Interesting turn in the manga *heavy spoilers*

All the Anime that's fit to print.....in serialized novels
Baylor
Snarky Chick

Interesting turn in the manga *heavy spoilers*

Post by Baylor »

This is so big (to me) that I had to post about it.

Sessy's MOM has shown up!!! I'm dying to know what this is going to mean for the future plot. A lot of things have happened in the recent chapters, but this appearance threw me for a loop.

Good-bye to Kikyo (for good)
Good-bye to Kouga (for now, I think)
Helloooo SESSMOM!!!
birdie
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by birdie »

:OMG That was totally unexpected! What's even weirder is Sesshoumaru is ASKING SOMEBODY FOR HELP??!!! All I can hear is that whiney kid's voice saying "Mom, can you help me with this....?" Now I'm trying to imagine it coming out of Sesshoumaru's mouth.... :wow:

And I think that this was the big goodbye for Kouga. /sob Rather sudden, but considering Kikyou has just returned to dust I guess that was the most they could muster. :roll: I was kind of hoping he would stick around, I liked Kouga's interaction with Inuyasha.
Baylor
Snarky Chick

Post by Baylor »

But Kouga isn't dead... so there's always a chance that he'll be back. And even if he doesn't come back, I'm happy he didn't die.

I'll miss his jibes at Inuyasha.
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

Okay, girlies. I'm just curious... how many manga issues are there to tell the whole Inuyasha story?? And how many years have you been reading them to get it all?? There are a bazillion and one tv episodes, so I'm assuming that there are just about as many books. Our public library has a random smattering of them... and they take up half a shelf just with the ones they have! :)

(And you know what's funny... I have only seen a handful of IY episodes, and even I'M glad that Kouga isn't dead! :D)
bulma_gt
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by bulma_gt »

8O

oohhh I wanna read the manga 8O :cry:
birdie
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by birdie »

shellie wrote:Okay, girlies. I'm just curious... how many manga issues are there to tell the whole Inuyasha story?? And how many years have you been reading them to get it all??
I started reading the manga around 2001, when I bought Japanese vols 1 - 25. I found a site that had everything, sound effects and all translated and have been keeping up ever since. The current story line will be in volume 47, I bought vol 45 two weeks ago, but rumor has it Takahashi wants to take it to 50. I'm not sure what volume is out in English.
Last edited by birdie on Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

Which chapter is Sesshy's mom in? I haven't read the manga since the Anime ended. Heck, I don't even know what chapter that was. LOL I am so out of it!
Baylor
Snarky Chick

Post by Baylor »

Shellie, I've been reading the manga since 2002, when the first English volume came out. Four years later, and I bought Vol. 25 that came out last month. And that's just the English... it has sooooooo far to go to catch up to the Japanese. I'll be buying the volumes for the next ten years. X|

Jeannie, Sessy's Mom is in Chapter 466, which came out today in Japan (or really, last night). But hey, Takahashi-sensei wanted to get to chapter 500, so she's getting close! The way she's killing off major characters, it looks like th end is FINALLY in sight.

I don't think I can put up with another year of sword upgrades.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Since I'm a few chapters behind . . . what about Miroku?

And I would love to SEE Sesshomaru's mom.
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Baylor
Snarky Chick

Post by Baylor »

No change in Miroku. Still can't use his kazanaa... he's feeling guilty that he could have saved Kikyo if he used it and sacrificed his life. I hate to say it, but I think he'll be next... even before Kohaku.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

<-- is sad for Miroku :l

I'm happy he didn't sacrifice himself for a dead woman. :)
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
bulma_gt
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by bulma_gt »

does any of you know if I can find scans of the manga online? Ive searched but have not been lucky.
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by majinuub »

Ok, I haven't watched the anime or read the manga but I'm kinda sad that Kikyo's gone. From what I have seen, I liked her and was kinda hoping Inu & her would get together. You now have me curious to what Sessy's mom looks like.
irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Post by irmgaard »

majinuub wrote:Ok, I haven't watched the anime or read the manga but I'm kinda sad that Kikyo's gone. From what I have seen, I liked her and was kinda hoping Inu & her would get together.
Well that might have worked when she was alive, but the Kikyo that just passed was an animated doll with a piece of the soul of her reincarnate, Kagome. As Sesshoumaru said to Jaken in the first movie; " That woman is already dead."

Still, it was a beautiful and moving scene... just lovely...

I do hope Miroku will survive though..... 8O
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

No kidding *sniff*... no Miroku? that would be too sad for words!

well tell me, since I am looking at a nice framed print of Inuyasha right at the moment... are he and Kagome still playing the "I really don't want to tell you I love you" game after all these years??