Manga requests

All the Anime that's fit to print.....in serialized novels
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Manga requests

Post by JWR »

Next Friday I was invited to focus group being held here in Los Angeles by the people at Del Rey Manga.

Del Rey is currntly publishing Tsubasa & XXXholic , Negima , Basilisk and others.

This is part of their market research for potentialy bringing more titles to the USA (though some may think we have a glut right now.)

So are there any titles in Japan or not licenced and being fan scanlations right now that you would like to see licened and brought over here.

So I can talk intellegently to them with any requests please let me know the title , author and the company that published it in Japan. Also I could use a short synopsis in case they have not heard of the book.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
birdie
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by birdie »

I would love to see "Bokura Ga Ita" by Yuuki Obata translated. I've become obsessed with the anime, but some insist the manga is darker with deeper character developement. A nice shoujo romance that reminds me a lot of Kare Kano.
hobbywhelmed
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by hobbywhelmed »

Well, I'm always promoting an oldie, Patarilo! (also Patariro, Patarillo and even Pataliro!). Especially for Del Rey. I've enjoyed the quality values of their productions so far. The info is:

* Original title ; Patariro!
* Cartoon & Story ; MAYA Mineo
* Publisher; Hakusensha
* Magazined; Hana to Yume[Flower and Dream], 1979~
* Presently at 70 volumes (and a set of further condensed-into-fewer-volumes is also available. Made into a series, recently released on DVDs in Japan. Two (expensive!) boxsets available at this point.
* Korean version; Daiwon Publishing Co.(only up to 9th volume)

This series has slapstick comedy, parody, mystery, bishonen galore (shonen-ai, no hard yaoi visible, although the bishies all fall for each other!). For a really detailed description of the plot and characters, with pics, you can check: http://www.aestheticism.com/visitors/manga/patarillo/

And you can see some of the anime artwork in my gallery. The artwork is both comic and elegant. I can scan some manga samples, if interested, but here's some images (can't figure out how to get them to just display here. I'm doing something wrong....)

http://byce.rubberslug.com/gallery/img_ ... 8308&Pass=

http://byce.rubberslug.com/gallery/img_ ... 8565&Pass=
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by kira »

you have me interested in that one, hobby.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

What makes you think I have me interested in that one hobby?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

hobbywhelmed wrote:Well, I'm always promoting an oldie, Patarilo! (also Patariro, Patarillo and even Pataliro!). Especially for Del Rey. I've enjoyed the quality values of their productions so far. The info is:
Nice!!!! I looooooooooooooooooooooooove patariro!!!! :wave: That is great series!!! :D

Also I would like to see Gallary Fake as well....... :)
Cats rule!
JWR

Post by JWR »

Maria & I had a nice time at the forum last night.

I did pass on the recomidations.

There were 9 partisapants with 2 from Del Rey in a good give & take. We are not allowed to get into details but I can say that the people at Del Rey are trying hard to do things right and avoid the bad will that some of the other competitors have hurt themselves with. Their hope is to build a rep that will allow one to be willing to pickup a new Del Rey title in the store and be willing to look through it thus giving it a chance. They don't expect people to run out and buy it just cause Del Rey put it out for they understand it's about the story , art & author.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Grumgrumgrum... Personally..... I'd almost rather some stuff stay in Japan. ^^;; It's a major disappointment when one of your favorite series is brought over and translated like a first-year Japanese student would translate... Grrrrr, sorry...

But besides that... Del Rey sounds familiar. I haven't read any American books in FOREVER, but...seems to me I used to read some fantasy/sci-fi books of theirs... Couldn't tell you what those were but...heh

I'm so helpful today, aren't I? ^_^;;;;;
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by kira »

rekka. del ray has translated xxxholic and tsubasa.

true i havent picked up there stuff either but i know those are two of the titles that they've tanslated.