts on Crunchyroll items. The only difference between the VIP and VIP Plus is you get to select 4 guests you'd like an autograph from, and you're guaranteed those.

I asked them if this meant that sketches would be included, assuming the requested guest is an artist and wants to draw. Still waiting on an answer from that. It would definitely be worth it for $388 if that were the case, but just for a regular autograph...definitely not.