Zero - Vampire Knight
7%
Kamui - X/1999
13%

Total votes: 72

miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

Gonzai wrote:Holy cow!! 8O I am amazed that Kaname is winning!
I voted for him. I originally voted for him, but he got so many votes that I didn't think he needed my support. So, I backed the less loved characters who needed my support more.
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

Oh, no! Poor Aido only has one vote! 8O

Come on, people! Down with main characters!!!!

Gonzai wrote:I was also surprised
to see 3 characters from Vampire Knight make it
to the finals. That really says alot for the manga!! :o
Even though my only character left is from VK, I have my own opinion on why so many characters from the manga have made it to the finals. It's an opinion that really has nothing to do with the contest, so I think I'll just keep it to myself. :emb
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Yeah, I feel bad for Aido. He would have had my vote but I had to go with Kamui.

Also, if everything goes well, we have about 2 1/2 days left for voting. It should end sometime on Saturday since that's when I started the thread last weekend. But regardless, I'll post the final results in this thread for the official winner Saturday night. (Hey, I'm not going anywhere with no gas.)

Good luck to all! 8)
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by kira »

i like zero and kaname but i picked...

adiou!

the dork is made of love.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

We should be approaching the final 24 hours of this poll. If I'm reading my clock right, we're at 27 hours right now but I'll be busy when the official 24 hours hit. :wink:

Good luck and go vote! 8)
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Ahhh

Post by kathpatty »

Hey, Sasuke and Urahara....it seems the manga pictures did no good /wah /sob /wah
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

hey KP, that really wasn't very nice, I dont think that's what this was about..... :roll:
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

laugh

Post by kathpatty »

Just joking.....
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Pity

Post by kathpatty »

Thought I would try for some pity points......... :l
irmgaard
Senpai - Elder

Post by irmgaard »

But now that we have peoples’ eyes Image

We have a forum for discussing characters which have given us so many hours of enjoyment… :D
And also, an excuse to have fun posting pictures! :wink:

All of my nominees and seconds are gone :l , as well as several other favorites. But from among the current candidates… /hmm
Since I posted my favorite pic of him last thread, here are the ones where I think Urahara looks…

The most attractive:

Showcasing his masculinity Image and his menace,

as he delivers "words of wisdom"… /gg

And the most character encapsulating:

Um, Err, I think it’s that all knowing, wistful smile, Image but it’s really impossible to find one image

to completely express a character that combines Image Robespierre,

Philip Nolan, Image Dr. Frankenstein, Image

and.......... King Kai! :crackup Image

And theeeeennnnnn...

Image melds this with a big dose of sarcastic, self deprecating humor! :crazy
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

That's it! Game over! And the winner is . . . Kaname from Vampire Knight! :woot: :yay :woot: :yay

It was quite a battle back and forth between a few characters. There were even rounds where things did not look too good for the fate of Kaname. But somehow, he persevered. It just shows you that every vote counts. :wink:

Thanks so much to all who played along! :ghug: And to all of you who just submitted your anonymous vote this time, why not join the fun in the other rounds too? :) No one will attack you for your votes. I won't let them. :)

To Gonzai:

CONGRATS!!!

Kata
Sakabatō Sheath

Post by Kata »

Congrats to all that voted for Kaname!

Now my question is, if we do this again can't we include only characters that have finished Manga (if the shorter then 10 volumes) and/or more the more then 10 volumes? Reason I ask is due to that some characters you really don't know how they end up and it's hard to say if a character is a favorite right before the end of a manga that is short due to the cliffhangers.
For instance, Zero has been my favorite character since Vampire Knight came out few years ago, but right now I'm not sure about him due to where the Manga is at. Kaname is also one of my favorite characters, but same with him at this time due to the mangaka getting close to the ending and things that happend I'm not sure about him either. (can't wait for the Manga to finish for the answers of the questions I got) Sasuke pretty much I have my mind set due to how many volumes of Manga are out, same with Urahara, and some others that ended up in the finishing round. But it's due to how the character developed over time and also how it finished. A manga that has less then 10 Volumes out and isn't finished yet you can't really say if somebody is a favorite character or not due to the character didn't really develope yet. Now there are Manga that end short, but that's why I say either finished Manga or more then 10 volumes.
I'm glad that several of my characters made it to the end (including Zero, Sasuke etc), but I think that there should be something set of a finished Manga or also long enough Manga (enough volumes out to know a character) that you know how the characters developed over time and knowing that you really like a character.
Anyway it's just a idea for if you do this again. It was fun either way! ^_^
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

:o :o YEA KANAME!!! :o :o and a great big Thank You to DT for all the effort, it was a blast!! :D :D
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Interesting idea, Kata. But no, I like to keep games like this easy. As long as they are a character that appeared in at least one chapter of a manga, they are eligible. :) People like me can play that way since there are very few manga I've actually read. :^^:
Kata
Sakabatō Sheath

Post by Kata »

duotrouble wrote:Interesting idea, Kata. But no, I like to keep games like this easy. As long as they are a character that appeared in at least one chapter of a manga, they are eligible. :) People like me can play that way since there are very few manga I've actually read. :^^:
No problem! I know what you mean with only reading a few manga. I used to watch lots of anime and read very little Manga. Nowadays I read more Manga then watching anime.

But for picking a favorite character you gotta know the character I thought?!? How can you decide if it is a favorite Manga character? One chapter is not really much to decide if you like a character or not. ^^;;

It was fun and thanks for your work DT. ^_^

Edit: spelling and sentences!