What manga have you stayed true to?

All the Anime that's fit to print.....in serialized novels
Goldknight
RULER

What manga have you stayed true to?

Post by Goldknight »

I'm referring to those that were made into anime series and then continued on. For example, Inuyasha. The series ended, but the manga continued. Are there ones that you saw through to the end? Any that are still being released? Was it worth it?
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Re: What manga have you stayed true to?

Post by JWR »

Kekkaishi was one that comes to mind that they only animated about a 1/3rd of the series but also skipped over some important parts that were fleshed out in the manga, they also rewrote a different ending to that story arc that bugged me a lot. The manga story is much more engaging andjust recently ended with issue #35.

Not on the manga front but I have picked up several light novel series that continued stories that have not been animated past the 1st few books.
Spice & Wolf , Haruhi , the Monogatari series (though they have now animated several stories for this summer anime season).
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
kamidake
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by kamidake »

There are quite a few for me, Fruits Basket has got to be the one that's most worth keep reading. The story developed so much after the anime ended. Really wish they would have made more.
"If ifs and buts are clusters and nuts, we'd all have a bowl of granola." -- Stephen Colbert
http://ix.rubberslug.com/
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kathpatty »

Bleach !
A Man Who Views The World The Same At Fifty As He Did At Twenty Has Wasted Thirty Years Of His Life. - Muhammad Ali
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

Inuyasha, Hikaru No Go and Absolute Boyfriend I read all the way through. I still stay up with Skip Beat and Naruto.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

That's never happened with me. Usually I become less interested in reading the manga after the anime comes out. In nearly all cases, the anime ends up going a lot further than where I read the manga. The anime gets it's own ending so it doesn't make me feel like continuing on with the story. I'd have to wait a long time before being able to catch up to where the anime ended anyway.

There are other manga I'm reading where the manga went past the anime, but the manga still hasn't ended for those - such as Railgun, To Love Ru Darkness and The World God Only Knows.

Maybe that'll happen for me when Tokyo ESP or Arpeggio of Blue Steel anime come out and the manga end.