Anyone read/seen Maison Ikkoku?

All the Anime that's fit to print.....in serialized novels

Have you heard of, read, or seen Maison Ikkoku?

I've heard of it.
4%
I've read it.
22%
I've seen it.
26%
I've read it and seen it.
35%
I've never heard of it.
13%

Total votes: 23

Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

Keropi wrote:
Shampoo wrote:I have yet to get into collecting cels just because I havent seen any worth spending over 500 for. I know Kyoko goes for quite a bit but its soo hard finding a nice shot of her smiling.
Do you mean 500 US dollars or 500 yen? ?^_^? :D

Decent profile shots of Kyoko are rather expensive. That's for sure. 8O
500 yen!! I wish lol :rollin
No I meant 500 dollars.. I've never seen a decent Kyoko for less than 500. :l Usually the ones I really like are waay waaay up there. /wah There was only 1 cel of her that completely caught my eye a few yrs back on Yhj :love2 that I was dying to get but no way no how was I gonna come up w/ over a grand. :messed It was a shot of her from the 1st season ending. Soooo pretty! >_<
vapalla
Senpai - Elder

Post by vapalla »

You are right Keropi! The Museum cel is clearly that last card in the picture. They cropped the tree trunk on the right, but you can still see the branch behind her head.
Visit our Cel Gallery!: http://cat.rubberslug.com/
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

I love the manga!!! For some reason, Yotsuya is my fav character in this one. Usually my favorites are bishies or manly-good-looking (I'm thinking Ryoga with that statement), but something about Yotsuya just struck me. I SOOOOO want to know what he does for a living :crackup

However, when it comes to anime, I actually prefer to watch dubs at this point . . .ducks rotten tomatoes . . . I mean, I prefer to look at the artwork rather than spend my time reading subtitles. Maybe one day my Japanese will be good enough to watch anime w/ the subtitles on just for backup.

Anyway, I watched the first dubbed episode of Maison and realized why people hate dubbing so much . . . I mean, Yotsuya had a British accent!! And I hated the fact that the whole Ronin joke was completely skipped over :redhot It wouldn't take that much to explain. This might be one of my first series that I /swt
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

klet wrote: Anyway, I watched the first dubbed episode of Maison and realized why people hate dubbing so much . . . I mean, Yotsuya had a British accent!!
You'd be suprised how many people I've read that only liked the English dub of Yotsuya and no one else. They say his accent fit his character. Obviously everyone has different taste when it comes to English dubs. :D
klet wrote: And I hated the fact that the whole Ronin joke was completely skipped over :redhot It wouldn't take that much to explain.
Didn't the Viz English dub call Godai a "flunkout" or something like that? :?