Naruto 401....let's talk

All the Anime that's fit to print.....in serialized novels
Goldknight
RULER

Naruto 401....let's talk

Post by Goldknight »

So I'm getting annoyed that this isn't moving a little quicker. We've had three chapters now of Madara trying to convince Sasuke of the "True Itachi". I'm glad that Sasuke is like us in that he doesn't believe the Kyuubi story. There's something I'm wondering if I misunderstood though. Did Itachi plan on dying in order for Sasuke to lose someone close to him in hopes of him gaining the Mangekyo Sharingan? I know Itachi gave Sasuke the power of Afmdfefe....whatever it's spelled, but I also understood Madara to say that Itachi knew by dying that Sasuke would have lost someone special to him and in turn help him to gain the ultimate power of those eyes.
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Zetsuai
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Zetsuai »

as far as I know Itachi tried to get Orochimaru finally killed in Sasuke, who was "the one close to him" so that Sasuke got the Mangekyo and loses the Seal at the same time
:?
might be wrong ... just read fast an english translation
mightymask
Senpai - Elder

Post by mightymask »

Now see that's what I didn't understand. Orochimaru wasn't his closest friend and besides that, Sasuke didn't kill him. The way the wording was, it almost seemed like the one closest to Sasuke was Itachi, thereby his death gave him Mangekyou Sharingan. That would make more sense to me but I never know with reading the manga. Too much room for error with the translation.
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

I first interpreted like that too Zetsuai, but like MM I had to consider:
Orochimaru wasn't "close to him" and even if he was I was under the impression that the goal was to seal Orochimaru and release the curse seal to give Sasuke free reign. At the same time Itachi was able to give him the extra powers and help him gain the Mangekyo by his passing.
Either from what I'm understanding we were all very mistaken about Itachi if in fact Madara is telling the truth. :?
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest

irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Post by irmgaard »

It's the killing of Itachi. Whether bound by hate or love, Itachi was the most important person to Sasuke for his whole life!
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

So what will Sasuke do now with regards to Naruto?
Now that he has the eyes and Itachi is dead then Sasuke has no reason to want to kill his best friend. What will happen now?

irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Post by irmgaard »

What indeed!
And we STILL have no idea what Tobi is after...

Why is he telling Sasuke all this????? :shrug
Carla
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Carla »

irmgaard wrote:What indeed!
And we STILL have no idea what Tobi is after...

Why is he telling Sasuke all this????? :shrug

Me me I want to guess too :P
I bet Sasuke is first going to go an get his teammates (Kiren, Jimbo and ummm the blue hair guy) Sorry I can't remember his name :hurt: Well Naruto and everyone else is away form the leaf village at the moment so it's the perfect time for Sasuke to sneak in the leaf village and start asking questions. I bet Naruto and the others well meet Pain and Konan and start there battle because so called Tobi told Pain to go and get the 9 tails and not to fail! So I think that battle is coming :D and when they fight Naruto will learn that his master is dead :l Just a guess but I feel that part of the story is coming :) As for Tobi he is probably just going to sit back and watch the war break out :l
Can't wait for 402 :D to see what happens!