Manga you want turned into anime

All the Anime that's fit to print.....in serialized novels
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

I’m not sure any…

If I see a show first and read the manga second I usually enjoy the manga. But when I read the manga first and then watch the show I’m usually disappointed. I feel like I wouldn’t be happy if I saw my favorite mangas animated….
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

That's how it has usually been going with me. I used to hear about people complaining about manga-to-anime adaptions all the time, but now I have a better idea of what they're talking about.

I might like a manga because I could easily skip through the silly or annoying scenes. I don't have to worry about a character's voice not sounding right. If a manga adaption is too precise it can become boring to those who already know what's going to happen, but if the anime producers make something up those scenes are rarely as good as the manga's. The artwork is usually better in the manga too. The characters lose something because the anime has to simplify their appearance.

I can't think of too many times when I read the manga first, enjoyed it and then liked the anime as much or a little more.
Quacker
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Quacker »

I am patiently waiting (praying?) for an anime adaption of the middle & final chapters (including the side-stories) of the Full Metal Panic universe. The last series, 'The Second Raid' left me with the feeling that there were more things to yet to come.....not really achieving any closure.
The remainder of the FMP story is just ripe for an anime-conversion; with a progressively darker storyline and escalating mecha battles culiminating in a massive all-in battle and a final confrontation, betrayals, twists and revelations still to come.
All up, depending how the studio decides to pace the anime, it could easily fill another two or three full series, for the main storyline plus many more 'Fumoffu' type side-stories are still available for another Fumoffu series.
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

Re: Manga you want turned into anime

Post by kira »

i havent really read much manga in a while. though i would like +anime and count cain to be amde into an anime.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I wish they'd adapt "Witch Hunter" into an anime. I've been enjoying the manwha recently.

But I haven't heard anything about it selling well and being popular in Japan so I guess that's out. One reason I like it is because they guys are often fighting female characters. And that doesn't happen too often. Mangaka's usually make their characters fight their own gender. :D
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

More Skip Beat please!!
BeautifulAlone
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by BeautifulAlone »

Lunatix!!!

Especially if they kept the cast from the drama CD which included Tomokazu Seki and Koyasu Takehito, they obviously have chemistry and were awesome in the dramatic!! :D And still had Kazuya Nishioka doing the music ( Mind Dive / Weiss kreuz !). Hee... :^^:

Lunatix isn't well known, but keeper here has a page for it at MyAnimeList: http://myanimelist.net/manga/20270/Lunatix
"Like a lonely flower, I wilt a bit. Like a lonely star, I bathe in the evening light. Then with a blank face keep murmuring to someone,
'Ah, I'm not lonely...'"
Promethium
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Promethium »

Off the top of my head...

Saint Oniisan (Saint Young Men) - Um, who doesn't want to see Buddha and Jesus living in a tiny apartment in Tokyo together?

Jisatsutou (Suicide Island) - Would love to see this animated but I doubt it ever will. Maybe a live action version?

Terumae Romae (Terumae Romae) - It's friggin hilarious.

Shingeki No Kyojin (Advance of the Giants) - One of my favorite newer manga series. The books aren't coming out fast enough.

I Am A Hero (I am a Hero) - I need another Zombie anime fix.

Otoyome Gatari (A Bride's Story) - Just plain stunning.

Claymore (Claymore) - Pick up where it left off! I'd be more than happy to pretend the anime version ending ever happened.

Ooku (Ooku: The Inner Chambers) - If they can make a live action movie, they can make an anime.

And a ton of stuff from the 80s/90s! :D
AerynAerie
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by AerynAerie »

hmm....on the sorta ancient side...I think I would love to see them turn the entirety of Angel Sanctuary into anime, Count Kain, or any other of Kaori Yuki's works ^_^
From something new I'd have to say Gundam W: Frozen Teardrop
In which Relena is the bad guy and Duo has a son named Duo who looks carbon-copied, Zechs cuts off all his beautiful hair and Treize gets some more family members.