All the Anime that's fit to print.....in serialized novels
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

A Bride's Story

Post by JWR »

A Bride's story by Kaoru Mori
http://www.animecornerstore.com/brstbgrno.html
I bought this 1st volume for Maria after reading several great reviews. The story is very good but the artwork is 5 stars on par with some of the best I have ever seen.
We can't wait till November for the next book.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Cordelia
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Re: A Bride's Story

Post by Cordelia »

Thanks for the recommendation! :) I will definitely pick it up when I have the chance. It's not often when a manga is set in Central Asia, which is a pity.
JWR

Re: A Bride's Story

Post by JWR »

Got vol #2 delivered over the weekend and the art is still at a very high level which is good to see. The story progesses well from the 1st volume.

The detail of a lot of the drawings in both volumes show the time and effort the artist put into it. With the 1st volume involving a visit to a woodworker's shop and in the second in which the ladies of the village explain the meanings of all the embroidery that has been passed down through the families.

I do look forward to the next volume even though I would guess it will not be out till April or May 2012
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison