For Furuba Fanatics!

All the Anime that's fit to print.....in serialized novels
Baylor
Snarky Chick

For Furuba Fanatics!

Post by Baylor »

I know we have several on this board, and as I have just jumped into the Furuba frenzy, I thought it would be fun to sort of copy the Weiss Kruez thread and have various discussions about this show. (Wow that was a long sentence! 8O )

I finished watching the anime not too long ago, and now thanks to DT I'm engrossed in the manga. There's a lot of things that I like about this series, but the big thing is the CHARACTERS!! I am completely enveloped in the character development, and I love everyone's interactions with each other. And of course it being filled with pretty boys is pretty darn hard to resist. :P

Come on everyone, let's get a discussion on! Let's last as long as the Weiss Kruezers or at least longer than the Bleach discussion. :D
kisara
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kisara »

Yup. I have to agree that the characters are definately make Furuba great. I've never seen another anime or manga where EVERY character was endearing in some way. And the depth to which they are developed. . . Love it. :)
"You have to keep your whits about you when you're losing your mind." - a friend

:P
Ashura
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ashura »

I love Ayame!!!! Okay, had to say it :D

Such a great anime, i wish they continued it. Does the manga go beyond the anime story?

I'm not a bad girl......

I'm just a good girl being bad for you
birdie
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by birdie »

Count me in! I just finished volume 11 and now I'm set to go back and watch the anime again. :D

Hey does anybody know where to get translations of volumes 12 and up?
there is a LOT of crying going on and I need to know what's going on!
Baylor
Snarky Chick

Post by Baylor »

Yes, Ashura, it does!

That's why the truly insane Furubarians, DT and birdie, have pushed the manga on me. And I love them for it. :D
celgami
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by celgami »

If you could transform into an animal, zodiac or not, what would it be?
birdie
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by birdie »

celgami wrote:If you could transform into an animal, zodiac or not, what would it be?
Any animal? It would have to be a bird.

But the zodiac - based on the characters - I want to be Ayame! :love:
Ashura
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ashura »

AYAME!!!! :iluvu

I want Ayame :drool :drool :drool

Thanks Baylor, I must now hunt for Furuba Mangas :run

I'm not a bad girl......

I'm just a good girl being bad for you
Baylor
Snarky Chick

Post by Baylor »

birdie wrote:But the zodiac - based on the characters - I want to be Ayame! :love:
A snake?? :D

I think I'd rather HAVE Ayame than be him... :dgrin

Any animal? Hmmmmm... either a bird of prey or a fox... something cunning and closer to the top of the food chain. As for zodiac animals, either the rabbit or the dragon (not the seahorse thingy Hatori turns into).
birdie
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by birdie »

Baylor wrote:
birdie wrote:But the zodiac - based on the characters - I want to be Ayame! :love:
A snake?? :D

I think I'd rather HAVE Ayame than be him...
Okay I have always wondered about this: Does anyone think Ayame is or could be interested in anybody other than himself? :?
vampyreshoujo
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by vampyreshoujo »

A Furuba discussion thread! Yay!! :yay :bny

I've watched all of the anime and am currently reading the manga. I love the anime but prefer the manga since it goes into so much more detail and, y'know, is still on-going.

If I were to pick any animal from the zodiac to be... /hmm Probably the tiger. :D
Hey does anybody know where to get translations of volumes 12 and up?
Shadow used to be doing text translations, but, sadly, jerks kept abusing her hard work so now she only does chapter summaries. I suppose that's better than nothing though. However, she only has summaries for vol 18 chap 104 to vol 19 chap 113 up. http://shadow.randomfandom.com/

Is anyone else keeping up with the Japanese chapters?
Last edited by vampyreshoujo on Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lynxa
Yosutebito - Hermit
Location: The Post Katrina Big Easy, Not quite as big but still just as easy.

Post by Lynxa »

EEEEE!!! Thanks to Zerospace ( /kis ) my laptop is up and running and I was able to finish furuba last night!!!! It was SO GOOD!!!! :love: I wish they'd keep it going though (especially since three of the meager 26 episodes were wasted on that stupid fan club :x ). Now I HAVE to read the manga (anyone want to share on where to buy/dl it? :P )

About the last few episodes though, I just have to say:
COULDN"T THEY HAVE DESIGNED A BETTER "TRUE FORM" FOR KYO????? I mean, come ON!!!! He looked like a giant lizard or something!!!! Why would the CAT look like that?????? Jeez. I think they could have come up with something better that was still freaky enough to send Tohru off the deep end. :x
Chzbrgr of Doom Better than the show at this point.
Baylor
Snarky Chick

Post by Baylor »

birdie wrote:Okay I have always wondered about this: Does anyone think Ayame is or could be interested in anybody other than himself? :?
I think that Ayame could be. Or maybe that's my wishful thinking.

Thanks for the info, vampy! I do know that at least one scanlation site is still scanlating the manga, but they only host their releases on IRC. I'm still learning how to download off of that monster. Sheesh, it shouldn't be so hard for me.

And yes, lynxa, I was wondering the same thing! Why of all things did it have to be THAT for Kyo's true form? Maybe the manga touches on it a little...
Hakiri
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Hakiri »

Wahhhhhh! Furuba thread!!!

My favourite character is definitely Hatsuharu. Yum. :love2 Hm... an animal of the zodiac to transform into? I would say the seahorse, though it's not meant to be a seahorse, lol, but seahorses are so cute, 'specially when hatori transforms into one. ^_~
Waii~!

It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin x)
vampyreshoujo
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by vampyreshoujo »

Lynxa wrote:
COULDN"T THEY HAVE DESIGNED A BETTER "TRUE FORM" FOR KYO????? I mean, come ON!!!!
That's the form the creator, Natsuki Takaya, designed for him and used in the manga. ^^;;
The manga can be bought at your local comic book or book store.