Naruto 402

All the Anime that's fit to print.....in serialized novels
funshine
Senpai - Elder

Post by funshine »

while killing sakura would lead to a big fight between sasuke and naruto, i hope that doesn't happen. i am a fan of sasuke/sakura so am kinda hoping at the end they're together. just like i'm hoping at the end naruto/hinita are together.

and i definately don't want kakashi or gaara to die. but who knows what's gonna happen in the end. i sense though that at least some of the characters will die...
naturalgrace
Anime Geek

Post by naturalgrace »

I don't think Sasuke will kill Sakura. It would make him unforgivable in the eyes of most of the fan base (and quite possibly in Naruto's, too). Kishimoto has been very careful not to turn Sasuke into too much of a villain, almost certainly because he's going to be "redeemed" on one level or another before the manga ends.
Not trying to start a pairing debate here, but... :wink:
I think the most likely outcome is Naruto / Sakura, if things aren't left ambiguous in the end. Mind you, that's not the outcome I really want to see, but you can't have everything.
funshine
Senpai - Elder

Post by funshine »

what makes you think naruto/sakura is the most likely outcome?

i'd be very disappointed if that happened. :( so i really hope it doesn't...
lcatino
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by lcatino »

Didn't Yamato start implying to Sakura that she loved Naruto right when he was waking up from the fight between him (as Kyuubi) and Orochimaru? I think Naruto x Sakura will happen.
moonrabitt

Post by moonrabitt »

lol go pair fights....
I at least hope that in the end they show them grown up, maybe with kids...and not an open ending when a new villan arrives.

But if
Sasuke is going to go to destroy the village and not kill anyone, than what is the point of him attacking? At least kill someone. If he destroys the village they can rebuild...but killing someone and then the ball gets rolling....Who knows, he could even kill the Hokage...there's a twist....Do you think that the author is afraid of turning him too evil since it may upset the fans???
Which makes me wonder.....
has anyone of the main characters died??? It looks like characters are created to be killed off (Still sad at Deidara's death :l ) Would anyone be too shocked if either Sasuke or Naruto die? Maybe protecting their friends?
Last edited by moonrabitt on Fri May 30, 2008 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
funshine
Senpai - Elder

Post by funshine »

i also hope the ending has them grown up and it's not some open ended meh one.
hmm i don't recall that. could be i missed that part of the manga. don't suppose you recall the chapter?

i still hope it doesn't happen though :( that would suck. (to me anyway) :/

i dunno, i think sasuke is gonna see the error of his ways/be redeemed somehow. i think that would be a lot harder to do if he kills someone from the village, unless the person he kills is a 'hidden' villain and everyone realizes that before/after sasuke kills that person.

course i could be wrong about the redemption thing...
lcatino

Post by lcatino »

Ack! Actually, it was in the anime. :emb

Sorry - I mixed up the anime & manga content. X|
naturalgrace
Anime Geek

Post by naturalgrace »

funshine wrote:i'd be very disappointed if that happened. :( so i really hope it doesn't...
Yeah, me too.

Actually, I don't think this really needs spoiler tags, but just in case:
Since the beginning of Shippuuden, Sakura's becoming more and more amiable to Naruto's advances. Like lcatino said, Yamato's implied that Sakura's feelings for Naruto have deepened. For Kishimoto to include something like that says to me he's going to take it somewhere.

Sakura's attitudes towards Naruto have always been linked to her general maturity level. As she grows up, she's begun to value different things: substance over image, action over her previous passive role, and on-par relationships as opposed to putting people (Sasuke) on pedestals.

Bottom line, I don't think there's enough substance to her former interactions with Sasuke to produce a believable romantic relationship with him at this point, given the changes she's undergone. Unless the manga does a complete 180. And that's not even mentioning Sasuke's character, which is a whole other can of worms.

I guess it basically comes down to this: Naruto is the hero. He's also the underdog with a heart of gold that, I believe, is going to get pretty much everything he's ever wanted by the end of the manga because he's "earned it". Thematically, it just doesn't make sense for Sakura to choose Sasuke (the cold, aloof guy everyone always adored) over Naruto.
Not saying that it absolutely will happen, of course. It's just the outcome that I think is most likely if we do end up with canon pairings.
RalphVboy

Post by RalphVboy »

I'll be thoroughly dissappointed if the final pairing is not
Naruto x Hinata
:love2

- RalphVBoy
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

Actually they do refer to Yamato's comment to Sakura about her feelings for Naruto in the manga: http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/297/11/
Now......here's a twist:
What if it's like those stories where the characters like Sasuke decide they just want to die to repent for their crappy life and want their best friend/rival (Naruto) to kill them in the end. Sasuke is the creator's favorite character so I can totally see him dying at the hands of Naruto. He'd be dying the way he wanted, touching and all that crap, and Naruto would get to be the hero (sort of). Sakura who's torn over the two wouldn't end up with Naruto after seeing him kill Sasuke. She'd instead stay single and independent. Then Naruto can be with Hinata.
Sheesh......I'm winded after that. :sweatdrop
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

funshine
Senpai - Elder

Post by funshine »

oooh i see what you mean about the hint. :/

i see sakura becoming more amiable to naruto, but i would perfer it to be more of a brother/sister type love (yeah i know unlikely).

one of my fav parts was when sasuke was leaving and sakura was there and he very tenderly knocked her out. to me that made me want the sakura/sasuke pair to happen and also hinted that it was possible.

also, it would just be *wrong* if naruto ended up with sakura. he always idolized her even though she always treated him like crap (well okay not always as she has slowly started being nicer to him). from the very beginning hinita has seen naruto for more than what the others have and she has rooted for him when many others didn't. he may not know because she's so quiet/shy and he's a bit oblivious to some things. out of all the pairings i want the hinita/naruto one to happen. if sasuke/sakura didn't happen i'd be disappointed unless she got with lee (hehe-even more highly unlikely) but if naruto/hinita doesn't happen i'd be way more disappointed esp if it doesn't happen because naruto/sakura did. it would just leave a bad taste in my mouth.
Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

irmgaard wrote:
Nope, it's more: Pooor meeeee!! Poooor, pooor suffering Sasuke!!!! :l Noooooobody suffers like Meeeeeee!!!!
That's what you got from it?? 8O I completely disagree. Right or wrong, Sasuke has always seen himself as an avenger - and everything he's done up to this point has been to that end. He's hardly spent the last few years crying in his beer.

And why I put spoiler tags around this I do not know. :P
Goldknight wrote: Now......here's a twist:
What if it's like those stories where the characters like Sasuke decide they just want to die to repent for their crappy life and want their best friend/rival (Naruto) to kill them in the end. Sasuke is the creator's favorite character so I can totally see him dying at the hands of Naruto. He'd be dying the way he wanted, touching and all that crap, and Naruto would get to be the hero (sort of). Sakura who's torn over the two wouldn't end up with Naruto after seeing him kill Sasuke. She'd instead stay single and independent. Then Naruto can be with Hinata.
That would be an unexpected twist! But...is Naruto capable of willingly killing Sasuke? I wonder. Touchy-feely as it might be, if he were to do it, I think the poor guy would spend the rest of his life eaten by guilt, and wondering if he couldn't have truly saved his best friend.

/hmm I could see Kakashi killing him, though, for any number of possible reasons. The fact that their lives took divergent paths after each experienced the trauma of loss has already put them at odds. Certainly it's possible that he could do it to keep Sasuke from killing Naruto during a fight.

Personally, though, I'd definitely prefer it if Sasuke's redemption took a less violent turn. ;)
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

I agree that Sasuke shouldn't die. I think if he did though it would be an interesting twist if Naruto had to do it. I think right now there's no way that he'd do it. But maybe later to protect his village or someone else that he also loves then maybe he'd do it. I think we all know that major characters are going to die in this show. Poor Jiraiya seems to be the first if you don't count the Hokage. Not sure it would be a character as major as poor Sasuke though, but I could see Kakashi dying while at the Hokage realm at the hands of Sasuke or maybe the other way around. There's just so many possibilities. On a different note. I still can't make up my mind about those new eyes. :messed :nuts
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

Goldknight wrote:There's just so many possibilities.
Yes!
Including the possibility that he did not, in fact, swallow Madara's story hook, line and sinker.
And it's so much fun to speculate...but I'm rooting for Kishimoto to finish up with something completely unexpected. I'm going to be SO annoyed if the predictability outweighs the surprise.
On a different note. I still can't make up my mind about those new eyes. :messed :nuts
Hee! I can.
They had better be capable of some amaaaaazing feats...to distract from the fact that they look kinda goofy. :D
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

Since this is all pure speculation and fantasy on my part (as I haven't read the manga at all), I won't use spoiler quotes.

What if, Sasuke attacks the village and in the midst of it, he and Naruto have their big show down. Hinata gets in the way of Sasuke's finishing blow to protect Naruto. *** Big dramatic drawn out moment, confessing her love and all that... ***

Then Naruto goes wild and almost kills Sasuke, but holds back the final blow so that he's just on the verge of death (because Naruto is good like that). Crisis averted, Sakura gets to nurse Sasuke back to health, and he's now learned his lesson (horray for love and friendship). Sakura and Naruto end up together. Because after all that they've been through, she has realized her feelings for him and sees him in a totally different light.

The End.

^ That's the most important part. It Must END!

:D