Luck Stealer
Onikiri-sama wa Hakoiri Musume
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
Last Inning
Teiden Shoujo to Hanemushi no Orchestra
Iris Zero
Break Blade
Shinigamisama ni Saigo no Onegai wo

I've been enjoying these manga lately and wondering what others might be thinking of them.

Iris Zero is getting dark. Break Blade is just like the anime. Teiden Shoujo to Hanemushi no Orchestra is pretty sweet. Karakuri Odette has a nice storyline and it's pretty funny sometimes. Last Inning is fun. Tasogare Otome x Amnesia is pretty good too. Onikiri-sama wa Hakoiri Musume is getting better. Sometimes it slightly reminds me of the spirit of Calvin and Hobbs because of some of the things they do even if the subject matter is completely different.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Sometimes I wonder what the ratio between active watchers of anime and active readers of manga are?

Maybe 4.5 to 1?

It's a decent sized ratio at any rate. Well I suppose with manga another reason it's more difficult is because there is more manga than anime. So the chances of someone being exposed to the same thing are reduced further.
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

I'm not reading any of those but I am a lot more active with reading new manga than watching new anime.

I don't stay current with new anime at all. I pretty much only watch a show if a friend specifically points it out to me and tells me to watch it. Or if I'm at a con and catch a screening and think it's worth watching more of.

I do still regularly go to the book store though and scan the manga shelves for new titles I haven't seen before. If one looks interesting from reading the back and flipping through it I'll take a risk and buy it. I'm not sure why I'm so much more inclined to read manga than watch shows. Manga was my first introduction to anime. And I have a very easily distracted attention span, it's easier for me to stay focused when I'm reading than watching TV for some reason.
crackpot27
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!
Location: My GPS is telling me to turn and there is no road...

Post by crackpot27 »

Karakuri Odette is one I'm reading, but I find myself going in and out on it. It's got a really cute story, but since it sticks with mostly the laid back comedy side I occasionally stop and come back. But I do always come back so I guess that says something good about it :^^:

As for the manga vs anime, I read more manga, but that's partly because the manga almost always goes more in depth that the anime, that and after just reading a series I'm in no mood to watch the anime (there some cases where I can both read and watch at the same time, but for the most part I like some space between the two 8)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Yeah, there are some nice manga stories out there. I wasn't into manga much before. I still like anime more, but sometimes I prefer how the story was handled in the manga over the anime. I guess it's easier to skip over the annoying parts of a manga, but in anime the annoying parts usually stick out more. In a manga I don't hear the seiyuu yelling her head off for example. :)

Sometimes the anime is better than the anime. I thought that was the case for the beginning of Fortune Arterial. But often if I read the manga first and liked it I find that I don't like the anime as much. I guess in those cases the manga painted a better picture in my mind's eye. I liked the fights in the Freezing manga better, but that was because I was exposed to the manga first and because the manga is more brutal.
crackpot27 wrote:Karakuri Odette is one I'm reading, but I find myself going in and out on it. It's got a really cute story, but since it sticks with mostly the laid back comedy side I occasionally stop and come back. But I do always come back so I guess that says something good about it :^^:
I know what you mean. The story itself seems to go back and forth. In some chapters little happens while others have a much nicer feel and end well.