So what is everyone reading lately?

All the Anime that's fit to print.....in serialized novels
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Re: So what is everyone reading lately?

Post by ReiTheJelly »

iwakuralain16 wrote:I have been reading the re-released version of Sailor Moon and Sailor V!
I have been very tempted to pick up the new release of Sailor Moon and Sailor V, too. But then I'm not sure what I'd do with all my current manga (because it was so hard to find in the US ~15 years ago, I have various SM manga in English, French, Chinese, & Japanese!)
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kathpatty »

Is anyone reading '7 seeds' by Yumi TAMURA / The same manga artist that gave us Basara?
I have never cried so much (and laughed- as is in her style of drawing)in a manga :l
....I guess it is apocalyptic

I would encourage the fans of Basara
http://www.mangatraders.com/manga/series/347
A Man Who Views The World The Same At Fifty As He Did At Twenty Has Wasted Thirty Years Of His Life. - Muhammad Ali
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

ReiTheJelly wrote:I have been very tempted to pick up the new release of Sailor Moon and Sailor V, too. But then I'm not sure what I'd do with all my current manga (because it was so hard to find in the US ~15 years ago, I have various SM manga in English, French, Chinese, & Japanese!)
Well, I did it anyway. I picked up the current re-released of Sailor Moon in English. I'm a bit disappointed that they chose new cover art; it doesn't look as good (or as high quality) to me. But I'm enjoying comparing the 1st release to this new one. :)
Melle
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Melle »

Haven't really picked up too much reading wise due to my dislexia, buuut, Genbu Kaiden is one of the few I'm reading, Sgt. Frog is another and the Disney Fairies....(Don't laugh now the last one took me by surprise with how good it was too!)
aaronindhouse

Post by aaronindhouse »

Right now I've been reading

Bleach
One piece(my favorite manga of all time)
Naruto(of course)
Beelzebub(love this series so much!)
Cage of Eden(actually a really good series that took me by surprise)
High school of the dead
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kathpatty »

Beelzebub- love the anime...
Thanks aaronindhouse I will check out the manga
A Man Who Views The World The Same At Fifty As He Did At Twenty Has Wasted Thirty Years Of His Life. - Muhammad Ali
Thanatos
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Thanatos »

I've been reading a manga that I found by chance called "Another" and which seems to be adapted from a novel. It's kind of creepy (or at least for me. I'm quite impressionable I think :)).
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Of the manga I've started lately, I've enjoyed these the most:

Big Order
Kono S wo, Mi yo! ----------------- weird premise, but it actually got pretty interesting later on
Sengoku Strays -------------------- I was a bit put off by the shoujo-like wacky SD humor, but the story has been building up pretty well so far

Ongoing manga that I've enjoyed the most reading lately:

Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai --- this feels like something that would get animated some day
Last Inning
Ratman ----------------------------- Dark hero is trying to make his impact!
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia ------ anime coming out in April!
Tokyo ESP
To Love-Ru Darkness -------------- Tearju Lunatique appears (from the mangaka's former Black Cat manga)
World God Only Knows
Gwisin Byeolgok -------------------- too bad this is a manhwa. I don't think it's going to get much attention
Ashita Dorobou
Okujou Hime ----------------------- so many thoughts are running through her head
Carnivorous Princess Yegrinna ---- this has been getting good lately :D
Tower of God ------------------------ (web comic) Arc Two is just beginning
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

Ones I am currently reading

Kekkaishi
A Brides Story
Dance in the Vampire Bund
Index
Railgun
Negima
Koi Neko
Narue no Sekai (the world of Narue)

I have found a couple of new ones I have started
Sankarea - A boy saves a girls life by turning her into a Zombie but now has to deal with helping her retain her humanity.
Umi No Misaki - By Kou Fumazuki who did Ai Yori Aoshi - A boy goes to live on an Island where his mother was born after being raised in Tokyo and finds out he is looked upon as the re-incarnation of there island's Dragon God.

I have also been reading the Spice & Wolf light novels as well as the ones from Shakugan no Shana.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Not much change....though, non-manga wise, I just finished reading 1Q84. As long as you like books where each chapter alternates between two-three characters, it's not a bad book.

Manga-wise (new titles in bold) -

Kurobara Alice
Vampire Knight
Skip Beat!
Bleach
Barajou no Kiss
Blue Exorcist
Akuma to Love Song (Devil & Her Love Song)
Addicted to Curry
Switch Girl!!
Kokou no Hito
Liar Game
Mangaka to Assistant-san
Magico
Enigma
Shinobi Life
Alyosha
Ikigami
Holyland
Two Flowers for the Dragon
Black Bird
Sugar Dark
Wolf Guy -Ookami no Monshou
Kurogane
Sailor Moon
Oresama Teacher

Manwha-wise -

Nobelesse
Dear My Girls
Bride of the Water God
Deliquent Cinderella
Absolute Witch
Fairytale for the Demon King
Thanatos
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Thanatos »

I've been reading quite a lot of manga recently:

- Iris Zero: sympathic, the first volume has just been published here.
- Defense Devil: the first 20 chapters are good, the rest not so much (I've heard the manga was canceled).
- Deadman Wonderland
- Code:breaker: typical shonen, some characters are quite interesting.
- Tower of God: as Keropi has said, it's a web comic, but for a web comic, I find it very well made, and the perspectives are numerous.
- Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa: scenario funny and interesting, but the end sucks. Really.
- Claymore: I'm curious to see the rest.

And a few others :).
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I liked Sankarea when it first began, but I wasn't so much into it later. The new characters and storyline wasn't much to my liking unfortunately. But the TV series is supposed to come out in April. Maybe I'll like the TV series and OVA more.

Iris Zero is pretty good. I'm glad someone else here is reading it. I heard the mangaka might have only planned on a short run of stories, but because it got so popular he is extending it. That's why not much has been happening storywise for so long. A new story arc might finally be starting again though. It's going to be hard to top the last story arc however. It was so sad and yet evil at the same time. I liked that aspect of it. The character dynamics are great.

Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa -- He just doesn't have much luck ending stories well does he? I liked Pretty Face so much and then the manga got cancelled and/or abruptly ends. Then MxO started out well and he lost focus on what made the story interesting and it got cancelled. Then Kagami no Kuni ends abruptly too (apparently by his own choosing). It makes me feel like not even starting on his stories.

I'm glad you're reading Tower of God too. That was quite an ending to Part One of the story. It was kind of depressing! :(

The World God Only Knows has been pretty action filled lately. It's all building up toward the ending. After 176 chapters...I can finally see the ending! :D

I've been enjoying "Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha" lately. It's got a nice mix of comedy and romance going on. I've been reading Accel World in anticipation of the anime coming out in April. Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko chap. 8 was pretty good. The story overall has got a nice heart to it. It reminds me a little of Mayo Chiki with all the characters having their psychological issues to deal with. Last Inning is finally explaining the coach's past background. Maga-Tsuki has been a fun romantic harem manga. Anagle Mole has pretty weird humor and character powers, but I expected nothing less from the Law of Ueki creator. :P
Thanatos
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Thanatos »

About Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa, I've heard too that the end of the manga was made according the autor volition. However, the manga was trusting the last places in the Jump magazine. So... Some people may like the end, but I've always hated what we may call "open ends". I prefer ones that are clear, with no more possibilities... In other words, a real end :).

About the Tower of God... Well, the most exciting part is coming, and seeing the last chapters, many things have changed a lot :D.

I've been reading Sankarea too, and I find at least the concept interesting... even if I'm not at all a zombie fan :).
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Hey! I didn't know that Miki Yoshikawa (Yankee-kun to Megane-chan) had that new manga coming out:

http://myanimelist.net/manga/35003/Yama ... in_no_Majo

Heck, I didn't even know that Yankee-kun to Megane-chan had finished. Shows how well I was keeping up with that manga. Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo has a lot off similarities to Yankee-kun to Megane-chan.The characters have the same crazy facial expressions too. :D

Boukyaku no Haou Rolan chapter 9 was pretty good. I've only read nine chapters so far, but because the chapters are so long it feels like I've read twenty five chapters. Looks like it's time to chew bubblegum. I almost feel sorry for what will happen to the bad guys. 8O Lol
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kathpatty »

Uggggh !!! :l
Reading Hunger Games and missed out on bidding on an auction I wanted !