old issues of Ultra Jump for OLS?

All the Anime that's fit to print.....in serialized novels
KT
Yosutebito - Hermit

old issues of Ultra Jump for OLS?

Post by KT »

Hi,

From what I've read, apparently the last four chapters of the Outlaw Star manga was not ever compiled to be the 4th volume of the manga series (only 3 volumes are available). My question to everyone (and anyone) is, is it possible to find back issues of Ultra Jump from between 1996-1999 (that is when OLS was in the magazine). I've tried doing searches on Rinkya, but I haven't been able to have a search for any Ultra Jump. I guess I don't know how to use the search engine very well?

Anyways, if anyone knows more about searching for them, or the OLS manga (or just your thoughts on the manga series itself!), let me know! :D
Promethium
Eiyuu - Hero

Re: old issues of Ultra Jump for OLS?

Post by Promethium »

If you're ever in Tokyo and just want to read them, you can definitely find copies at Meiji University's Yoshihiro Yonezawa Memorial Library of Manga & Subculture - they have pretty much every manga mag dating way back and it's open to the public for a small admission fee.

http://www.meiji.ac.jp/manga/english/yonezawa_lib/

Their new and improved manga library, Tokyo International Manga Library is currently under construction and will be completed (hopefully) in 2014.

http://www.meiji.ac.jp/manga/english/

Off topic, but it seems like they're also building up an animation cel/sketch collection in the meantime for their the new library! They have one photo up and they have Ghibli, Sailor Moon(?) and some other stuff. Can't wait to see what else they have. It's great to see a prestigious place like Meiji U. recognize cels/sketches as a form of art and not just some post-production junk! Maybe we'll see more collectors join the hobby in the near future when it opens.

Guess I know where my cels are going if I die and none of my family members want them (^_^;)
KT
Yosutebito - Hermit

Re: old issues of Ultra Jump for OLS?

Post by KT »

Ah! Thank you so much for the information! :) Now I just need to get to Japan :P