Characters/shows you want most?

A place to post wish lists, ask for help with IDing a cel, screen cap requests, translation requests ... etc.
Luna Hoshino
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Luna Hoshino »

Mine is pretty simple...

Rave:

Any sketches of Shuda. ANY. He's my favorite character from any anime/manga ever; I must have sketches of him!
Sieg Hart (am actually eyeing a GORGEOUS set and pondering if I can spare the money for it)

Saiyuki:

More sketches of Hazel with wings from Gunlock 26-- incredibly elusive so far; I've only seen two sketches released and I own one of them.
Zakuro! Any Zakkun is good Zakkun for me, but he seems to be hard to find. :l
Ukoku - I've got one already, but I'd love more (and a better shot)
Dougan - I have a bunch of him as a human courtesy of Titania, but I'd like some of him in youkai form or as an adult in the temple robes.
A nice sketch of Hakkai and Yisou together, preferably from a flashback - yes, this is my crack pairing and I love it.

Other than that, I've got a lot of the sketches that used to be on my wishlist. :)
redwolf
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by redwolf »

Keropi wrote:If I cast my net wide enough I'm sure to get something. I can't concentrate on only a few shows anymore because so few quality artwork show up for sale these days compared to two or three years ago. :(
That makes sense. Good cels will only get rarer, and entire shows worth of sketches are very good at disappearing into the void.
So you're looking for Negima sketches? Of just Kaede and no one else? I'm not looking for anyone in particular - although I suppose if it were of Sayo, Asuna, Chachamaru, Konoka, Setsuna, Evangeline or Nodoka I would like the sketch more. :D
I tend to like a lot of characters in the shows I watch, so I try to figure out my top characters in a show and then I try to stick to them. In Negima, that would be Kaede and Setsuna, but since they really never animated the Setsuna scenes I would have wanted (Shinsengumi and winged Setsuna), I'm sticking to Kaede. Well...I wouldn't mind a nice one of Setsuna with Yuunagi (her sword). I really can't imagine that sketches for this episode 26 shot of Setsuna would ever appear.

There sure are a lot of likable characters in Negima, though. :)

By the way, did you catch this Mandarake auction? The first Konoka layout was pretty nice, I think. http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 2920100001
jcaliff

Post by jcaliff »

I've actually had an amazing amount of luck this year. I got Teddy Ruxpin cels - that was pretty much my number 1 wishlist item I could have ever asked for. There are always a few other things though...

Nintama - Rikichi. That's my number 1 right now. I'd also love to get other characters I don't have, especially some of the upper classmen like Fuwa Raizo or Tamura Mikiemon.

Dragon Ball - I still need Black, Yellow, and a television version of Taopaipai from the Red Ribbon Army, I also want a cel of Yamucha in sweats and on crutches from the Piccolo-daimaoh arc and a cel of Yamucha in his ugly yellow suit with short hair from the Buu arc.

Ryu Knight - I want one cel from each episode, so any episodes I don't have cels from, I want. I also would love to someday find my very own cel of young Sarutobi from the flashback sequences or (and this is a pipe dream) Sarutobi without his mask from episode 45(? I think). That's not gonna happen anytime soon, and if I did find one I'd have to beat off a couple of other people with a stick in order to get it.

Ninpen Manmaru - anything at all, I want it.

Detective Conan - Anything cute with Takagi and/or Satoh, also looking for a cel with Chiba.

Chou Kuseninarisou - I want more cels from the LoGH parody episode

Legend of the Galactic Heroes - I don't really have a wishlist any more; I'm actually pretty happy with my collection. Of course, I still keep my eyes open...
Image Image
Hector the Collector loved these things with all his soul,
Loved them more than shining diamonds, loved them more than glistenin' gold.
Hector called to all the people,"Come and share my treasure trunk!"
And all the silly sightless people came and looked...and called it junk.
Nene

Post by Nene »

Mine's a fairly detailed list including specific scenes since I mostly know which production cels I would love to get my hands on. There's only 8 episodes to my favourite anime so it's not too much of a case of a needle in a haystack. Just the rarity of them popping up. Hope the images aren't too big, I did make them smaller than they were originally. If they are I'll just make 'em smaller. ^_^

I might try and get more screencaps of the cels I haven't got pictures for yet and update this post later on since the descriptions alone might not mean much to anybody.

This has also made me realise I need to update my Wishlist on Rubberslug. o.o

Bubblegum Crisis:

• Priss from the opening of episode 1 when she's in her stage outfit. (High Priority)

Something like this:

• The Knight Sabers from episode 4 when they're in their camouflage gear and having a game of paint ball. (Medium Priority)

• Gibson and Naomi from episode 4 during the flashback of when they're in their car and a motorcycle gang later attacks them. Naomi is mostly traumatised during this episode because of the aforementioned reason and it's good to see them both happy before the motobike gang ruins things. (Medium Priority)

• Linna, Nene and Priss from episode 5 when Priss is introducing her friends to Sylvie whom she has befriended that day. I love this image, it's so cute! ^_^

• Sylvie and Anri from episode 5 during the scene when Sylvie is giving Anri a blood transfusion all vampire-like [they're artificial humans, if that makes it sound a little less strange for people who have no idea what I'm talking about]. I almost had a cel from this scene with matching background but it wasn't to be. (High Priority)

Something like this or even later on in the scene when there's facial closeups:

• Leon from the opening of episode 8 when he's doing his morning routine of lifting weights with a toothbrush in his mouth. It reminds me of when the camera then moves to the right and you see Daley getting up after sleeping on the couch. A very ambiguous and funny scene considering he's been hitting on Leon for most of the series. ^_~ (Medium Priority)

I have a settei sketch here of the sort of thing I'd like:

http://nene.rubberslug.com/gallery/inv_ ... mID=134078

• Nene from episode 8 when she's had her Hard Suit visor smashed by a Boomer and you can see her face. (High Priority)

• Nene from Hurricane Live 2032 during the "Asu e Touchdown" music video. She has a cute heart tattoo on her cheek. (High Priority)

• Any of the Knight Sabers during their flash back scenes of being recruited, during the "Asu e Touchdown" music video. (Medium-High Priority depending on the cel)

I think this cel of Nene is from there:

Hanken:

Now for the hanken that I have the slimmest chance of getting, but I can always dream.

• Bean Bandit. Absolutely drool-worthy in my books. /kis

• Most of the BGC gals by Kenichi Sonoda. Or at least the ones up to episode 6. If the original to this piece is out there, I'd absolutely love to get my hands on it.

Last edited by Nene on Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

redwolf wrote:I tend to like a lot of characters in the shows I watch, so I try to figure out my top characters in a show and then I try to stick to them. In Negima, that would be Kaede and Setsuna,
My method is a bit different. I keep favorite anime and character lists so that I know what I like the most. If an artwork up for sale makes both lists I know I'm more likely to like the item for the long haul. But if an artwork doesn't have something on either list then I consider it more of a side purchase (something I should think longer about before buying and something I should buy only when I have extra money)
redwolf wrote:but since they really never animated the Setsuna scenes I would have wanted (Shinsengumi and winged Setsuna),
Yeah it's a shame they cut those scenes out. :(
redwolf wrote:By the way, did you catch this Mandarake auction? The first Konoka layout was pretty nice, I think. http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/auc_e/item ... 2920100001
I caught that auction, but it wasn't quite my thing. I know it's going to be tough for me to get a Negima sketch that I like. Negima is in my "Lower Priority" category (along with Bleach). Which means that I'll be pickier in what I try to purchase and then I'll likely have a much lower bidding threshold than other people in the auction. :?

On the other hand...

High Priority - means that I might be open to getting "mediocre" sketches and then paying some kind of crazy :messed amount for them. :evil2 :wack :D

So everything balances itself out in the long run. :)

Good luck on getting your Kaede and Setsuna sketches. /no1
graymouser

Post by graymouser »

The ones from the Big Four shows I collect from are very high. I know I am very unlikely to get any of them. But who ever said wish lists had to be realistic? Here is an abbreviated list.

The Heroic Legend of Arslan
-ba hador pan cel
-episode/movie one arslan
Image Image

The Last Unicorn
-the cat

Fushigi Yuugi
-tv miboshi
-tv suboshi with weapon
Image Image
-tv amiboshi playing flute
Image Image

Vampire Hunter D
-leila smiling and drinking a beer
Ronin
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ronin »

Wow, everyone knows what they want!! I find it hard enough just narrowing it down to the series I like. Let alone characters and shots!! I should be more picky!! X|
redwolf

Post by redwolf »

Ronin wrote:Wow, everyone knows what they want!! I find it hard enough just narrowing it down to the series I like. Let alone characters and shots!! I should be more picky!! X|
I think sometimes it [thinking I know what I want] is an illusion. For example, a few years back, I knew I wanted a Jajuka from Escaflowne, but it had to be a TV Jajuka because I didn't like the movie as much. Then, this came along. http://tanuki.rubberslug.com/gallery/in ... mID=123461
I ended up liking this one better than the TV Jajukas I've seen (a whopping two of them :( ) because of the action and the incredible detail. The douga is amazing.
Keropi wrote:My method is a bit different. I keep favorite anime and character lists so that I know what I like the most.
Yup, I'm all about the characters. Liking a show well does play a part, but not always. For instance, I'm not a Maria-sama ga Miteru fan because Sei is the only character I really came to like. However, I'd definitely go for a nice sketch of her with medium-length hair. Or chibi sketches from the omakes.
I caught that auction, but it wasn't quite my thing.
I figured as much, since it is not a typical Konoka expression or pose. I checked it out thanks to the convenient episode and cut numbers, and she is just waking up in a part of a scene that seems to have been cut out of the final anime.

Sounds like you have a nice plan for narrowing down what you want. Good luck to you as well, finding all of your desired sketches and cels!
Titania
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Titania »

Hmmm, my wishlist is fairly extensive (and mainly sketches, these days), so perhaps just a peek at it.

Saiyuki Reload Urusai sketches - 'Card Captor Gokuu' in particular

Saiyuki Reload sketch of the boys heading West ... on bikes.

TokiMeki GS game art - sketches of Madoka in particular

DNAngel - sketches of Dark ... any Dark

Meine Liebe - sketches of Ludwig

Harutoki - sketches of Akuram & Tomomasa

Sukisho - sketches of Kaitou Usagi & Nagase-buchou in particular

Kyou Kara Maoh - sketches of Morgif (the sword) making kissy faces, or when Yuuri imagines him as a bishounen

Prince of Tennis - sketches of Oshitari

And I find myself craving a nice Folken at the moment. Among a great many other things. ^_^
sailorsv13

Post by sailorsv13 »

My main wishlist is of course of Sailor Moon cels!
Characters:
Sailor Neptune
Sailor Moon
Sailor Pluto
Sailor Uranus
Catzy/Cooan

Hehe I really am only looking for perfect cels of these characters too ^.^

~ Bri ~

"Dark have been my dreams of late." ~ King Theodin from Lord of the Rings
evilminion
Senpai - Elder

Post by evilminion »

Gimme! :evilblk :evilblk :evilblk

He who dies with the biggest mech... obviously needed a bigger mech.
http://www.evilminion.com/ - anime cel gallery
dude_moose
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by dude_moose »

My current wishlist includes:
Kanoe, Fuma, and Yuto from X
Ayeka and Kiyone not angry, Zero Ryoko, and Washu from Tenchi
Good shots from the episode No Need for a Checkpoint from Tenchi Universe
Orochimaru from Naruto
An OP Deelit from The Recod of Lodoss Wars TV
Quon, Maya (Ayato's mother), and Mishima from RahXephon
Lust from Fullmetal Alchemist
Naga from Slayers

plus I'm looking out for anything from Gankutsuou and Elfen Lied

and that's about it.
I also usually pick up anything else that catches my fancy, but at the moment, these are the character that I'm really looking for.
rayd
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rayd »

Le Sigh...All I want is a god cel from Lain. :O So many years i've waited for one. :l
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

Awwwwww
*huggles cel senpai* :friends:

Its ok.. it'll eventually pop up again! You'll see
if not.. we may have to take a trip down there
and make yhj fess up who got the last one
and pay them a visit :evil2
mwahahahah! lol!
Or just hope another one becomes available
again.. I opt for the 2nd choice :hitting: :crackup
KT
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by KT »

Basically I want series 1 Yugioh cels/sketches, sketches of the main characters from Bobobo bo bobobo and some decent cels of Hiei from Yu Yu Hakusho :D