Naruto 402

All the Anime that's fit to print.....in serialized novels
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

Can I just say how funny I think this thread is? :rollin You open it up to four pages of black boxes. I love it. :rollin
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

Whoever came up with the Naruto x Sasuke pairing
was dead on. I am all for it. Though Sasuke would
definately have to be the uke, since he whines like a
girl all the time. :P

Ducks and runs for cover.
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

<----gets the popcorn to watch Gonzai get pummeled by all the Sasukephiles.
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

funshine
Senpai - Elder

Post by funshine »

lol. yeah, the pages of black boxes is funny. ^-^
Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

Gonzai wrote:Though Sasuke would
definately have to be the uke, since he whines like a
girl all the time. :P
Aw come on, you already know that everyone who's read the manga knows better.
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/347/010 :P
But those goobers who make the choices will never turn it into a repro, darn it.
naturalgrace
Anime Geek

Post by naturalgrace »

Gonzai wrote:Though Sasuke would definately have to be the uke, since he whines like a girl all the time. :P
I forgot to post the post the fact that I predict Sasuke will end up barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen. He will be armed with a spatula with which he whacks Naruto for spending too much time at the office while Sasuke's caring for their ten spikey-haired, utterly uncontrollable kids.

:joke
Last edited by naturalgrace on Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

OMG! 8O Look how much has been posted since I last visited. 8O I'm just skipping to the good stuff. Oh Gonzai . . . :wack

Although . . . http://envy.rubberslug.com/gallery/inv_ ... mID=217995

*whistles* :dsmoke

Moop, if they ever made that a repro . . . I'm at a loss for words. :drool I certainly would come out of hybernation for it. :dgrin
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
moonrabitt
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by moonrabitt »

lol Although....with this manga, the author could just throw all rationality to the wind and just twist the story the way he wants, So even if it seems unlikely, think outside the box...I for one did not see:
the old pervert dying, but they killed him off, and Deidara too. And I think their one eyed sensei in next :l

When I first saw Naruto, I knew that Sasuke and Naruto would fight. When they had that good fight, I tought that they would not hurt each other. Now after all of these deaths, I have a feeling that someone will die. I think that leaving all of the main characters alive with a "Friendship overcomes everything" speech would be too-cheesy for this author. But who knows. If in the end they are both alive, either could be Hokage.
And if Sasuke does have kids, then one can get power-hungry and do (you know what) to another family member...now wouldn't that be a twist? killed by his own son, it could be called NARUTO: The Wind Chronicles!

As for the pairings...anything is possible, but like someone said, the point is that it ends :wink:
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

moonrabitt wrote: and just twist the story the way he wants, So even if it seems unlikely, think outside the box...I for one did not see:
the old pervert dying, but they killed him off, and Deidara too. And I think their one eyed sensei in next :l
I thought Jiraiya was an easy one to spot. I pegged his death when he started training Naruto. Gotta take more away from Naruto before the hero will come out. As for Deidara, I mean really, does anyone care? *ducks from Shampoo* :P

What's with the blushy? I'm just saying. :wink: :P
moonrabitt
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by moonrabitt »

8O You speak of evil! That was was adorable....Itachi just forced the poor guy to join them...sure he was a bit INSANE, but terribly cute :wink:

As for
Jiraiya, I guess I did not really see his death because he was just another teacher. I mean look at the Hokage, was he closer to Naruto then Jiraiya? I think he was, since he did know him longer than Jiraiya, and look how Naruto responded after the Hokage's death. Now if someone he is closer to (like his sensei from the first few eps )died I see him going nuts. But if Kakashi, Sasuke or Sakura die, maybe he will go berserk.....
or most likely:
Sasuke will be on the verge of death and Naruto will go crazy, or Sasuke and
Naruto will use the true power of friendship and work together to beat evil /gawi But that would suck since that would mean that they are so weak that they can't defeat the one enemy by themselves (and then again it's unfair for the evil guy since it's two on one, sure he is evil and those rules should not apply, but who knows :wink:

Either way, the manga will end one of these ways:
1).Sasuke,Naruto,Sakura or Kakashi die by evil dude's hands
2).Both friends kill main evil
3).Main evil kills them
4).Someone ELSE kills the evil
5).Open ending (seems like they killed the evil dude, but he's really alive)
6).manga goes on forever

As for those pics (and by seeing Sasuke in that opening where he is on the cross looking really....you KNOW....I think SasukeXNaruto may be possible, after all, who forgets their first kiss??? XD
funshine
Senpai - Elder

Post by funshine »

sasuke/naruto could be possible... but i think there'd need to be more hints. so far naruto has been all about girls so to me that pairing is a bit of a stretch. still perfer it over sakura/naruto.

call me a sap but
i really don't want kakashi, naruto, sasuke, or sakura to die. i don't even care if it's dying to save someone else, i.e. naruto. i don't want any of those four to go. :( but i fear because kakashi did see chiyo preform her life transfer technique.... and i have a feeling at some point in the story naruto is probably gonna get rid of the 9 tails, which going by the gaara arc would mean death. and i could be way off but i think naruto is probably the safest of the bunch...

i also figured Jiraiya would die. but dangit, isn't it about time we got the reaction to his death?!

from the beginning we knew itachi would die. so while i'm upset about that, i'd had ample time to prep myself for it.

but yeah, i'd be very bummed if any of the four died.
[/spoiler]
naturalgrace
Anime Geek

Post by naturalgrace »

I have some theories, based on the latest Kishimoto interview, from the 2008 Jump Festa:
Interviewer: Is Jiraiya dead?
Kishimoto: He lives... in your heart.
Naruto has to be grown up. Shikamaru also needed to be grown up. And Sakura will have to be grown up, too. Lee? Lee doesn't need to be grown up anymore.

Interviewer: What's gonna happen next year?
Kishimoto: Started with Sasuke vs Itachi battle. I'm gonna write about mainly Sasuke next year. And Kakashi and Sakura, after that. Especially Kakashi. I can't tell yet but a huge event will happen to him.

To me, this indicates that Tsunade is going to die at some point, and Kakashi is likely going to be made Hokage. Kishimoto had hinted that Kakashi might be made Hokage before, in previous interviews. Naruto's not ready at this point, and he probably won't accept the position until the situation with Sasuke is resolved, anyway.

What really worries me is Lee. Why doesn't Lee need to be grown up anymore? Presumably because he'll be dead. That or maybe Gai will die, and Lee will have to take his place as the wackiest character in the series.

Actually, Funshine brought up a good point about that life-restoring jutsu. I guess Kakashi could use it, but I'm ruminated in the past about Sakura sacrificing her life (in one way or another), mostly because of Chiyo's instructions to Sakura to, "Don't waste her life saving an old woman; save those important to you."

Plus this:

http://img36.onemanga.com/mangas/000000 ... 281/07.jpg

In Japanese culture, there's a reference to people having "the red string of fate" tied to their little fingers. Usually this is applied to romantic relationships, but maybe it could be applied to other things as well. That sort of brief, symbolic image is the kind of thing Kishimoto uses to indicate things to come.

If Sakura sacrifices her life for Naruto or Sasuke (and not in a wish-washy way), I may just have to start really loving her character. It would a polar reversal of her previous attitude, where her "self-sacrifice" was an attempt to get what she wanted (Sasuke) at the cost of her true personality, her self-respect and her development as a ninja.

For her to sacrifice herself not so she can have Sasuke or Naruto, but to save them because she loves them (in whatever capacity), would be... really awesome, and a fulfillment of her vow to stand up and do something to help and protect those two.

And I'm not just saying that because I want her out of the way! ;)
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

moonrabitt wrote:8O You speak of evil!
??? Are you talking to me? :? I should answer Moop's question. Evil as in everyone has good and evil inside of them - the yin and yang theory. Is your darkside controlling you or are you a fairly nice person? That's all.

And personally,
I never cared for Jiraiya or Deidara. Both boring characters not even interesting to look at.
I love seeing everyone's different points of view from reading/watching the same thing. I always find that interesting. It's much the same as moments after my mom and I witnessed a car accident. We had completely different stories as to what exactly happened. I remember thinking, "but weren't you sitting right next to me? How could you have missed that?" Although, I admit. I prefer these conversations in person - less to read. :wink:
funshine
Senpai - Elder

Post by funshine »

are the jump festa's in english? i don't really read mags/interviews so haven't a clue. :) um what date was the interview that's quoted?
well dang i don't really want tsunade to die either. but based on that interview the writing is clearly on the wall. better prep myself now. if sakura has to 'grow up' and everyone else who had to grow up lost their teacher then it's pretty clear what's gonna happen. and it seems like it'll be next year when the year of kakashi/sakura happens. :( that stinks.

at least gai seems relatively safe. though i hope lee is as well.... but it seems it could go either way. either lee's 'mature' now or he'll be dead (noos)

i hope the interview was really really early or in late 2007. i don't know that i want another full year of almost all sasuke... :/

i can totally see kakashi becoming hokage! though it sucks that tsunade will have to die for that to happen.

hmm, i didn't think of sakura and the life-transferring jutsu as i didn't think she'd be able to see it and copy it. you made some good points though about the finger scene and chiyo's last words to her. i could see her sacrificing herself for either or both of them. though again, i really want kakashi/naruto/sasuke/sakura to be alive at the end...

also, to be fair to her, she has had moments where she defended them, possibly at the cost of her life and without having another motive - i.e. to get them. i think the scene where saskue's curse seal goes crazy during the exam and on the bridge fight between naruto/oro immediately come to mind.
duotrouble, i agree. it is really interesting seeing everyone's different points of view from reading/watching the same thing.

oh and based on that interview i just realized
it seems like naruto's gonna be another 3 years. if this year is sasuke. and next is kakashi/sakura... and naruto has to wait, it'll at least be 3 years more...

that's a long time. a very very long time. :/
Moop
Senpai - Elder

Post by Moop »

duotrouble wrote:Evil as in everyone has good and evil inside of them - the yin and yang theory.
Ah. I wasn't sure if you meant that or if you were talking about external forces. /hmm So the question is, is his yin really controlling him, or is he just grimly determined to fulfill a set goal?
I know I've said it before, but I'll be extremely disappointed if he bites it. When you're looking at characterization in those terms, I firmly believe that he is the yin to Naruto's yang...and neither of them is as good as he can be without the other to drive him. (No shounen-ai implications intended, folks. Judging by Naruto's facial expression after seeing the Sasuke/Sai open-faced sandwich, sorry, but I just don't think that idea's going anywhere. :P)
And personally,
I never cared for Jiraiya or Deidara. Both boring characters not even interesting to look at.
:crackup Amen.