AWA anyone?

Venturing out into the sunlight? Planning on meeting up with other cel addicts? Post convention or gathering info here.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

AWA anyone?

Post by duotrouble »

Just curious if anyone's hitting AWA this year? That's Anime Weekend Atlanta. It's a total blast. I've gone the past 4 years. Last year I had huge bags of do-dads that my hands hurt for 2 days afterwards they were so heavy. Hopefully I won't go as crazy this year but I still plan to buy plenty.
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
yeulih
Anime Geek

Post by yeulih »

Kinda late, but...

Well, I had wanted to go, since I live in Atlanta too, but the only day I could go was on Sunday, and since there is no public transportation on Sunday for Cobb Transit, I'll have to drop it (I hate driving in Atlanta).

Anyways, I would love to know how many cel dealers were there. Did you buy any cels?
Baylor
Snarky Chick

Post by Baylor »

Uh, I'm kind of late too. But I went... does that count? :P
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

I used to be a speed demon in Atlanta traffic, lol! No wonder you don't like the traffic. :D
Wish I could go but I'm now living way up north of the Mason-Dixon line. My last AWA con was around 1999 I think. In fact, it was the last con I've been too. :l I need to start saving up so I can go to one next year. Damn this cel addiction of mine!!! :bwall
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

Oh how fun! I wish I coulda gone.. I wanna go to another con so badly.. /sob
Megacon 06 and AX feels soooooooo far away... :l :l
c o l l e c t i v e
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by c o l l e c t i v e »

i'll join the party late...

Saturday was cool, but i would have enjoyed going on Sunday morning to catch any deals in the dealer's room. Surprisingly, i didn't spend nearly as much as the previous years. Then again, I spent plenty at Comic Con, and Anime Central.

Baylor, it was great to meet you. I hope I didn't scare you too much. DT, I'll try and get some tapes your way this week.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Why didn't you spend nearly as much as the previous years?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
c o l l e c t i v e
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by c o l l e c t i v e »

Cloud, you obviously have never been downloaded to Comic Con.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Is it that obvious? I think I would know if I had been downloaded to Comic Con.
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Baylor
Snarky Chick

Post by Baylor »

It was great meeting you too, collective! I may have to make this con a yearly tradition. :D

And no, you didn't come close to scaring me. It takes quite a bit to do that. DT and 30frames have met my husband... they understand.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

YUP! Understand totally! :P :)

First, WOW! This thread is from last year! *note the 2004*

Second, I spent a pretty penny. But like collective, I didn't spend as much as I thought I would. Heck, I didn't even really go cel shopping. I did buy a few little toys to add to my small collection. Yeah, I'm buying almost anything Destiny right now with Athrun being a MAJOR bonus. :wink:

Collective, I'm back Friday! :friends:
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

""? Yes? How much will you pay for it?
-I, Robot (Asimov)
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Cloud, that all depends on what you're talking about. :P

Shampoo, AX does seem so long ago, doesn't it? :o
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Oh.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

*chants something inaudibly and resurrects the thread*

I guess AB members aren't really con-goers.
The price of the two hobbies may be the reason for this (although cons alone really aren't that costly, if you can share the cost of the hotel room - it's the travel costs that are getting to me).

Well, I was at AWA in 2004 and in 2005 (where i bought my first 2 cels). I plan to be there again this year.

Who's going to be there in 2006? What do you like about AWA? What do you dislike about AWA? What are some interesting memories that you'd like to share?