XBlade

All the Anime that's fit to print.....in serialized novels
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

XBlade

Post by Gonzai »

Has anyone here read this?? If so, is it worth starting??
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: XBlade

Post by Keropi »

I read 32 of the 49 chapters before dropping it. I liked the beginning, but the pacing slowed down tremendously once it got to around chapter 25 or so.

It was like each chapter was only taking a few minutes of real time. I wanted the story to move on to something more interesting, but it just stalled at that point. The mangaka might have wanted to drag out those long fights, but I wasn't interested in the constant string of fights. I wanted to learn more about the main storyline. I wonder if the manga got cancelled or if it was supposed to end where it did. At the rate the story was going, I would have thought the story was supposed to be a lot longer than 49 chapters. Maybe it lost its audience and the reader rankings tanked. :D

I liked the artwork.
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

Thanks for your input. Doesn't sound like it was too popular, since
I only got one response. It was the artwork that got me interested,
but it is the storyline that would keep me interested. If that isn't
any good, then I may decide against it. >_<
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

After looking into it some more, supposedly there's a sequel to "XBlade" called "XBlade Cross". I can't find much on it however. I'm not sure if "XBlade Cross" is even focusing on the same characters as the first manga series. It could be a prequel series. :shrug

Yeah, the artwork was nice. I liked the fighting scenes until the pacing slowed to a crawl. Maybe if I had 15-20 straight chapters of fighting and I could skim through them all at one time I wouldn't mind. But having to wait so long to read between chapters just made me forget what the previous chapters were about. I even forgot what the character's motivations were. :D