Naruto 402

All the Anime that's fit to print.....in serialized novels
kenshikenji
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by kenshikenji »

couldnt there be some sort of rule that says after 3 pages, you dont have to use spoiler boxes? geez, who the hell reads in that far without knowing whats going on.
moonrabitt
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by moonrabitt »

kenshikenji wrote:couldnt there be some sort of rule that says after 3 pages, you dont have to use spoiler boxes? geez, who the hell reads in that far without knowing whats going on.
^
Okay XD
As for the "evil" part..I meant wicked ...the pictures are wicked (the ones you posted :wink: ) /gawi

Well, some don't like the boxes, so if you read this thread, you most likely read all the chapters before this, so I won't put the black box :wink:

I think that it's sort of twisted for the author to say that someone has to die, so that the other person grows up :? So suffering= growing up? I think that knowledge=growing up....But then again it's a manga....so yeah.....

I guess it's funny that some people like some characters, hate other characters and then it's the other way around for some people. I don't really like Sasuke (is targeted by Sasuke fans) or Naruto..I do like Lee, Gaara and Kakashi...So since Gaara died once, I'm sure he is in the clear :) If Naruto is to be Hokage, then things don't look good for Kakashi.
The way that the manga is going, I see deaths approaching.
Itachi died, poor guy,and he was not really that evil....
So are Naruto and Sasuke safe???
There seems to be a trend of dying trying to protect others.....
Naruto's dad=died protecting the village
Itachi=his brother
third times the charm...let's see who's next on the list.....

But I see that either Naruto or Sasuke will either die, or be very hurt before the "main evil" fight. I don't see them working together, and if they do, that means that they are weaker than him, so that would just be a sucky fight.
funshine
Senpai - Elder

Post by funshine »

i guess i won't use the black boxes either. since the thread is called 402, would be a bit odd for someone who hasn't read it and doesn't want to be spoiled to come in here...

i'm not really a big sasuke fan either, but i think he needs to live at the end.

i'm more of a fan of kakashi, gaara, itachi (wah), and naruto. gaara i didn't mention in the living since he has died before. it would be pretty lame to kill him off again. sakura has grown on me a lot in the current arc and i want her to live as well. but i don't want her to get with naruto which does seem to be kinda the way it seems to be heading (dangit, keep it brotherly/sisterly with naruto and have him be with hinita who saw his worth from the beginning). :)

we definatley know that tsunade is on that hit list. but when, i'm not sure. and how. not sure. though i think if she has to go, the best way would involve danzou/root. we know they have less then steller plans and danzou doesn't like tsunade and wants to take over. plus it would set up the stage for sakura and co (am hoping it involves the other teams i.e. hinita, lee, neji, etc etc) to defend the village from the threat within. also could see kakashi defending the village from within, and if he's to be hokage, he could do something amazing during the fight (well he always does amazing stuff).

i'm just not sure how sasuke would factor into the above. if he's going after konoha, i would think his main target would be danzou...

so given the sasuke love, i wonder if tsunade's death will occur in some other way like protecting sakura/naruto or the village from some sneak attack that isn't from within and leaving the root threat still under the surface.
RalphVboy
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by RalphVboy »

Kinda off-topic but since we touched on Kakashi and his perhaps gleening Chiyo's sacrifice ability, I for one would prefer to think that Kakashi would use that one-shot for Tobi, considering I firmly believe that Tobi is Obito. Think about it...Obito is the one person he regrets most having "died". If Kakashi was given the opportunity to sacrifice his life for Obito to bring him back...wouldn't you think he'd take it? :wink:

- RalphVBoy
naturalgrace
Anime Geek

Post by naturalgrace »

Moop wrote:
I know I've said it before, but I'll be extremely disappointed if he bites it. When you're looking at characterization in those terms, I firmly believe that he is the yin to Naruto's yang...and neither of them is as good as he can be without the other to drive him. (No shounen-ai implications intended, folks. Judging by Naruto's facial expression after seeing the Sasuke/Sai open-faced sandwich, sorry, but I just don't think that idea's going anywhere. :P)
I agree, though I only said I thought Sasuke liked Naruto, not vice versa. :P

Anyway, I present... another interview!

Shonen Jump Question:
Naruto and Sasuke kiss (accidentally) in the first chapter where they appear together. Does this add a special dimension to their rivalry?

Masashi Kishimoto Answer:
I didn’t have any particular reason for it, other then to surprise readers. I mainly did it because I don’t think there has ever been a manga where two rivals kissed. Also, by having this encounter, it was easier to set up the love triangle: Sakura, who had intended to be the first one to kiss Sasuke, has it stolen by her rival Naruto, Sasuke and Naruto are rivals, so there’s and added tension there. And so on and so forth.

Plus, this from the The Official Fanbook by Shonen Jump (where each of the kids gets asked about possible romantic interests; Naruto gets asked about Hinata, amoung others, Sakura gets asked about Sasuke and Naruto, and Sasuke gets asked about Sakura and Naruto):

Q: What did Naruto's kiss taste like? Lemon?
A: No, more like miso... er, like I remember! Damn, Naruto, why did you do that?!

I'll also add that Sasuke fondly remembered that kiss in response to Naruto's question, "Why did you save me?" in the Wave Country arc. Actually, in the anime, it was the very first thing that came into his mind.

There's a ton of other "evidence" I could rehash, but I don't want to turn this into a dissertation!

Anyway, I like the idea of them together, but I'd be shocked if the manga actually ended that way. If I were a betting woman I'd be putting my money on NaruSaku.
funshine
Senpai - Elder

Post by funshine »

Didn't think of kakashi using it to save obito, though i certainly think that is a possibility depending on what happens between them once kakashi learns obito=tobi.

yeah there is a lot of hints about sasuke possibily liking naruto in a non-platonic way (now that you've highlighted some), but there's never been any hint about naruto liking anyone other than girls. so yeah, i would be beyond shocked if the manga ended that way. it also seems like it's going naru/saku (dang it). esp if they are supposed to be like the sannin and tsunade did like jiraya though she made up her mind to do anything about it until it was too late (if i remember correctly) of which sakura and naruto are the 'new' versions. and there has been a lot of hints as people have said. but i'll be sooo disappointed if that happens for a number of reasons. :(