Code Geass Manga finally out

All the Anime that's fit to print.....in serialized novels
Goldknight
RULER

Code Geass Manga finally out

Post by Goldknight »

I see that onemanga finally has Code Geass so hopefully we can see how the story differs from the anime ending.
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

I wonder if the manga will settle the debate as to whether
Lelouch is dead or alive?
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

I hope so. I'm already seeing subtle differences in the manga from the anime so I love it. It's like watching/reading a new series. :)
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest

duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Cool, I know what I'll be looking for this weekend to read. :D
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

Does anyone know if it was written before the anime?

All the manga that I've read, that were written after the anime, haven't been as good as I hoped.
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

I have to say.....I'm halfway through chapter 3 and it's been totally different from the series. I remember someone saying that the manga came first and that's why the creator was not happy with the anime ending. Something about feeling rushed to end the series so they had to change the storyline. I just can't believe how different the manga is already. 8O

jcaliff
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by jcaliff »

If it's the version that runs in Asuka monthly, then it's not finished yet afaik (I'm about a month behind Japan releases), and didn't start until after the anime.
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

How can you tell the difference between releases?

jcaliff

Post by jcaliff »

I don't know about the US version. I only know that there are multiple Japanese manga, kind of like how there are multiple versions of Escaflowne. The only one I've read at all is the Asuka version, which I'm actually a while behind reading, but I'm fairly sure is still running (I pick up the manga constantly but save it up and read all at once). I know I'm still getting furoku, that's for sure. I'll check the most recent issue I have when I get home tonight (in class right now).
jcaliff

Post by jcaliff »

Here we go. The Asuka monthly version of the manga currently running is called "Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion: Majiko!" The September 2008 issue is a comic side-story, but a new story is supposed to pick up in October issue that I don't have yet. There are, as of the September issue, five volumes of the manga tankouban under the Asuka Comics DX label. I have no idea how it relates to the anime since I haven't seen the anime yet. :)
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

Ok. I found both versions as well. The original version it titled exactly like the anime. The second version is titled Code Geass: Nunnally's Nightmare. I'm reading both for difference. So far Nunnally's Nightmare has been an interesting twist on things.

duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Yeah, I'm reading Code Geass: Nunnally's Nightmare. I'll have to look for the other one too. :)

:woot: More Code Geass! :woot: