Inuyasha- the end?

All the Anime that's fit to print.....in serialized novels
moonrabitt
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Inuyasha- the end?

Post by moonrabitt »

If any of you follow the manga, it looks like it's going to end soon (unless the author pulls another 400 chapters out of her sleeve)

In the last chapter:
Naraku went over Kaede's village and it ended with Kagome trying to shot the arrow.
So how do you think it will end???

Will Kagome stay in the feudal era? Her own, or just keep on going between them?
Chapter 409

What will the jewel's wish be? Or will it keep on being there?
I thought the wish may be to purify all demons. But since the soul piper is in her world (ep. 9 Demon..I think) and since she gave Inuyasha ramen at the beginning and archaeologists found it in the future, I think both worlds are connected and what happens in the past affects the future.

Will any of the main cast die?

I hope not. But the only one that will surely not die is
Kagome (and if she does, she will be brought back to life, maybe by Seeshy)
It seems like she is telling the story "Narrating the whole thing if you will..."
Like when she said in chapter 494:
Kagome:"At that time...I didn't think that the day would come when I'd have to choose between the 2 worlds"
I have heared that the author's previous titles have not ended well...I just hope it does not end with:
"And we still travel together since the jewel got split up again"

So discuss anything about the manga, stuff that should be wraped up..questions...
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

A couple fellow beta members and I have been discussing this lately. Personally, I'll believe it's over when it's over. How many times have we thought it's the end now? I don't think there's going to be any quick neat wrap-up considering the author's past works but who knows.

As far as Kagome is concerned, I think she's going to be forced back into her own world. She can't hop back and forth any time she wants because she has to use the jewel to do that. When it's gone, the passage will be gone. Episode 23 reinforced that.

What worried me about the story was Naraku saying that even if he died they would still have someone to fight (or something like that). That to me was just opening up the possibilities of another head demon to take up the neverending fight for the jewel. :roll:

Kagome is the one character I think is safest from harm. Anyone else can die, not that I want them to. She is, as you said, narrating afterall. :wink:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

All I can say is
FINALLY!!!!! Naraku had to die. The story needs to end. I think you're right about her being dragged back to her time seeing the whole "black hole" develop behind her. That would be sad to her forced to leave before saying goodbye.
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

birdie
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by birdie »

I think this is the end....sorta
I think the jewel's wish may involve ending the eternal struggle that is supposed to go on inside it. Midoriko and the demons endlessly battling must be wearing the jewel out. :P So maybe the "end" of Naraku and the Jewel is near, but the story still has some wrapping up to do

I don't think any of the main characters are going to die but I also don't think Kagome will be stuck in her own time. There's a chance she could choose the feudal era.... *hopes*
irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Post by irmgaard »

Rumiko Takehashi loves Feudal Japan, and she likes to expand on her own short stories in her longer works. Since Inuyasha and Kagome are almost identical characters to Fire Tripper's Shukumaru and Suzuko,
I think she is staying in the past with her new life.

Just a few chapters ago, when she was in her own time, the mangaka had Kagome hurrying to get back, and her Mother giving her that "good-bye" hug (http://www.onemanga.com/Inuyasha/530/14). :wink:
moonrabitt

Post by moonrabitt »

Wait..does she really need the jewel to go back to her own time????
Has she ever gone to the other side without a jewel (I know the anime said no, but I think the manga is different...Look at Inuyasha, he can go between both worlds...

It does look like she will have to:
chose which world she will stay at (like she said in chapter 494 *look at my first post)
But which do you think she will chose??
Hers or feudal japan? I would chose the present, and heck take Inuyasha with me :wink: . But all the demons won't be dead since there are a few in the future (the soul piper and noah mask)and I think what happens in the past affects the future *look at first post as to why)
I think it would be sad if she left all of her family to be with Inuyasha. But then again her friends are in the past...tough choice....

Preview for chapter 553 (from "Freelance Manga")
http://freelance.110mb.com/
Courtesy of the Japanese blogosphere and Patches
Inuyasha v56 ch553 “Disaster at the Well” (Ido no Ihen)
犬夜叉 第553話 「井戸の異変」
Naraku has finally met his demise! However, a Meidou suddenly appears and swallows Kagome…?!
8O
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

It will end with Kagome waking up in the bottom of the well
and the whole thing was just a dream :P
Queen_Serenity
Kakashi Stalker

Post by Queen_Serenity »

Gonzai wrote:It will end with Kagome waking up in the bottom of the well
:crackup Somehow, that wouldn't surprise me.
Kaona
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Kaona »

...and after she wakes up at the bottom of the well, her family takes her to the hospital for the possible concussion she sustained during the fall. :hurt:

There she meets a handsome young ER doctor with long dark hair and human ears, with a cocky personality (and a creepy white blond half brother). :D

Then, they'll get married and have a baby, but not before their relationship is challeged by the doc's former girlfriend (and her meddling older sister). :wink: The End
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Gonzai wrote:It will end with Kagome waking up in the bottom of the well
OMG! That's awesome! :rollin
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
moonrabitt

Post by moonrabitt »

:D Those are great endings!!!!!
or maybe she will end up with Inuyasha's reincarnation (on her side of the world) :wink: I mean if she is Kikyo's reincarnation, shouldn't the others have reincarnations? Then they end up battling future reincarnated Naraku :^^:

But that dream idea was Hilarious, I'm sure many fans would commit suicide for wasting more than 10 years of their lives reading it for that end XD