Naruto 402

All the Anime that's fit to print.....in serialized novels
naturalgrace
Anime Geek

Naruto 402

Post by naturalgrace »

I know I'm kind of jumping the gun on this, but some credible images have been released, so I think it's fair to say this is confirmed:
Sasuke's now on a mission to destroy Konoha. What an utterly unsurprising and "Sasuke" thing to do. I think he's running on automatic at this point. His life has been about vengeance so long I doubt he believes he could live any differently. I guess he has to blame someone for the train wreck he's created, and it sure won't be himself.

I can't believe he finally cried. That's been a long time coming.
I'm sure Naruto will be thrilled about this latest development, too.
irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Re: Naruto 402

Post by irmgaard »

naturalgrace wrote:
I can't believe he finally cried. That's been a long time coming.
And WHO
were those tears for?
Certainly not Itachi, since, if what Tobi has said is true, this course of action would betray and destroy everything he lived, suffered, and died for... :?
Nope, it's more: Pooor meeeee!! Poooor, pooor suffering Sasuke!!!! :l Noooooobody suffers like Meeeeeee!!!!
Blech..... :P
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

I'm gonna reserve comments till I read the whole thing. I too have seen the spoilers and it seems each week I see spoilers either they're fake or I misinterpret the pics. :P However.....
Sasuke going after Konoha wouldn't be too surprising. I would be surprised though that he'd fall for Madara's story so easily as well as throw his brother's memory and all he fought for out the door. Then again...poor Sasuke is quite a bit messed up in the head after all he's been through. :l
My guess.....
If Sasuke in fact does become an enemy of the leaf village I think later on we'll find out yet another secret that Sasuke should have known that would have changed his mind about his vengeance on Konoha. Perhaps Kakashi will let some other shocker out. :wink:
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

funshine
Senpai - Elder

Post by funshine »

sasuke sucks. seriously. when i read the last chapter i pretty much knew he'd be going after konoha next, which is utterly ridiculous because 1) it negates a large part of what the brother he 'loved' did and wanted, not to mention what about his friends pre i'm gonna take vengence no matter what and not listen to kakashi saying that usually when you live for vengence it doesn't end well. and 2)shouldn't he have learned an important lesson? namely get all your facts straight and research before you go off trying to kill. doh. esp since clearly the person telling him everything has a hidden agenda and clearly itachi didn't trust that person for shit. you know maybe you outta research and see if there's any other info out there. blah.

and i agree with goldknight in that if he does become an enemy of the village (instead of actually finding out what happened and who is responsible and then trying to ensure that person sees justice ie just go after those responsible and not do so in a way that would destroy the village), that he'll later discover some additional info that would have lead him down another path.

i just hope it stops with the sasuke and moves on to naruto and the others.

and as i haven't read or seen the potential images linking konoha as his next destruction mission, i seriously hope he doesn't do that and instead investigates/etc, but i won't hold my breath...
[/spoiler]
irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Post by irmgaard »

Well, so far, it's looking to me like the lesson we can take away from this is:

If the Hokage tells you to
kill off your muderous, traitorous clan :evil:
you'd better finish the job, or
one day it'll come back and bite you in the :moon
And, on an unrelated note...

I wonder if this is a mistranslation:
http://img36.onemanga.com/mangas/000000 ... 571/10.jpg

His
Lover!!!????!!! 8O X|
Maybe it's supposed to read like
"girlfriend/boyfriend"?
I mean...Itachi was
THIRTEEN, right?
Them Konoha boys grow up reeeeeeal quick :wink: :OMG
naturalgrace
Anime Geek

Post by naturalgrace »

irmgaard wrote: I wonder if this is a mistranslation:
Ha, that.
I'm not sure that implies the same thing in Japanese. Then again, the age of consent in Japan is 13, and given that the Narutoverse treats children very differently (and by that I mean it doesn't treat them much like children at all), I guess it's possible. Kind of icky, but possible.
As much as it makes me groan on some levels, I think the spoilers are true. The manga seems really big on history repeating itself, and Sasuke and Naruto are obviously being set up to mirror Madara and the first Hokage.

I don't believe for a second Sasuke's going to be "the bad guy" forever, but it would be very odd for the manga to end without one more big showdown between Sasuke and Naruto. That's probably the reason behind this. Naruto's going to be put in a position to choose between Konoha and Sasuke. THAT I want to see!
irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Post by irmgaard »

naturalgrace wrote:
I guess it's possible. Kind of icky, but possible.
But when
would he have even found the time for that level of relationship with all that was going on? /hmm
No wonder he didn't have time to throw shuriken and kunai with Sasuke! :P
naturalgrace wrote:
As much as it makes me groan on some levels, I think the spoilers are true. The manga seems really big on history repeating itself, and Sasuke and Naruto are obviously being set up to mirror Madara and the first Hokage.
But I always thought they were supposed to be
Tsunade (Sakura), Orochimaru (Sasuke), and Jiraiya (Naruto)?
I suppose
Orochimaru still fits with "Destroy Konoha!", but Sakura's fallen off the planet in this story! I wanna go back to Naruto!!!! :bawl
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

Sakura has fallen of the planet......for now........as noted in another thread the author has hinted in years to come that Sakura would have to grow up which means that Tsunade will probably die. Then there's the movie coming soon where Tsunade is the target of Madara. 8O
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest

duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

:D I'm back! I love reading y'all's spoilers. It saves me the time reading the manga online. :P Anyway . . .
irmgaard wrote:But when
would he have even found the time for that level of relationship with all that was going on? /hmm
No wonder he didn't have time to throw shuriken and kunai with Sasuke! :P
You totally had me busting out laughing. :hitting: As bad as this sounds,
one of my cousins fathered a child at 13. She was 14 I believe.
Although, I notice some people take the word
lovers
the wrong way. It doesn't mean
sex.
It simply means
two people who are in love with each other. Inuyasha and Kagome are considered lovers just as Sango and Miroku. Did any of them have sex in the anime? No, but they are lovers. I think maybe it just means that Itachi loved someone. That someone loved him back. But they were probably both too busy to get to do anything else. :wink:
I wouldn't be surprised if
Sasuke does go after Konoha. But I think that this sets up the "final" fight between him and Naruto. And this time Naruto will kick Sasuke's ass. This will be the point where Sasuke will wake up and learn his lesson.

Funshine was talking about how Sasuke needs to stop and do his research. But that's just the thing, funshine, he's not in his right state of mind with all that he's gone through. He can't stop to think about things. If you were in that position, you wouldn't be able too either. I love Sasuke but the kid has to have his head cleared up. I think only Naruto can do that. Sasuke doesn't care about "things ending badly". To him, things have already ended badly. He probably (and remember I haven't read it lately other than what I've read here) feels in some way he should have died with his clan. So he could just be inviting death for himself since he's "accomplished" his initial revenge.
Just my thoughts on everyone's thoughts. :^^:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

There are so many stories going on in this anime with questions left unanswered.
Naruto's mother....where's she? Maybe with Akatsuki? Did Naruto's father the hokage have anything to do with what happened to the Uchiha? Is Itachi's "lover" a member of Akatsuki? I just keep thinking these side characters are going to come back to bite several people in the ass. The way this series goes I'm just waiting for more surprises and more questions.

moonrabitt
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by moonrabitt »

^ Or maybe the author will leave some things un-answered? :D
We all know how lovely that would be.....
But that's the problem that arises when you have too many mysteries, too much stuff going on, you just confuse the readers....
Bad Sasuke..I swear...he reminds me of Athrun Zala....so easy to manipulate and brainwash, hopefully he won't kill anyone important. Who knows, maybe HE kills the Hokage...or maybe Sakura8O

now wouldn't that be a twist???

But he should know
not to listen to the B.S that the ENEMY is telling him. He is the enemy for a reason, and if he follows his bidding then he is just another "minion"
naturalgrace
Anime Geek

Post by naturalgrace »

Goldknight wrote:There are so many stories going on in this anime with questions left unanswered.
Is Itachi's "lover" a member of Akatsuki?
The manga said he killed his lover along with his friends and family. Since I don't think we'll be seeing any more Uchihas popping up, it's probably safe to assume they're really dead.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

moonrabitt wrote:
Bad Sasuke..I swear...he reminds me of Athrun Zala....so easy to manipulate and brainwash
Okay, I can agree with Sasuke being brainwashed because Itachi really messed up his head. BUT I can't agree with Athrun being brainwashed. Athrun was used and manipulated but NEVER brainwashed. Sorry, moonrabbit, you know I like you and I'm not trying to start a war here. I just have very strong feelings about this point.

Ooo, wouldn't that be quite the twist if Sasuke did kill Sakura? Okay, now I want that to happen. :^^:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

Ok I finally read the chapter.
The manga has been so focused on Sasuke that I totally forgot what the other characters were doing, but wasn't Sasuke's team up against Kisame? What am I forgetting? Now it just shows them all standing on the cliff together. And what of those eyes? That's a totally different Sharingan!
I have to say that the biggest thing that annoys me with this series (manga or tv) is the constant flashbacks that take up most of a chapter or episode. I think we all remember that stuff especially after flashbacking to it in many, many previous episodes. :roll:

moonrabitt
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by moonrabitt »

lol, ya know I'm kidding, Athrun is just so sweet that he believes in people (that sometimes lie to him) X| ...

Now if Sasuke really
Kills Sakura, that would make Naruto go berserk and then maybe we could see a nice fight between Him and Sasuke.
On the flashback note...Maybe the author is running out of ideas??? I mean, one flashback is good (I guess) but constant ones are tiring :ZzZz:
I think that the switching back and forth from one battle to the other is really confusing @_@