Deathnote

All the Anime that's fit to print.....in serialized novels
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Deathnote

Post by animeobsessed »

Is anyone here reading Deathnote? I'm hooked! I'm reading volume 5 on the Spectrum Nexus site....volume 1 & 2 are available in bookstores.

Any comments?
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

Only that I must get to the bookstore, soon...

Saw the little teaser in Shonen Jump and thoroughly loved it! :)
Ashura
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ashura »

I'm at chapter 80. It's crazy good :love:

Though there were some parts in the 70's that I waned on, but it's back on track :wink:

I'm not a bad girl......

I'm just a good girl being bad for you
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... I should read........
Cats rule!
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Post by kymaera »

I've read the two translated volumes that have been released and plan to
pick up more. It's definitely an interesting idea.
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

Well, I'm got to chapter 40 last night.

Ashura, is great to hear from someone who has read that far.

My daughter was the one who got me started on it. She loves Raito. I'm still not sure about him, but my opinion is changing I think. L is such a strange person...but very intriguing.
(")_(")domination.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

How many children do you have?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

I have 2 girls, you silly bot.
(")_(")domination.
Pomidor
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pomidor »

I am addicted to apples... give me my apples!!! o_O

I read the first arc ie Light vs M, a while ago (three months or so) and am waiting for the second circle to progress a bit futher before I start reading (yes... Im one fo those people that reads for 6 hours straight rather than a bit each week)

Anyway Death Note is one of the better mangas I have read in a while, especialy since it does not have to do with fighting... or shooting.... or highschool romance... or samurai.. which is all that seems to be printed at the moment. I was especially pleased with it as it is a really *really* well made "detective" themed manga... where the good and evil try to outwit each other. Apart from the "death note" aspect (the rules of which are very clearly explained in the begging and the author sticks to them and does not add or alter them) everything in the story is quite realistic and you can tell the author really though the whole plot through (no totaly irrational solutions to "puzzles" or any other plot short-cuts). And as a very nice added bonus the protagonist is actually the bad guy... and... well no spoilers but it is very satifying and has no pg crap endings.

The latest chapter out is 89. The scalations of the first arc are very good quality (or at least one group did them in very good quality).. unfortunately the second arc scans are all taken from weekly magazines as opposed to actual manga and the image quality suffers greatly because of that. It also one of the reasons I am waiting before getting into the second arc, once the manga scans become available a new will most likely be done.

All in all this manga is a must read and is so good it should really be collected not just read (in other words go and buy it!). And as always: "Scalations are free!!! They are done on the same basis as fansubs: by fans for fans. Dont be suckered into paying for them, and if you see anyone selling or auctioning them kick them in the groin until they go deaf!"

SmacznyPomidor

N.B. if anyone has trouble finding or locating scalations I recomend StopTazmo.. its free and decent and hassle free is you are just looking to have a read rather than collect or get involved with scalations. And if you still have trouble pm me... (im feeling very helpful today ^_^)
Last edited by Pomidor on Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Do you think I could ever be a very nice added bonus the protagonist is actually the bad guy?
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Pomidor
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pomidor »

You are always a very nice added bonus Cloud. Im sure everyone would second that. :P

SmacznyPomidor
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

What makes you so certain? Everyone runs.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Pomidor
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pomidor »

Not everyone runs Cloud, its very unsightly of a gentleman, therefore we only walk briskly. And what makes me so certain is that you are simply adored by everyone here with that special adoration reserved for things that are not alive but not really dead either (like a tesco sausage).

SmacznyPomidor
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

God, or Nature, perhaps?
-I, Robot (Asimov)
hobbywhelmed
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by hobbywhelmed »

#4 just came out!

I don't know why the bookstores have had #5 in Japanese on the shelves. I wonder what they're going to do with that stock when the #5 translated version comes out.

I picked this up originally, because I heard it was drawn by the artist who did the Hikaru no Go series, and wasn't disappointed. The shingami are wild and yet - personable? - yeah, that's it. And the people are done so well.

Well, L is a little odd - he's almost a bridge between humans and shinigami!

Love the intricate plot. It reminds me of the old "you know that I know that you know that I know" sort of progression.