Would give limbs for this!

A place to post wish lists, ask for help with IDing a cel, screen cap requests, translation requests ... etc.
MidniteKitten
Kishin - Fierce God

Would give limbs for this!

Post by MidniteKitten »

I saw a "A Kite" rilezu in anothers gallery on rubberslug of Sawa lying on a bed grasping her ankles, skirt slightly lifted, suitcase on side and gun in one hand on purple sheets. I'm looking very specifically for this rilezu but have had no luck finding out who made it, where it was sold and the likes. I know it was a limited edition of 300. If anyone has any information about this rilezu please PM me or send feedback through rubberslug. Many thanks!

This is the picture...:

iwakuralain16
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by iwakuralain16 »

oo that is pretty.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

I haven't seen one of those for sale in a few years. The last one was on Y!J and had some water damage...

Good luck! :)
MidniteKitten
Kishin - Fierce God

B-day wishing

Post by MidniteKitten »

Damn, though I'd take it even with some water damage as the piece is just too good to pass up, I'd give up collecting for 1yr just for this cel alone. With my birthday coming up I can dream I'll get the money to buy it off the only owner of the cel I know *crosses fingers*. Thank you though!
cel-ace

Post by cel-ace »

i know of someone who has 192/300. I'll run your wishlist request by him =)
MidniteKitten
Kishin - Fierce God

many thanks

Post by MidniteKitten »

cel-ace wrote:i know of someone who has 192/300. I'll run your wishlist request by him =)
Please pm me as soon as possible with the response and if he's willing to let it go, for how much? Thank you again all of you have been so helpful!
MidniteKitten
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by MidniteKitten »

Well one out of 3 possibilities is now out of the equation. Contacted Asylum Anime and they had one in their personal collection and asked for an offer, threw 250$ out there but was declined TT_TT.

I'm not sure what it's original selling price was but 250$ would definitely make the margin as the highest ever paid for a cel. I'd be willing to offer more to anyone who has or knows anyone who has one but would definitely ask for a payment plan, I can put down a 75$ deposit and make payments off within 2months-3max and refer you to someone I have completed a successful payment plan with.

I'm adamant about getting this cel!
samiamew
Kamisama - God

Post by samiamew »

Ask and you shall receive :wink:

Check out this thread:

http://www.anime-beta.com/phpBB/viewtop ... highlight=
MidniteKitten
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by MidniteKitten »

Everyone keeps pointing me in that direction, would just like to say I had already put in an offer and was politely declined.

Still very much on the look out. There's 297 out there that I haven't seen and that people own, so there's still hope!

Maybe I'm just being a bit pick, I'd like one in the first 100 run because it seems like the ones I've seen after that had a change in color and detail. But even if you have 299 I'm still willing to put in a nice offer so please contact me!
Mendo

Post by Mendo »

I think your offer is just too low at $250 honestly. Even though this is a limited edition, they are very rare and the quality is high. Kite also has very beautiful artwork and this cel has an incredible amount of detail. I think you will have competition from non-Kite collectors for this piece.
I'm just guessing but I think this would go for over $450.
MidniteKitten
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by MidniteKitten »

I think 250 is very reasonable seeing as the majority of people willing to sell up have from 101 on in the series which saw a dramatic turn in colors, detail and quality.
I did say I'd offer more though for any in the first 100 run.

I did put in an offer on one and in a way it was accepted and rejected as the person agreed to the price should they ever sell it but at the time was too attatched to it.

Still searching as always, and creating a nice thank you gift for anyone who parts ways with one of these repro's.

Thank you againa as always!
Startyde
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Startyde »

Mendo wrote:I think your offer is just too low at $250 honestly. Even though this is a limited edition, they are very rare and the quality is high. Kite also has very beautiful artwork and this cel has an incredible amount of detail. I think you will have competition from non-Kite collectors for this piece.
Mendo speaks the truth. The last one I saw was from Bryan (Brian?) of Kimonocels.com (defunct). I believe it went for $350 or $400 but I'm not sure. I wanted his tight ass Reiko shot at the time, but he had it autographed right on the cel with his name...boo berries...
"I actually really liked that game till it caught a blaze ha." - WhiteTrashShayno on Teleroboxer
darksuzaku
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by darksuzaku »

Startyde wrote:
Mendo wrote:I think your offer is just too low at $250 honestly. Even though this is a limited edition, they are very rare and the quality is high. Kite also has very beautiful artwork and this cel has an incredible amount of detail. I think you will have competition from non-Kite collectors for this piece.
Mendo speaks the truth. The last one I saw was from Bryan (Brian?) of Kimonocels.com (defunct). I believe it went for $350 or $400 but I'm not sure. I wanted his tight ass Reiko shot at the time, but he had it autographed right on the cel with his name...boo berries...
And i can second that too, i used to collect from Kite in the past and i can tell you that that precise repro would go for more.

In this situation i would contact Curt from Asylum Anime again and try to ask him for a price for his repro. But you can't be sure he will tell you. Even being a cel dealer like he is, he's not actively looking to sell it, and that means it would take more than a market price offer to sell it.

Try to place yourself in his shoes. Lets say you get this repro for those $250 and a month later i offer you $275 for it because i really like it. Would you really sell it to me? I bet you would politely decline my offer because you are really attached to the cel and i would probably be sent to your waiting list.....
MidniteKitten
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by MidniteKitten »

350-400 or even 500 is no problem, I'm just not willing to offer that much on one of the later 101-300 run because as I said, I see a dramatic drop in color, detail and overall quality. This is not to say I would'nt go a tad bit higher for one of the later runs, is just extremely unlikely, as if I'm gonna blow the money on a dream cel, I want it to be as close to perfect in everyway and not a "settle for..." cel.
MidniteKitten
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by MidniteKitten »

I mentioned earlier I was creating a nice little gift for anyone who leads me to info that ends in my purchase of the cel or anyone who directly contacts me willing to sell the cel. I thought I should show you the work in progress as an incentive for motivation. Keep in mind the makeshift "desk panel" I work on is a mess with paint tests and the two white papers backing it are of different colors. *Seems I can't get it to scan right, the purple looks too blue and greens too bright, etc... first time I've had trouble with color just keep in mind this is just for a basic concept of what you will be receiving, then again I left the scanner cover open because the paint hasn't completely set*

Heres the gift fan cel: