Poor Sasuke

All the Anime that's fit to print.....in serialized novels
Goldknight
RULER

Poor Sasuke

Post by Goldknight »

I'm thoroughtly grossed out eventhough they didn't "show" anything. Just the thought and yell creeped me out. So.....
Did he really lose his eyes? 8O
Last edited by Goldknight on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Post by irmgaard »

No Way!
And they cut away to a different panel....Who really screamed /?:
mightymask
Senpai - Elder

Post by mightymask »

irmgaard wrote:No Way!
And they cut away to a different panel....Who really screamed /?:
I thought about that as well but I came to the conclusion is it has to be Sasuke. Firstly because if it were Itachi, this scene does not work when converted to the anime since you hear the character's voice. Secondly - All I have to say is this would make sense for Sasuke to lose the eye. Ever since he's chosen the path of vengeance and going against what people have warned him since before Valley of the End, he's pretty much had it his way with nothing befalling him. He even cheated Oro, retained the curse seal, and got his final confrontation. For that part of the story to work, he has to lose something. Every week here has been a cliffhanger. It's been crazy.
funshine
Senpai - Elder

Post by funshine »

i agree he has to lose something.

though it would be nice if itachi gave him his eye in exchange. lol. wonder why the clan never did that and instead just killed one of the brothers. seems kinga wasteful (and very evil)
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

If you recall a few chapters ago they were really standing there not moving. Don't need a spoiler for this :wink:
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

So as much as I love Sasuke, I have to agree that
he needed to have something go wrong for him. He's won too many times. Sure, Itachi knocked the snot out of him a while back ago but that was close to 3 years ago now in Naruto time. Maybe he'll get a cool looking glass eye. :wink:
But seriously, what I want to know is
does Itachi truly hate Sasuke? Was Itachi truly faking being the "perfect" older brother and never truly cared for him? If so, then why did Itachi apologize to Sasuke as he removed his eye?
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

Hi Guys!

I'm not reading any of the Naruto manga, but I am reading your discussions every now and then.

Did Itachi spare Sasuke knowing that he would need him later, when he destroyed the clan?
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

Glorff that thought totally crossed my mind. In fact I texted my godson and asked him if it really did happen or if it was genjutsu.
Somehow I picture a genjutsu by Sasuke, but then again I totally agree that he should lose something. I remember Kakashi lecturing him on revenge and how it'll destroy him. That'll have to come into play somehow.
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest

irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Post by irmgaard »

duotrouble wrote:But seriously, what I want to know is
does Itachi truly hate Sasuke? Was Itachi truly faking being the "perfect" older brother and never truly cared for him? If so, then why did Itachi apologize to Sasuke as he removed his eye?
Oh, you know there has to be more to it, Duo! /ok

Remember the last time he asked Sasuke to forgive him, way back in chapter 223….The day before…..

http://img30.onemanga.com/mangas/000000 ... 223/18.jpg

(I sure hope this link works for you, Duo! :wink: )

After Itachi teases Sausuke, in the middle of the page, his expression suddenly changes to one of such sadness and regret. I have often wondered just what that meant, and had thought it might have been wistfulness over the fact that this ordinary life was coming to an end (with him as the agent of change 8O ).
But now, I wonder if /hmm , coupled with the talk he gives Sasuke about they’re being very special brothers, it couldn’t be sorrow over not being able to be a normal big brother. That he might have wished for a little brother…. over a “spare”…
And there, on the very next page:

http://img30.onemanga.com/mangas/000000 ... 223/19.jpg

the cracked crest of the Uchihas....into which Itachi had thrown a kunai, after saying he was carrying out his "duty" 8O !
http://img30.onemanga.com/mangas/000000 ... 222/13.jpg
http://img30.onemanga.com/mangas/000000 ... 222/14.jpg
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

irmgaard wrote:(I sure hope this link works for you, Duo! :wink: )
Yes, all the links worked perfectly. Thank you! /no1

Yeah, I remember all that. It's starting to come all together in my brain now. :^^: Of course, the author may throw a monkey wrench in there but maybe
that's when Itachi found out about his "curse". He was forced to follow his Uchiha hertitage and stop being a regular brother with Sasuke. That's why he started being all cold and distant to Sasuke. Itachi was mad too so he took it out on their father, who might have thought he was having second thoughts about using Sasuke for parts. And Itachi could have killed them entire clan so they wouldn't ever be able to put any brother through this ever again. :wink:
YAY! :yay I love it when things start coming together! :yay I just hadn't thought that far back yet.
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Post by irmgaard »

duotrouble wrote:Yes, all the links worked perfectly. Thank you! /no1
You’re very welcome! :bow2:
duotrouble wrote:
that's when Itachi found out about his "curse". He was forced to follow his Uchiha hertitage and stop being a regular brother with Sasuke. That's why he started being all cold and distant to Sasuke. Itachi was mad too so he took it out on their father, who might have thought he was having second thoughts about using Sasuke for parts.
Sounds plausible to me /ok ; Itachi seems to be very resentful of what Uchiha clan traditions require of him.

But…
He’s doing them, all the same! :OMG
Why?
Is Madara so powerful? So insistent? Itachi said Madara was a shell of his former self. And if Itachi needs more power to effect the necessary changes to this dreadful clan, why not ally with Sasuke now that he has driven him to become more powerful?
Does he see Sasuke as still too weak?
Or himself as beyond redemption?
There is sooooo much I don’t understand… /hmm

But it's fun to think about it :D , and theorize with others :friends: !
Majin_Vegeta_2028
Senpai - Elder

Post by Majin_Vegeta_2028 »

irmgaard wrote:Why?
Is Madara so powerful? So insistent? Itachi said Madara was a shell of his former self. And if Itachi needs more power to effect the necessary changes to this dreadful clan, why not ally with Sasuke now that he has driven him to become more powerful?
i think its because itachi has already started to go blind. and if thats the
case, then theory of sasuke trading eyes wouldnt work cuz then sasuke
would be blind :?

my big question is, what if he only takes one?

"He has stolen my honor, and his debts must be paid!"
- Majin Vegeta

"... I'm going to verify my exsistence.."
- Gaara

"Beneath the courageous, there is nothing."
- Kakashi
irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Post by irmgaard »

Majin_Vegeta_2028 wrote: i think its because itachi has already started to go blind. and if thats the
case, then theory of sasuke trading eyes wouldnt work cuz then sasuke
would be blind :?
No, no. That’s not the problem
Sasuke hasn’t gotten the Mangekyou yet, or his vision would be going, too.
http://img30.onemanga.com/mangas/000000 ... 387/01.jpg

But with the original brothers, they both had it:
http://img30.onemanga.com/mangas/000000 ... 386/06.jpg

And "all who obtain" it seal their “own eyes" away:
http://img30.onemanga.com/mangas/000000 ... 386/07.jpg
so both would be losing their sight, even if Madara’s sight loss was worse (or perhaps only his despair was greater, Itachi doesn’t say)

Itachi specifically states
that the younger brother’s eyes found an “inextinguishable light” (as well as leading to a new eye technique) BY CHANGING HOSTS!
http://img30.onemanga.com/mangas/000000 ... 386/09.jpg

The inference is that the eyes are only failing the original owner. He's even more clearly indicating, when Itachi says that he and Sasuke are “each other’s spare” ,
that Itachi’s own eyes would continue to work
http://img30.onemanga.com/mangas/000000 ... 386/15.jpg

…but only for Sasuke! /ok

Majin_Vegeta_2028 wrote:my big question is, what if he only takes one?
I have a feeling Itachi isn't only looking to restore his sight, but for the power of the prevously mentioned "new eye technique". It may well need both eyes. :wink:
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

What I wonder is....
How can Kakashi use Mangekyou? His looks different than Itachi's and I realize he hasn't killed his brother and isn't an Uchiha, but how is he able to use the technique he used against Diedara? Maybe Sasuke has figured out how to use the same technique and therefore can be on Itachi's level since he's going blind???? I know....I'm grasping here. :roll:

irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Post by irmgaard »

Goldknight wrote:What I wonder is....
How can Kakashi use Mangekyou? His looks different than Itachi's and I realize he hasn't killed his brother and isn't an Uchiha, but how is he able to use the technique he used against Diedara?
Well, to get the Mangekyou
you only :roll have to kill your best friend! And Kakashi may well have felt he did that when he left Obito to die!
and as for keeping his vision
He hasn't killed his brother, but the eye definitely changed hosts! :wink: