7%
Kamui - X/1999
13%

Total votes: 72

duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Fave manga character - final round - closed

Post by duotrouble »

Well, it's come down to the final round. I can't believe we're finally here. It's been fun but now it's almost over.

The rules are very simple this round. Just vote for your favorite character. You only get to vote once so make sure you click the right character before submit. Once you do, it's done. Please be sure to post here as to whether or not you enjoyed these rounds of threads, what you would have had done differently, if you ever want to do this again and any other comments regarding this game. Also, please let me know if you want to have a favorite anime character thread or not. If so, when.

Thanks to everyone who had a part of this chain of threads. I've had a lot of fun and couldn't have done it without all of you. Give yourself a pat on the back. :^^: I hope you all have learned a little about characters you've never heard of and possibly are searching for that certain manga now to read.

Without further ado, let's meet our candidates!

Urahara from Bleach

Urahara is a character that helps his comrades in their time of need. He is always lending a hand to Ichigo and his friends to train or assisting them into the Soul Society and the Hueco Mundo. Urahara has a very playful side to him but don't think he can't get serious. He can be intimidating when he needs to be. However, he remains cool under pressure.

Vampyreshoujo has this to say about him:

"You never see him overreact or get angry. I love those little glimpses of just how powerful he really is."

Rally from Gunsmith Cats

Rally is a very clever character. She changed her name from Irene to Rally, a more androgynous name, to get more clients that wouldn't hire a female bounty hunter. At the tender age of 19, she became an unsurpassed marksman and a incredible gunsmith.

Penguinton had this to say about her:

"She can drive accurately at speeds well over 100 mph and never misses a shoot. And she can do both exceptionally well whether she's fully clothed or not."

Konata from Lucky Star

Konata is a genuine otaku ready to do what ever it takes to get the job done. She has the three great characteristics of love, passion and honor.

RoboFlonne had this is say about her:

"Unwavering dedication to what she loves!"

Sasuke from Naruto

Sasuke has great confidence and determination. He is driven by revenge but learned to appreciate teamwork and friendship even though it kept him from the path he felt he must travel for his clan. He has a strong respect for his comrades even though it may come off like he doesn't since he's frequently mocking Naruto.

Lcatino had this to say about him:

"Sasuke is an interesting, complex character who though appears to be cold hearted, respects the values of family and friendship, and will go to any means in achieving his goals to protect these values."

Aido (Idol) from Vampire Knight

Aido is plain fun in a world of angsty vampires. He accepts himself for who and what he is and just enjoys being himself. He doesn't care what others think about him. He uses his looks and personality to get whatever he wants, which mostly includes candy and attention. Despite his carefree attitude, Aido is extremely loyal to the one he looks up to and follows.

Klet had this to say about him:

"Look at that hair! Does it make you want to tossle it?"

Kaname from Vampire Knight

Kaname has a true love and respect for Yuuki. He will do anything to make her happy. Even though it breaks his heart, he stands by and protects Zero for Yuuki because he knows that will truly make her happy.

Gonzai had this to say about him:

"I respect the fact that he believes that Zero can protect Yuuki when he is not around to do so himself. How many of us wish we had a partner that loved us unconditionally."

Zero from Vampire Knight

Zero is a very tragic character. All of his loved ones have been taken away from him but he's still able to display tenderness, loyalty and steadfastness.

Kathpatty had this to say about him:

"You just want to hug him and see him smile."

Kamui from X/1999

Kamui is a very complex character. As a youth, he was always a cheerful child playing with his two best friends, Fuma and Kotori. He was forced to leave Tokyo but returned several years later with a very different outlook on life wanting nothing to do with his former friends. This may appear cold to those who don't know Kamui but he really did it out of love. He wanted to protect his friends from the harm he was destined to face. Sadly without his knowledge, his friends were also being forced to face this destiny but in a tragically different way.

Duotrouble had this to say about Kamui:

"Seeing Kamui evolve from a normal youth to having the fate of the world on his shoulders is quite an experience. I can't image how I would handle that kind of pressure. Plus, he's such a pretty boy."

GO VOTE NOW! :)
Last edited by duotrouble on Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Penguinton
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Penguinton »

:) Oh I definitely enjoyed this game quite a bit and would be interested in participating in it again. :P What I'd have done differently? Perhaps put ads up for my character. :D Thanks for doing all this DT!
lcatino
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by lcatino »

Yay! That was fun! Thanks for all of your hard work DT! :D I'd love to do a Favorite Anime Character contest too. ^^
vampyreshoujo
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by vampyreshoujo »

Yes, thank you for all your time and work putting this together, DT! It's been fun. :D I would definitely like to do this again and can't think of anything that should've been done differently. :bow2:

Now...

Who to vote for... hmmm...

/hmm :P
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Thanks

Post by kathpatty »

Had a lot of fun, thanks so much for your hard work Duotrouble :D
I voted of course

Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

Thanks DT - I enjoyed this. I was also surprised
to see 3 characters from Vampire Knight make it
to the finals. That really says alot for the manga!! :o
Should be interesting to see how it all pans out in the
end. :)
samiamew
Kamisama - God

Post by samiamew »

Question:

When does the poll end??
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

samiamew wrote:When does the poll end??
Whoops! X| Sorry about that. My first post was so long I forgot to add that. :^^:

I set the poll for 7 days. You can do the math. :P

What would I have done differently? I would have contacted everyone to get their pics and answers privately. Then, I would have made that last week be "meet the candidates". And then finally, just the poll. Why? Because I don't think anyone is really reading about the characters now. :roll: Ah well, you live and you learn. :wink:

It's been a blast! 8)

And in the event of a tie, we will have a run off that's also poll oriented. :wink:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
jenn-b
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by jenn-b »

Fantastic! I abosolutely love this whole thing. Everyone is so passionate about their characters!! It's nice to see all of the love!! And thank you for all of your hard work DT! I know that I appreciate it!

Once a Bleach Whore...always a Bleach Whore

"Looks like you're on the ass end of an ass-kickin'" the All-Powerful Bender
Grico
Kamisama - God

Post by Grico »

Put in my vote for Rally. Vote early! Vote Often!

animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

Thanks for all of your hard work DT! It was lots of fun. It's interesting the characters that dropped off in the end and who made it through. I think the campaigning made the difference. It'll be interesting to see who comes out on top.
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
Ronin
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ronin »

God, I've been away for a about a week and where has Kenshin gone..?? :roll: :roll:

Top marks for all the effort you've put into it thought DT.
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

that was alot of fun! :D
Thanks for all your hard work, DT! :yourock:
Baylor
Snarky Chick

Post by Baylor »

animeobsessed wrote:I think the campaigning made the difference. It'll be interesting to see who comes out on top.
You mean the annoying PMs and IMs from Gonzai begging for votes?