Good places to buy manga?

All the Anime that's fit to print.....in serialized novels
purple-plum
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by purple-plum »

We offer discounts on manga, and we stock yaoi and other manga that a lot of others dont.

http://purple-plum.com/

~Katie
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

kymaera wrote:The first two volumes are out. The third is supposed to be released June 26.
I'll go order those. I've noticed there's Gunparade March, Boy's Be and Happy Lesson mangas also. But I doubt I'll ever order those.

Checking out those websites there seems to be a lot more shoujo/josei manga than I've seen in bookstores. But I guess it makes sense the regular bookstores would be selling more generalist stuff and genres. That goes for the shounen/seinen genres too.
kymaera wrote:Btw, in case you don't have the Tsukihime DVD's yet, Deep Discount DVD ishaving a nice Geneon sale right now, so you can get it for about half off:
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=PIO012622
Thanks, but there are so few shows that I ever rewatch any more. This goes for live action TV shows and movies as well. I've bought a number of DVDs that I never watched at all. They're just sitting on the shelf. I bought the Suika R2 DVD omake set, Campus, Memories, Witch Hunter Robin volume and never watched them. My "ONE ~ True Stories" is still unopened. I feel bad, but maybe some year I'll actually watch those DVDs.
kymaera wrote:Oh..and we need to get you started on figures as well. There are a ton of Fate Stay Night ones coming out since the series is airing :D
I've liked those Fate/stay night figures since I seen them back before May-June 2005 on Yahoo Japan. They are quite nice. Those dark Saber figures look kind of spooky and nasty (but not as nasty as that dark Escalayer figure 8O ). Have they ever produced a dark Sakura figure? I don't recall ever seeing one. :D
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Post by kymaera »

Keropi wrote: I'll go order those. I've noticed there's Gunparade March, Boy's Be and Happy Lesson mangas also. But I doubt I'll ever order those.

Checking out those websites there seems to be a lot more shoujo/josei manga than I've seen in bookstores. But I guess it makes sense the regular bookstores would be selling more generalist stuff and genres. That goes for the shounen/seinen genres too.
Gunparade March and Happy Lesson were licensed by ADV manga which has
pretty much died off. You don't see much of them. I'm not about about
Gunparade, but Happy Lesson only had the first volume released and I
doubt it'll ever see another.

Bookstores tend to focus on Tokyopop and VIZ titles for the most part
since those are the two big companies. Other companies have less to
no presence (for example drmaster which has Tsukihime can be very
hard to find).
Keropi wrote: Have they ever produced a dark Sakura figure? I don't recall ever seeing one. :D
Not that I recall, but I'll keep a look out. Most of the figures focus on
Saber or Rin. This is the only full-size Sakura figure that I recall
being released lately. You should enjoy it :D
Bishy-Freak
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Where I Buy My Manga

Post by Bishy-Freak »

I find my manga at Waldenbooks I think thay have a large selection and you also have the Boarders Reward Program where if you sign up you get coupons by email which you will get a discount on your purchase. Sometimes they even run a buy 3 get the fourth free on Manga.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

kymaera wrote:Gunparade March and Happy Lesson were licensed by ADV manga which has pretty much died off. You don't see much of them. I'm not about about Gunparade, but Happy Lesson only had the first volume released and I doubt it'll ever see another.
How often do manga titles stop coming out all of a sudden like that?

I got tired waiting for Tsukihime volume 3 selection to show up at Just Manga so I ordered Tsukihime vol 1-3 and To Heart vol 2-3 from Right Stuf on July 7th. But Tsukihime vol. 2-3 and To Heart vol. 2 were placed on backorder so I'm still waiting for those. :(
kymaera wrote:
Keropi wrote: Have they ever produced a dark Sakura figure? I don't recall ever seeing one. :D
Not that I recall, but I'll keep a look out. Most of the figures focus on
Saber or Rin. This is the only full-size Sakura figure that I recall
being released lately. You should enjoy it :D
Actually, I'm one of those weird people that usually prefer their anime/game female characters wearing things other than swimsuits. :D

It's a nice figure though.
litl_x
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by litl_x »

Bishy-Freak
[quote]I find my manga at Waldenbooks I think thay have a large selection and you also have the Boarders Reward Program where if you sign up you get coupons by email which you will get a discount on your purchase. Sometimes they even run a buy 3 get the fourth free on Manga

I also get a lot of manga from borders/waldenbooks. If they don't have it stock, they will ship it directly to your home also.

Also justmanga.com is an awesome place to go, their manga is always discounted and they also have the "555 Club"

:)
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Post by kymaera »

Keropi wrote: Actually, I'm one of those weird people that usually prefer their anime/game female characters wearing things other than swimsuits. :D
Something more like this?
Grico
Kamisama - God

Post by Grico »

Hi, well it feels like a shameless plug, but I do sell used manga at my website:

http://www.animecelsforsale.com/

Almost all used manga is 4.00 each, so it is generally a good 60% off new retail prices. And everything is 20% regular price now for my grand opening.

Gordon
Last edited by Grico on Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Hi there Grico. How about that. D [quote]

The Tsukihime manga feels like a shameless plug but he or she do sell used manga at his or her website

httpwww dotanimecelsforsaledot com

Almost all used manga is 4point 00 each so it is generally a good 60% off new retail prices? What else feels like that?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Post by kymaera »

FYI...there's a sale on VIZ manga from today through Aug 13 at RightStuf.
33% off (include pre-orders) with free domestic shipping at $49 and 10%
more off if you're a member of their Got Anime? club.

(geez..I'm beginning to feel like they should be giving me kickbacks)
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

Rightstuf also has a normal 25% off discount on a lot of manga. So most are $7.50 everyday.
I know that it depends on the publisher, but I think that all the major publishers are discounted at RightStuf.
Of course the sales make it even nicer by bringing them down to $6.67 (didn't want to type the extra 6)
Plus if you have the Got Anime? membership you'll get an extra 10% off making each manga only $6.

(see post in For Sale section for my little speech about how great RightStuf is)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

kymaera wrote:Something more like this?
That's pretty cool. And she's wearing white too. :l

It's weird to see her with that thing on her arm and smiling. 8O I guess if the scene is from "Fate/hollow ataraxia" that would explain things. What's up with her facial expression? You can use either facial expression or are there two different versions of the figure?

Someone told me that the reason the Tsukihime manga works so well for fans of the game is because Type-Moon decided to do the manga themselves instead of relying on someone else.
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Post by kymaera »

kymaera wrote: Something more like this?
Or this?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

kymaera wrote: Or this?
Woh...nice one. So demure. :D

It's a 1/6 sized figure? How many 1/6 size or larger sized figures do you own Kymaera?

If Sakura is 5 feet 1 1/2 inches tall, the figure would be 10 1/4 inches tall. 8O Does that bottom round thing come with it? :P

Maybe I'll have extra money by the time November rolls around. :hurt:
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Post by kymaera »

Keropi wrote: It's a 1/6 sized figure? How many 1/6 size or larger sized figures do you own Kymaera?
Dunno...too much trouble to figure out.
Keropi wrote: Does that bottom round thing come with it? :P
Usually bases come with the figures. Though they are generally much
simpler than the ones shown in the prototypes. I would expect a simple
plastic base rather than the wooden one shown.