I Want to Make My own Manga!

All the Anime that's fit to print.....in serialized novels
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

I'm Just So Happy!

But before I get started! I have Just a few questions!

What Size paper should I use so that it's good enough quality!

Also about how many thousand those one comic book cost to produce!

And how much does a Graphic Novel cost to make?
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

I used to write manga for doujinshi and you need really big side papers (I do not remember....) but there are special papers for manga which can be bought at a Japanese art store. So maybe you might look for some store which they might have.... Also you need to have:

-screen tones.
-pens which many different points
-cutters for screen tones.

I think at least you need above.....
Cats rule!
KT
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by KT »

I make manga with regular paper and a pencil :P Havent done it in a long time though ^^;;
sugarcels
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by sugarcels »

Printing your comic isn't as expensive as you think it would be! If you go to sites like lulu.com (my personal favorite) you can upload your pages and for a very affordable price they will create professional bound books or comics for you. Or, if you're not up to using the internet, go to your local printing store, like Kinkos, and see what they could do for you :)

When I was a preteen I used to create my own little comics. What I would do is take 2 sheets of paper (printer paper), glue them together, then fold them in half. I would make a couple of these before I would take a pencil and ruler and draw out little squares before drawing out my story. Make a cover, color everything in (I used crayons, markers and pens) and viola! You have a comic :)
Penguinton
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Penguinton »

For paper the size should be around 11x17 inches. The large size is good if you reduce the image down to normal comic book size. Then your art looks more detailed and cleaner. You can always buy actually comic paper at art stores like Utrect.