One-Punch Man

All the Anime that's fit to print.....in serialized novels
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

One-Punch Man

Post by Keropi »

Is anyone else reading the "One Punch Man" manga or the original (very simply drawn) web comic "ONE"? The web comic is way ahead of the manga. The web comic began July 2009 while the manga started June 2012.

It's pretty funny and it's generating a lot of discussion. It's about a superhero who trained and became so powerful that he could end fights with one punch.

Being so powerful has its drawbacks. He lacked challenges so he became lackadaisical and unenthusiastic. Unfortunately he lost all his hair so he's bald too. He's extremely powerful but people look at him and can't take him seriously. He doesn't get recognition for what he does.

Anyone reading this? It seems popular enough to get its own anime someday.

Chapter 25 of the manga was only 12 pages long. :(
Killua
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Re: One-Punch Man

Post by Killua »

Yeah, I've been reading it and enjoying it greatly, although the shortness of the chapters at times is sad. :( I had no idea it was based on a webcomic, going to have to go check it out.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

The original web comic is here in case you haven't found it yet. They've been translating it at a rapid pace:

http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/on ... -one-r9123

I'm going to have to catch up on that. I think I've read chapters 32-45 of the web comic. I didn't save the earlier link that I had. It's not the easiest title to find with it being "ONE".
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

The original web comic chapter 73:

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/185277/one ... _anonymous
The S-Class heroes are just about out of it now. The monsters are winning. King is trying to intimidate the remaining monsters based only on his reputation (since in reality he has no fighting ability).

I wonder when Saitama is going to show up? They haven't even shown him for awhile in the web comic. It's time for him to show up and defeat the monsters while only his friends are looking. Then Saitama will NOT get credit again for something that he did. ^_^;;