Deathnote

All the Anime that's fit to print.....in serialized novels
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Here is a joke: A horse walks in to a bar and the bartender says, "Why the long face? "
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Masako
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Masako »

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but there will be two movies based on the series.

Here's the official site, though there really isn't much there at the moment. Supposedly scheduled for release in June this year... there's already been a short trailer and behind the scenes photos. (Sorry, haven't seen any of Raito or L yet, shucks.)[/url]
Wendy
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Wendy »

^ I thought Misa was blond? :D

Anyway, I love Death Note!

And of course, me being the freak that I am; I love L!

I can't really think of anything else to say that hasn't been already said, but indeed this manga is refreshing in a way that it has, like Pomidor said, nothing to do with fighting, and everything to do with the two sides constantly trying to outsmart each other.

Very well thought through and interesting concept.

If you found a Death Note..how would you use it?

Masako wrote:(Sorry, haven't seen any of Raito yet
But he's the boy in the trailer right?
vampyreshoujo
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by vampyreshoujo »

Longer trailer... just thought some of you might be interested in seeing it... :wink:

http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbol/jp/death ... ailer2.swf
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

Thanks...I saw I different trailer that was very short and focused on an apple....such a huge part of the storyline X|

I want to see the movie....I hope someone will fansub it and put out where we can get it at some point in time. Since it's WB I wonder if there is any chance they will release it in the US.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
Masako
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Masako »

AHHH L is so L. :o
The thumb thing! The thuuumb!!! :D
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Je vais me renseigner
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

I thoroughly, thoroughly love this thing. And so do the kids! I told them it would be a little hard to follow some times, but so far they haven't encountered a lot of difficulty.

I'm with you Uende, per usual... L is simply in a class by himself. Even when he's playing tennis he's different!

And Ryuk...
ok, I seem to have a fascination for bizarre things.

Related stupid Kay brain-fart story: I was fully involved with volume 4 and marvelling over it one night awhile ago. Showed one of the shots of Ryuk and company to the Spousal Unit and said "Check out THESE Shinsengumi!" X|

And the LOOK I got from the spouse! ("Are you sure you're ok?")

... I do have a meagre attempt at an explanation for that slip, as I had just gotten my book on the Shinsengumi in the mail. ...

But still! X|
"The permanent temptation of life is to confuse dreams with reality. The permanent defeat of life comes when dreams are surrendered to reality."
James A. Michener, The Drifters