Tower of God

All the Anime that's fit to print.....in serialized novels
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Tower of God

Post by Keropi »

Chapters 35-55 Hide and Seek game and its aftermath SPOILERS :

He really planned it out. 8O
Chapter 55 showed that Koon planned way ahead of the Hide and Seek game in order to send Baam up the Tower and to keep him and Lahel apart. He went so far as to have his own team lose to do it. That was quite a strategy he had.
Thanatos
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Re: Tower of God

Post by Thanatos »

The last chapter of Tower of God (vol. 2, chapter 11) is really good :).
I love how SIU sets games with wonderful rules. It sure is gonna be funny :D.
And Baam seems to be now a real scary one. Strong enought to defeat the ranker ?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Vol 2 Chapter 11:
Yeah, Baam appears to be pretty disillusioned based off what happened to him in volume one of the story. Now he just wants to take out the royal family and end it all.

Should be interesting to see how this new game will work. Baam seems monstrously powerful now. The strange part was when he got affected by those earlier weapons he came up against. I wonder why those affected him?
Thanatos
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Thanatos »

Keropi wrote:Vol 2 Chapter 11:
Yeah, Baam appears to be pretty disillusioned based off what happened to him in volume one of the story. Now he just wants to take out the royal family and end it all.

Should be interesting to see how this new game will work. Baam seems monstrously powerful now. The strange part was when he got affected by those earlier weapons he came up against. I wonder why those affected him?
I'm pretty sure that is because Baam tought they were the same shinsoo bombs as before. But in fact, they were just normal bombs. Baam has a monstrous resistance to shinsoo, but not against ordinary physical attacks.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Ah, that makes sense then. :)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Wah...chapter 17 of the second volume was a good one!
A lot of stuff happened! Viole is pulling out special movies on his foe and the guy comes back from the dead. Yeon got possessed.

It's getting pretty crazy now. :D
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Tower of God has a good story. It's kind of too bad it's a web comic and not a manga because I can't place it on my list. I think it's actually better than 80% of the manga I'm reading now. I read that the original creator is pretty happy that his web comic is being translated into different languages:

Batoto has it here:
http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/tower-of-god-r1

Original Korean webcomic is here:
http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list.nhn ... eekday=mon

It's got funny and sad parts. It's got parts that make you speculate and think. I can see how the story is coming together after the last chapter. It's pretty interesting how much Baam's gone through so far. Tower of God is about an adventure about climbing the Tower, but the story is so much more than that. I look forward to reading the new phase of the story that's just about to begin. /no1
Thanatos
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Thanatos »

Wow... The latest part of the story was really good 8O.
Now we have the confirmation that this monstrous guy is Mazino, and SiU tells us that a big part is about to begin. Baam too begins to be quite powerful. What I'm really looking for is the arrival (even if I don't know when or even if they will really appear) of Phantaminum and Enryu.
And I can't but agree with Keropi: Tower of God is far better than many manga. Just give it a try ;).
Thanatos
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Thanatos »

And season 2 ends finally. I think the author will take a break. The third part will doubtless be awesome :).
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I look forward to seeing the earlier characters show up again at some point down the line. :)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Tower of God webcomic Volume 2 chapter 43:

Now that was a poignant chapter about Horyang. It kind of brought a tear to my eye. :)
Can't wait for those guys to meet each other again. It'll probably be quite a while from now though.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Volume 2 chapter 49 (webcomic):

That was a pretty cool chapter with Viole. The big moment has arrived. I can't wait for next Sunday to find out what will happen.
Viole beat those guys up pretty easily in the fight. Now Viole meets up with Koon. Or will he?
I wanted to vote for Tower of God in the Anime News Network poll of favorite webcomic, but it didn't have any option to vote for it there. :(
Killua
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Killua »

This comic is so awesome. :bow :bow :bow
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Wow, that last chapter was pretty good. It took 133 or 134 chapters to get to this point. Everything in the story built up to this moment right here. It's a great time to jump on board now because if you encounter a slow chapter you can always just skip ahead to the next one since there are so many chapters of the webcomic out now.

Minor Spoiler:
This chapter was called "A Wager" and I can't wait to see what he's going to try to pull off in the tournament!
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

The Tower of God webcomic is on it's 89th chapter and it's going very well right now!

It reminds me of Babylon Five and that awesome Giniro ren'ai game in the way that all those small separate stories came together. You can see what all those seemingly mundane events at the beginning of the story were all about. It's great. :cry: