The Wallflower

All the Anime that's fit to print.....in serialized novels
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

The Wallflower

Post by klet »

Okay, I'll admit that I saw the new board and I wanted to be the first one to post in it, but I also wanted to see if anyone else has read this.

My roommate bought the first three volumes, and I'm torn as to whether I like it or not.

When she got home from Border's and started reading it, she called over to me, saying, "You know, I didn't read the back cover. All of the boys are only 15."

To which I replied that all anime/manga characters are 15. :P Well, there are exceptions, but not many.

But, can anyone guess why she picked out the manga without reading the back cover? Take a look:

http://www.randomhouse.com/delrey/catal ... 0345479129

The boys are a little too girly for my tastes, but I'm probably one of the few females on this board who feel that way. :sweatdrop

Anyone else read it? What do you think?
Last edited by klet on Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Post by kymaera »

Sunako is a riot. Very easy to identify with her if you've ever had any
antisocial tendencies.
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

I had a hard time with her b/c of the whole gothic thing. Can you really see me sitting in the dark watching horror flicks? :messed

Buuuut, if you just look at the anti-social aspect, I think I might have to start calling all of the bleached-blond, skimpy-clothes-wearing, half-drunk girls around my uni "creatures of the light." :D

But I don't plan on ever falling in love with one of them. :P
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

That pic on the cover is a GUY??
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

Yep. You can see why see picked it up. :D
Serendipity_Collections
Shinigami - Moderator
Shinigami - Moderator

Post by Serendipity_Collections »

Actually I was turned off by the art from the start but the story got me hooked once I got past it. The way she tells the story with the art is priceless. And the Story... well lets just say I laughed my butt off over it.

If you can get past the art Goth/Girlie looking aspect of it you will find it truly is hysterical.

Jelenity~
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

'Wallflower' is my #1 manga right now, right behind 'Dolls' and 'Alichino.' I adore the story!! It's definately of different flavor from what I've read thus far. The art is different, but in a good way and I really like how Tomoko Hayakawa draws their eyes.

#6 needs to hurry up and be published! 8O
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

How do you like 'Wallflower'?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
litl_x
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by litl_x »

I love Sunako, especially the way she is always kicking everybody's a**. LOL I can't get enough of it. She rocks

:flasher: <--------------------------------

------hehehhe this is just soooo funny I just had to post it