Yoko Taro's "Thou Shalt Not Die"

All the Anime that's fit to print.....in serialized novels
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Yoko Taro's "Thou Shalt Not Die"

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

This is just a brief introduction to Yoko Taro's new manga series entitled "Kimi Shi ni Tamou Koto Nakare" aka "Thou Shalt Not Die".

I'm currently working on the scanlation production of this manga series, so if you're interested, please check it out! This is a solo-project of mine, so unlike other scanlation groups out there, I purchase the source material, scan, edit, translate, typeset, and upload everything myself. It may not be on par to some of the quality of other groups, but as a huge fan of Yoko Taro, this is a complete pleasure for me to do.

As far as the story goes, be warned! Yoko Taro is a master of getting you to care just long enough before shattering your heart. He is by far my favorite Japanese creator/writer.

In the future, supernatural powers not only exist but have become science fact. The “Special Abilities Private High School” is established in order to utilize students’ powers for the military. Students are roped onto the battlefield without knowing the meaning of the fight, whether it will save their lives…or spell their demise.
I've also uploaded these chapters to Batoto as well.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: Yoko Taro's "Thou Shalt Not Die"

Post by Keropi »

Oh, I just read the chapter three days ago! I am looking forward to reading that. :D
Though I always get a kick out of seeing the girls wearing their school uniforms while doing all that action stuff. ^_^

Well, that's pretty normal to see in anime and manga anyway.
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Yay! I'm excited to read more of this, even though the high school aged kids being forced into battle has been done before. xD

I'm a little disconcerted about how quickly my chapter spread to other manga websites after I uploaded it to Batoto... This was the first chapter where I was attempting to change the bubble order to the more Western style L-to-Right, but after some feedback from other readers, it appears as though most people are used to reading manga the Japanese way, anyway. I had no clue because...well...I normally don't read translated manga. xD I'm currently making some updates to the first chapter and will upload them to my site when I'm finished. I'm not sure if I'm even able to update the ones on Batoto...nor any of the other sites it's been added to.

Also...I get a giggle at all the sites using the image I designed. I don't care as long as they don't remove my watermark...but I also wrote the synopsis. Somebody said it came from Batoto...which it did...because I put it there. lol

You can find all my updates and notes on the manga here.

And you can find my chapter translations and the "ad" images I made for the site in the Image Gallery here. This is where I'll put any updates to the chapters. <3
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Yeah, there aren't a lot of manga with only college age and older main characters in it. Josei manga seem to have the most adult main characters in them.

It's funny how the same image will spread around the internet. I scanned the box of my Kakyuusei Japanese DVD and uploaded it to Anime News Network (maybe ten years ago). People took that image and uploaded it to several other sites that I ran across. There weren't a lot of images from it back then. I didn't even do a good job at manipulating the image. The color is way off.
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Yeah, I'm thinking I won't upload any more to those larger sites. It's was an interesting idea to make it available to people, but I don't have the patience for the ridiculous comments people make. I only started doing this because I'm a fan of the creator--I have little interest in being like other Scanlation groups with their quality. I do the best that I can by myself and for me that's good enough. If there are some people who appreciate what I've done, then good, but... ugh
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I notice there are a lot of insulting, put down comments in the manga commentary sections. I wouldn't even want to read comments if I was somehow involved in a translation group. So many petty complaints.

I rarely post on the mainstream anime and manga message boards anymore. I'm tired of the putdown comments I get back even when I say something that's completely innocuous. The anime comments I posted there aren't even half as strong as ones I post here. :P