Naruto 402

All the Anime that's fit to print.....in serialized novels
funshine
Senpai - Elder

Post by funshine »

nice except for the sakura/naruto ending ;)
ugh. just read 402. damn sasuke, you disappoint.
irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Post by irmgaard »

Moop wrote:
irmgaard wrote:
Nope, it's more: Pooor meeeee!! Poooor, pooor suffering Sasuke!!!! :l Noooooobody suffers like Meeeeeee!!!!
That's what you got from it?? 8O I completely disagree. Right or wrong, Sasuke has always seen himself as an avenger - and everything he's done up to this point has been to that end. He's hardly spent the last few years crying in his beer.

I certainly don't mean that his self absorbtion and self pity has led to inactivity on Sasuke's part!
8O

But Sasuke has always used his misfortune to distance and hold himself apart from others:
http://img36.onemanga.com/mangas/000000 ... 229/09.jpg

http://img36.onemanga.com/mangas/000000 ... 229/10.jpg

This, of course, stands in marked contrast to Naruto. Who has used his own pain and suffering as a bridge to help him understand the pain and feelings of others, especially Sasuke:
http://img36.onemanga.com/mangas/000000 ... 227/13.jpg

and Gaara, but others as well..
I hope that Naruto will not kill Sasuke, because that would be devastating to him. Naruto wants to save everyone.
naturalgrace
Anime Geek

Post by naturalgrace »

Hmm. Considering that Naruto's main goal in life is now to bring back Sasuke, and the manga is big on Naruto never giving up and succeeding against impossible odds, I don't think Sasuke's life is in much danger. :wink:
But yeah, I agree with Irmgaard. Naruto would be totally devastated and it would make the manga way darker than it's ever been.
I just can't see Naruto being built up since the beginning of the series as this hero who helps/saves everyone, and then in instance that's the most important to him (and primary focus of the series) and fail miserably.
Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

irmgaard wrote:I certainly don't mean that his self absorbtion and self pity has led to inactivity on Sasuke's part! 8O

But Sasuke has always used his misfortune to distance and hold himself apart from others:
http://img36.onemanga.com/mangas/000000 ... 229/09.jpg

http://img36.onemanga.com/mangas/000000 ... 229/10.jpg
But you indicated that his tears were purely self-pity, so I'm still going to disagree. ;) The example you used was just the rage and frustration of the moment talking; he had left the village to pursue a path that was important to him, and Naruto hunted him down with the intention of dragging him back against his will. I'd probably be pissy and aim for the heart, too! In truth, Sasuke's clear recognition of their similar circumstances led to the first moment that he thought of Naruto as anything other than a useless idiot:
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/3/naruto_v01_ch003_104

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/3/naruto_v01_ch003_105

Rather than distancing them, I would say that shared pain was the one thing which cemented their early friendship.
So yeah - with Madara watching his every move, I don't know what Sasuke's true intentions are...or what he really makes of that long-winded story. For now, I choose to believe that his tears were not of the "Poor little me" variety, but rather shed for the brother who has now been lost to him twice. :l
irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Post by irmgaard »

Hmmmmm...... /hmm
Moop wrote:
With Madara watching his every move, I don't know what Sasuke's true intentions are - or what he really makes of that long-winded story.
Well, let's say that actions speak louder than words....

Let's see what he does :D
Moop wrote:
shed for the brother who has now been lost to him twice
I absolutely agree with this! This is just how Sasuke sees this!
Not:
"Poor Itachi, how he must have suffered for what he believed in and wanted to protect!"
But rather:
"They took my brother from me!"
iwakuralain16
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by iwakuralain16 »

miz ducky wrote:Since this is all pure speculation and fantasy on my part (as I haven't read the manga at all), I won't use spoiler quotes.

What if, Sasuke attacks the village and in the midst of it, he and Naruto have their big show down. Hinata gets in the way of Sasuke's finishing blow to protect Naruto. *** Big dramatic drawn out moment, confessing her love and all that... ***

Then Naruto goes wild and almost kills Sasuke, but holds back the final blow so that he's just on the verge of death (because Naruto is good like that). Crisis averted, Sakura gets to nurse Sasuke back to health, and he's now learned his lesson (horray for love and friendship). Sakura and Naruto end up together. Because after all that they've been through, she has realized her feelings for him and sees him in a totally different light.

The End.

^ That's the most important part. It Must END!

:D

I kinda like this outcome.... Poor Hinata but Naruto would finally know how she feels....
Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

irmgaard wrote:Not:
"Poor Itachi, how he must have suffered for what he believed in and wanted to protect!"
Really?? /hmm I thought he cried for the tragedy of it all...including not only the tragedy of his own loss, but for what Itachi had endured - and for how he had betrayed his older brother by being among those who openly hated and condemned him.
But rather:
"They took my brother from me!"
Lol! But I can tell you from personal experience that this is perfectly natural human reaction. There is an element of self-pity in all tears that are shed for those we love who have left us. :wink:
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

naruto 402

Post by teggacat »

Go Moop!!! Glad someone gets it....
irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Post by irmgaard »

Moop wrote:
for what Itachi had endured - and for how he had betrayed his older brother by being among those who openly hated and condemned him.
And we'll soon (well probably not soon, but sometime anyway) find out if this is so by watching Sasuke's actions.

If he is just
tricking Tobi by saying he will destroy Konoha.

Because,
if he wants to atone for his misjudgement of Itachi, and make his brother's life's sacrifice worth something, he will protect Konoha with his own life, as well as his name, and reputation....
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Fine! You guys have me wanting to start to read it again. :roll This discussion is great. :) I'm going to add my two cents again. :P I still hold to my theory.
Sasuke and Naruto will be fighting each other when a main bad guy (y'all pick who) sees an opening to kill Naruto. Sasuke using his eyes notices this and tries to stop him. If anyone's going to kill Naruto, it will be him (Sasuke). So Sasuke does stop the bad guy and kills him in the process. However, Sasuke is also dealt a finishing blow. He and Naruto make amends and Sasuke dies. Insert lots of crying from DT. :bawl

Naruto then sets out to do what Sasuke told him he could do, become Hokage. :)
As far as coupling goes, I don't know. I really like the Sasuke/Sakura couple but if my theory happens, it can't be. I don't mind the Naruto/Sakura coupling but to me that's more of a strong brotherly/sisterly bond. So I guess I'm hoping for Sakura to wind up with Lee. As for Hinata, well, it's cute how she always hangs around Naruto but I just don't see them together. I'd prefer Hinata to wind up with Kiba. :^^:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Post by irmgaard »

On the other hand.....

If it's self pity and anger (both the very most human of emotional reactions to loss),

then...
He will attack Konoha with the same single-minded vigor with which he went after Itachi :redhot
And both Naruto and Sakura will have to fight him 8O
Hopefully not to the death, though!!
duotrouble wrote:
Sasuke and Naruto will be fighting each other when a main bad guy (y'all pick who) sees an opening to kill Naruto. Sasuke using his eyes notices this and tries to stop him. If anyone's going to kill Naruto, it will be him (Sasuke). So Sasuke does stop the bad guy and kills him in the process. However, Sasuke is also dealt a finishing blow. He and Naruto make amends and Sasuke dies. Insert lots of crying from DT.

Naruto then sets out to do what Sasuke told him he could do, become Hokage.
Now this would work with my first scenario, too, if
Sasuke is only pretending to fight Naruto....but really looking for a chance to kill Tobi! :D
I don't want Sasuke to die though... :(
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

OOoooo. Nice scenarios. I'm also glad we got DT back into it. :rollin :rollin
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

duotrouble wrote:
a main bad guy (y'all pick who) sees an opening to kill Naruto. Sasuke using his eyes notices this and tries to stop him. If anyone's going to kill Naruto, it will be him (Sasuke). So Sasuke does stop the bad guy and kills him in the process. However, Sasuke is also dealt a finishing blow. He and Naruto make amends and Sasuke dies.
It's not outside the realm of possibility! I think that I'll be pretty disappointed if that's the way it plays out, though - not because it doesn't feature all of the elements of a classic, six hanky, tear-jerker redemption, but rather because it's just so similar to Sasuke's 'death scene' and the awakening of his sharingan on the bridge during their fight with Haku. :^^:
I really like the Sasuke/Sakura couple but if my theory happens, it can't be.
Well, it could...but that would be really gross. :P Really, if Sasuke survives the series, I'll be surprised if there is a solid romance in bloom for him. It may be enough that he comes away with some semblance of his sanity intact.
irmgaard wrote:
He will attack Konoha with the same single-minded vigor with which he went after Itachi :redhot
Good heavens, are you suggesting that Sasuke may do something irrational, impulsive and stupid in his quest for vengeance?? :D
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Moop wrote:
I think that I'll be pretty disappointed if that's the way it plays out, though - not because it doesn't feature all of the elements of a classic, six hanky, tear-jerker redemption, but rather because it's just so similar to Sasuke's 'death scene' and the awakening of his sharingan on the bridge during their fight with Haku. :^^:
Well, really, that's pretty much why I think it'll happen. :wink: Sorta like
the scene with Haku was forshadowing what was to come in the future. :wink:
But we all know anime.
It's not going to be happily-ever-after. Rarely is. :bawl In anime, evil must die. :bawl
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

duotrouble wrote:
the scene with Haku was forshadowing what was to come in the future. :wink:
I've always thought of foreshadowing as a literary tool with some degree of subtlety - as in foreshadowing, rather than blatant repetition of past events...but goodness knows that Kishimoto does love those flashbacks. :P
It's not going to be happily-ever-after. Rarely is. :bawl In anime, evil must die. :bawl
See, there's where my opinion seems to differ from most. I have never thought that Sasuke was even vaguely evil. I just don't see it. :shrug