ROZEN MAIDEN is coming back!!!

All the Anime that's fit to print.....in serialized novels
ReAnimator
Anime Geek

ROZEN MAIDEN is coming back!!!

Post by ReAnimator »

Okay, this is old news for some, but it’s new to me.

Last year, I stumbled upon the anime series ROZEN MAIDEN… which for those who don’t know, is basically about a collection of Victorian era dolls that come to life and make a teenage boy’s life a living hell. I was stunned at how taken I became with the show, its wonderful characters, beautiful images, sense of humor, and touching drama.

This is, after all, a story about dolls. No robots. No vampires. No ninjas. It is, however, also the best anime I’ve seen in years.

I quickly devoured the first two seasons, only to discover that the manga… and by extension, the anime… had come to a grinding halt in Japan due to a rift between the creators of ROZEN MAIDEN and the manga publisher.

Without spoiling anything, the second season of the TV series is left open-ended and clearly sets up a third season. The third season was never produced while this tug-of-war played itself out. Likewise, the manga (I’m told) ended the story rather abruptly, as if the creators simply wanted to get away from their publisher at any cost.

It looked as if this situation would never resolve, and this wonderful creation would simply fade away… unfinished forever. :l

THAT WILL NOT BE THE CASE!

Over the last few weeks, a new publisher wrestled control of ROZEN MAIDEN, reached a deal with the original creators, and will be bringing the manga back to life starting April 17th in “Young Jump” magazine (which means a much bigger circulation than ever before).

Suddenly, the possibility of a third season of the anime is not only possible... but likely.

And this makes me very happy. :)

Just thought I’d share the joy.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... g-jump-mag
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

Surprisingly, I enjoyed this series quite a bit. I was really shocked, since it featured seemingly loli-type characters and was recced by kymaera. :P But, despite their style of dress, the characters are very endearing, strong, and loveable. Plus, the second season left a huuuuuge cliffhanger. 8O I'll be happy to see how the story turns out. :D
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

This is good news. Makes me wonder where the story will lead from where they left off?
klet wrote: and was recced by kymaera. :P
What does recced mean? ?^_^?
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

Recommended!!! Image

Kym-chan approved!

I Recommend it as well! Very nice plot twists for all the characters! Almost all characters are well liked; even the villains!
cgscelgallery
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by cgscelgallery »

Yay I can't wait until it gets translated. :D :)
It eluded us then, but ...tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms further...and one fine morning- So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

-F.Scott Fitzgerald
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

I saw the fansubs of the first series and never had a chance to watch the second. I hope they do make a third season eventually. I really enjoyed it as well.
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

Sugarflower wrote:I saw the fansubs of the first series and never had a chance to watch the second. I hope they do make a third season eventually. I really enjoyed it as well.
Watch the second season! Then watch the ova right away! Image

The first season focuses mostly on Jun and Shinku...

The second season builds tremendously on the other dolls' personalities!

And the OVA (Rozen Maiden Traumend) really fleshes out Suiguintou!