Cookie cutter help

A place to post wish lists, ask for help with IDing a cel, screen cap requests, translation requests ... etc.
Japoro
Eiyuu - Hero

Cookie cutter help

Post by Japoro »

Ok now that you are going "what the heck" :? after reading the subject line, I am asking for some help in possibly expanding, refining and general help in looking for some unique cookie cutters.

A little background in to why I am asking for some help is that my mother is quite the avid collector, and has somewhere in the neighborhood of just under 10,000 different and unique cookie cutters. For her birthday/Christmas I usually try to find a unique packaging/set for her, but it has become difficult in the past year to find something new unique to get her. (The cookie cutter collectors community can be scarier than the cel collecting community when it comes to something unique)

Last year I got her Disney Lunch Box and this Set The problem is that I haven't seen much in the way of new stuff that isn't just plain American cookie cutter sets sold on YJ. (The fun part is that my mother got to show off some of these sets at a regional gathering, and got them featured in the national cookie cutter newsletter.)

In general what I am looking for is something that is in a box or package that is kind of unique to Japan or some other culture, that probably isn't common in America. The search I have been using on YJ is YJ Search and I am wondering if someone can help me by redefining the search a little, or pointing in some direction to an online store that may provide some better choices.
Celtyrant
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by Celtyrant »

Well, I have some pocahontas cookie cutters from when that movie came out. Something you MIGHT consider is that cutters that are a single shape, are often just thin aluminum, which you can buy in sheets from the craft or home improvement store. You could make something completely unique, such as the profile of you, or your family, using a photograph, by bending a strip of aluminum as if you were tracing it. You could also do other funky shapes. Just a thought.
Its more than a gallery.