Kimagure Orange Road Kickstarter

All the Anime that's fit to print.....in serialized novels
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Kimagure Orange Road Kickstarter

Post by cutiebunny »

I'm not sure if it's of interest to anyone, but DMP jus started a Kickstarter to release a new translation and omnibus edition of Izumi Matsumoto's famous manga.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/di ... ssic-manga

There are artwork tiers (albeit for the *low low price* of $1450) as well as other tchotchkes available such as a USB drive, a towel and the books itself. They plan to release all 18 volumes as six omnibuses in the form of stretch goal rewards.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: Kimagure Orange Road Kickstarter

Post by Keropi »

Neat stuff.

If I wasn't going to live in a humid region in the future, I might think about it.

I'd hate to get artwork and then watch it grow brown spots 5-10 years later. :emb
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Just change out your microchamber paper regularly and keep your A/C around 72 and you should be fine I haven't run into many moisture problems that haven't been fixed by changing out the microchamber paper.

FL is the land of 110% humidity ^_^

JD
Omnigeek

Post by Omnigeek »

I'm in on this KS with cutiebunny (in fact, her profile on Kickstarter was how I found A-B). It ends in 6 days -- may be your only chance in a LOOOOOONG time to get an offcially licensed localized print of KOR. This was an amazing manga and anime -- Madoka is frequently cited as the progenitor of an entire character type.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

(Rubs paws together) Mwahahahaha! I have dragged another one down the rabbit hole! :vict
That just means I'll have to buy two mini shovels for Christmas gifts this year!

Soooo gonna be poor in six days. I hates being a broke bunny, but Matsumoto is such a sweetie.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Mine better have GLITTER! ^_^
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

The KS ended today with over 154K raised, which was over 30K past the last stretch goal. I'm really happy to see that there are still that many fans out there that are willing to spend money for a classic. I really hope that DMP does the property justice with a sumptuous release, complete with slipcovers and colored insert pages.